• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

A Baker's dozen

Bakerboy

cat burglar
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My first ever online journal. :eek: I figure I should suck it up and start one. I could use all the advice and support I can get, "the kindness of strangers."
Or if you just need to bitch that's okay too. All jokes and jokers are encouraged as I want to keep the tone of things lighthearted...

Last I checked I was 5' 7" 153lbs. My goals for this month is to get to 155lbs. I am going to do 3-full-body workouts per week with sprints, stairs, cycling, and skipping on my days off. Feel free to make comments if you like. :thumbup: Well, here we go...

July 28

Full- body

Warm up- 60 seconds/ skipping + BB clean and press X 5

DB step-ups- BW/15, BW+50/12, BW+65/10, BW+75/8 (per side)
ATG squats- 45/15, 100/20, 135/20, 150/20
Unilateral DB rows- 55/12, 65/10, 75/8
DB overhead press/clean and press- 50/12, 65/8, 75/1, 75/1 (clean and press)
Chin-ups- BW/20, BW+45/14, BW+55/8
Rollouts- 7,7,5

Hard workout. The high reps squats kicked my butt today. It took me longer than usual to recover from them. The rollouts were hard because I just started to do them again. Everthing else was on par. My shoulders still give me problems so I might have to cut down the overhead presses for a bit and just do some light band work until they are 100%.

what is wrong with your shoulders?

20 rep squats....:barf:

Fantastic job on the pullups, those are some impressive numbers.

This will probably be a fine journal to scope out. Good luck with whatever you are looking to achieve.

By the way, sick chinups.

P- They crack and ache a lot. It's an old injury that causes me problems when I try to go to heavy or don't warm up the properly.
fufu- I am trying to do one high rep squat day a week and it aint pretty.
Cow- Thanks. Chin-ups and pull-ups are my favorite movements.

July 29

Active recovery

Road ride- 120 minutes (easy)
Stretch
Yoga

My legs felt stiff this morning so I hopped on the bike and went for a quick spin.
Early Saturday mornings are great because there is hardly any traffic. The route I went on only has one big hill so it was no big deal.
It started to rain (just a light sprinkle) 3/4 into the ride which felt fantastic.
I have to hit the farmers market today but I think I will wait until it clears up.
Now I have to go eat..

agh, I haven't been to Yoga in a long time, I need to get back. I need money to spend on it though.

Bakerboy said:
Just date a yoga instructor. Problem solved.:)

You can get her into some bedroom yoga poses. Mmm... Your idea is sounding very promising all of a sudden Baker...

July 30

Park stuff

Stairs
walk up stairs (warm up) x 1
walk up stairs (every second step) (warm up) x 1
run up stairs (every second step) (fast)/hop up stairs (every third step) x 4
End walking up to top of stairs
(water)
stretch
plank 9:09 x 1
Tai chi

July 31

Full- body

warm up- skipping/ hindu pushups/ db clean and press (25's) (60 seconds each) x 3

Deadlifts- 135/10(warm up), 185/8,(warmup), 275/5, 325/3, 345/1
Unilateral db bench press- 55/12, 65/10, 75/8
Pistols- leftside 15, 15, 14 right side 15, 14, 14 (holding 8kg medicinne ball)
Rows- 135/10, 155/6, 165/5
Pull-ups- 20, 19, 19
Farmer walks- 100's 2 circuits
Rollouts- 7,6,7

The deadlifts felt good today. I went with a medium weight on the pressing stuff because I am afraid of killing my shoulders again. Todays workout took 75min including warm up, I need to cut that back a bit. I was really juiced up after the deadlifts but towards the end of the workout I just wanted it to be over. Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow.

Hmmm, unilateral db benching, that is an interesting idea. Do you rep out one side at a time or alternate?

I start with my left side doing the appropriate number of reps, then still lying on the bench switch the DB to my right side. I have never tried with really heavy weights I think it would be too risky unless I had a spotter. I like doing it this way because I find I am less apt to just heave up the weights like when you are using two DB's. The logic behind it is that it's easier to focus on one action at a time. CP does these too I think.

Bakerboy said:
I start with my left side doing the appropriate number of reps, then still lying on the bench switch the DB to my right side. I have never tried with really heavy weights I think it would be too risky unless I had a spotter. I like doing it this way because I find I am less apt to just heave up the weights like when you are using two DB's. The logic behind it is that it's easier to focus on one action at a time. CP does these too I think.

Yeah. I like to abstain from using a counterweight to increase core stabilization requirements. Sometimes alternating is cool too though.

Nice pistols by the way. You have some skills Baker.

July 31 (evening)

I couldn't help myself. It was such a nice evening, I had to go for a spin.
Loosen up my old man legs. :hehe:

120 minutes (pace)
I better go eat...

CP- My pistols maybe okay but that's just because I am only so light. I need to improve my deadlift it sucks.:)

That's a very respectable deadlift, especially at your bodyweight.

IML Gear Cream!
August 1

Park stuff
Tai chi
Plank- 09:15 x 1

The park was empty and cool this morning. Tranquil, except for the two birds that seemed to be arguing in the branches of an old tree I was under. I plan to do an hour of yoga this evening. I can feel my hams from yesterdays deads.

Where are you living that you have a nice empty park to go to?

lawl, of course!

A 9 minute long plank?! Haha, I don't have the patience for that shit.

^ After 5min you just go into a zone.
CP do you have any other ideas for exercises that I could do for my core? (I do L ups, leg raises, rollouts, v-ups, and planks). I know they get a lot of work from deads, squats and overhead pressing.

Do you ever do "boats"? I think that is what they are called. It is a Yoga move I believe. You start supine, then you lift your legs up about 30 degrees, then your back(neutral) goes up the same angle as the legs, the you put your arms straight out and hold.

^ I have not done that pose in awhile but maybe I should. I like doing v-ups instead because it's a bit like (boats) but not isometric.

There are all kinds of plank variations that are much more difficult than a regular plank.

Try this one. Start in pushup position. From there, walk your hands out as far as you can and hold it like that. A fuck of a lot harder than a normal plank. You can lift up an arm and a leg too for added fun.

^ yeah I know. the exercises you mean.. I need to switch it up. The regular plank is getting pretty old. I like what fufu suggested too but I will put that in the days I do yoga. Thanks guys. :thumbup:

Back