• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

A Baker's dozen

IML Gear Cream!
Nice squatties and inverted rowage!

Bakerboy...wtf are you!??!?!

:bawling: :( :bawling: :( :bawling:

I miss you.

The funny thing is that this morning I too was thinking about what the heck has happened to BakerBoy......:(

FuFu, why does it have to hurt so much?? :(

....I just don't know........
crying.gif

I need to see his workout logs with handstand push ups and bear crawls down stairs...

---I'm back--- or should I say I have been to hell and back.

To make a long story short... I have had some medical problems and have been in and out of emergency and seen several doctors...
because I was having a lot of chest/ shoulder pain. The pain has been constant since I came back from my trip, so bad that I thought I was having a heart attack. After ECG's and multiple blood tests- testing everything from blood clots to diabetes as well as chest x- rays the doctors say I have a bad case of Costochondritis- inflammation in the cartilage and bones of the chest wall. Anyway they told me all they can do is give me something for the pain... but I don't want to be dependent on drugs- I want to solve the problem not mask the problem-- so I have been doing my own research on the subject. I am on a strick anti- imflammitary diet, vitamins. Until yesterday I could not even push a heavy door open or support myself in a pushup position and my energy for the last two months has been about a 1 out of 10. A week ago I could only manage two walk around the block, now I have worked my way up to 3- 45min walks. The thing that sucks the most is that I can't even ride my bike without intense pain in my left ribs, even bending over to tie my shoes is very taxing. The strange thing is I don't even know how I got this- is it viral or did I re-injure myself (I have had three major accidents on my bike in the past year- on one I flipped over inthe air (my front brakes jammed up) and landed on my back inthe middle of the street or it could be from stress to... Anyway I hope to be back in good helath soon. How is everyone else doing?

Holy shit! Hope you get better!!

we missed you, as evident by the song I left in here.

Yeah thanks P. I am trying to rebuild my immune system. It sucks but I have seen some improvements. On the up side I am learning a lot about natural remedies/ herbs etc. Also I meditate when the pain gets bad- it beats the haze of drugs.

How is your company- Optimum Sports Performance- anything develop with that since I have been gone? How's the O lifting? I don't see any posts from Foreman has he been axed??

Yeah thanks P. I am trying to rebuild my immune system. It sucks but I have seen some improvements. On the up side I am learning a lot about natural remedies/ herbs etc. Also I meditate when the pain gets bad- it beats the haze of drugs.

How is your company- Optimum Sports Performance- anything develop with that since I have been gone? How's the O lifting? I don't see any posts from Foreman has he been axed??

Well, as far as the company goes, it appears (for the moment) that things are going to start moving in the right direction (I jsut posted in my journal).

Foreman has been axed, as well as Tough Old Man and Kenwood.

IML Gear Cream!
---I'm back--- or should I say I have been to hell and back.

To make a long story short... I have had some medical problems and have been in and out of emergency and seen several doctors...
because I was having a lot of chest/ shoulder pain. The pain has been constant since I came back from my trip, so bad that I thought I was having a heart attack. After ECG's and multiple blood tests- testing everything from blood clots to diabetes as well as chest x- rays the doctors say I have a bad case of Costochondritis- inflammation in the cartilage and bones of the chest wall. Anyway they told me all they can do is give me something for the pain... but I don't want to be dependent on drugs- I want to solve the problem not mask the problem-- so I have been doing my own research on the subject. I am on a strick anti- imflammitary diet, vitamins. Until yesterday I could not even push a heavy door open or support myself in a pushup position and my energy for the last two months has been about a 1 out of 10. A week ago I could only manage two walk around the block, now I have worked my way up to 3- 45min walks. The thing that sucks the most is that I can't even ride my bike without intense pain in my left ribs, even bending over to tie my shoes is very taxing. The strange thing is I don't even know how I got this- is it viral or did I re-injure myself (I have had three major accidents on my bike in the past year- on one I flipped over inthe air (my front brakes jammed up) and landed on my back inthe middle of the street or it could be from stress to... Anyway I hope to be back in good helath soon. How is everyone else doing?

Welcome back!!! This has made my day.

Man, you've been through alot of shit. Best of luck with that, are the doctors trying to find out what caused it? Maybe there are people on IM who could offer some help.

Atleast you are progressing, right?

Thanks fufu... it's good to be back.

I am getting better- slowly progressing. The inmflammation seems to be subsiding with the diet that I am on. The main thing now is getting my energy level back up and managing the pain in my ribs.

