• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Understand macros, but what is the deal with sodium?

AKIRA said:
I see it as being a problem with blood pressure and such, but what or how does it affect diet for weight trainers?
Good question, waiting for an answer from a mod.

I think all it does other than effecting blood pressure, is make you hold water in your body, instead of pissing it out.

So basically if you have to much sodium in your diet, your weight will be higher on the scale, because of extra water weight.

So I don't think it affects diet for weight trainers.

But what if your trying to lose weight? whats a safe intake of sodium for a 19 y.o. who weighs 184lbs.

Weighed 210lbs 2 months ago but it seems that everything has ALOT of sodium in it and my progress seems slow.

Lol, didnt search b4 posting...

question though is this a correct calculation or is it dependent on weight?

How much sodium do you need?

* Estimated safe for adults less than 2400 mg
* Sodium deficiency signs and symptoms (rarely caused by inadequate dietary intake):
o Weakness
o Headache
o Muscle cramps
o Shock

2-4G of sodium per day is adequate for an athletic person.

You need sodium but there is plenty in the foods we eat so there is no reason to add any. Too much sodium will make you hold water.

Jodi said:
2-4G of sodium per day is adequate for an athletic person.

You need sodium but there is plenty in the foods we eat so there is no reason to add any. Too much sodium will make you hold water.

Ah HAH!

Hence, youll be heavier yes? But is it noticeable? I dont mean on a scale, I mean in a mirror.

An adequate intake of sodium is absolutely necessary, especially for physically active people. Sodium is probably the most important electrolyte in the body, at least concerning muscular activity.

Electrolytes are ions of elements used by the body to activate neurons and muscle cells via their non-neutral charges. If you are lacking any electrolytes related to muscle contraction then you may feel weak or possibly have a muscle "lock up" on you.

Back