I wan't to start training again as soon as I can- probably just some basic bodyweight stuff/ light db to begin with. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm sure with a lot of hard work I can get back to my old self again...

holy shit, I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw your name! hopefully you get better soon, you are very missed! good luck

Thanks fufu... it's good to be back.

I am getting better- slowly progressing. The inmflammation seems to be subsiding with the diet that I am on. The main thing now is getting my energy level back up and managing the pain in my ribs.

I wan't to start training again as soon as I can- probably just some basic bodyweight stuff/ light db to begin with. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm sure with a lot of hard work I can get back to my old self again...

How is daily living handling with the inflammation? Are you able to function normally besides not being able tp train?

You'll be back and doing your hand stand pushups gain.

Thanks guys- P, Mike, Double D, fufu. The daily living has been tough but it's slowly getting better.

I am determined to get my health back. It makes me think of all the people who live with chronic pain for years and years.

I have started to set aside the time I ussually dedicate to training just to do simple rehad things- which has been mostly just walking and meditating. It's humbling starting from scratch but we all have things we have to fight for in life. A lot of people struggle with far worse conditions- at least what I have doesn't seem to be terminal- as far as the doctors know it's not cancer...
I think my recovery will go smoother if I try to stay positive and have a sense of humour about it.

I attempted to workout today- my energy was so low. I just wanted to see what was possible...

Bending forward causes me to have a lot of pain so a lot of things I can't really do- I am going to just keep it simple and do what I said- lift very light- with a lot of BW stuff.

Rode 15min - slow - at least I can ride- a few days ago I couldn't even do that!

Later-
Clean + Press 2 sets
45- 5 reps
75- 5 reps

Snatch 2 sets
75- 3 reps
75- 2 reps

Front squats 2 sets
75- 5 reps
75- 5 reps

Floor presses 2 sets
45 pound plate 12 reps
45 pound plate 10 reps

Pullups (L- ups) 2 sets
BW- 5 reps
BW- 5 reps

One arm reverse fly 2 sets
10- 12 reps
10- 12 reps

Plank- 2 sets
I didn't bother to time it- just went as long as I could with good form.

Thats it... This sucks- I am so discouraged- what's happening to my body-
I was so beat after just doing that- I want to punch someone.

You posted this a while ago in my journal. Maybe it will cheer you up?

I'm also in the dumps, but your prediciment makes me feel like a selfish a-hole. At this stage you can atleast look to progression, even if it may not be tremendous. Progress is progress though. I believe in you!

The rehab workout

I'm just taking on a day to day basis.

Today

Burpees- warm up 3min

3 Burpees to 3 chin ups -2 sets

BW lunge with jump- 12 reps/ 2 sets
Pullups (L-ups)- 6, 6
BW split squat- 12 reps/ 2 sets

BB snatch- 45*/75*/95
5 reps, 3 reps, 2 reps
* with overhead press

All things considered I am happy with the way things went today. I lost 15 pounds in the last two months so I can't expect to just jump right back in to where I was- training wise- before I got sick. I hope my energy level start to pick up soon. I think optimal nutrition as well as eating enough calories is going to be critical to my success.

IML Gear Cream!
for someone coming back from illness, that is a pretty darn good workout!

Yes, what P-funk said, looks like solid progress. You know what you gotta do, just give'er time and you'll be back!

Today-

Warm up- burpees (starting lying face down) 3 min

BB cleans/ rollouts - 2 sets
95/5, 115/5/ 5, 5

Clean + press - 2sets
115/1
115/1

Clean + front squat - 2 sets
115/5
115/5

BW bulgarian squats- 2 sets
20, 20
20, 20

Pullups/ chinups
25 total reps

I need to find a way I can do a horizontal movement that doesn't cause me to bend over to much- I guess I could just do BW rows. For some reason I found the pullups/ chinups harder to do today.

Hey, looks you are are starting to back to your old self. 115 lbs might not seem alot compared to what you used to but, but it is 115 lbs! Nothing to be toyed with!

For the rows, you could do prone rows on a bench. You know? Would you be fine doing something like that? You don't need to bend over to support yourself, just lay on the bench. Would that hurt your chest?

Hey, looks you are are starting to back to your old self. 115 lbs might not seem alot compared to what you used to but, but it is 115 lbs! Nothing to be toyed with!

For the rows, you could do prone rows on a bench. You know? Would you be fine doing something like that? You don't need to bend over to support yourself, just lay on the bench. Would that hurt your chest?

That's a good idea, fufu, except I don't have a bench that is high enough. :(

Hmmm, maybe you could find something to stack under the legs.

Back