• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How I made my life better.

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been taking Trouble's advice for almost 2 months now to fix my sleep and biological cycles.

I've been supplementing with theanine, gaba, taurine, magnesium citrate, melatonin, valerian root, and rhodiola rosea. Let me think...yes I think that is all of them. Well I've been using them daily and noticed some great results.

Sleep: The value of my sleep has rocketed. I used to have bouts of sleeplessness almost everynight. I would take atleast 30 minutes to fall asleep, sometimes and hour, sometimes 2 hours, sometimes more. I now can fall asleep in between 10-20 minutes. That is a huge improvement for me.

I used to wake several times a night feeling my mind racing and aware. When this happens(often it did), I'd have to lay in bed from somewhere between 1-3 hours before I could fall back asleep. Since I've been supplementing I have been progressively been waking less and less frequent; when I do wake, I can usually fall back to sleep no problem. I can now go 6-8 hours of sleeping without waking once - another great improvement. I also now require less sleep than I used to. I can fuction off of 8 1/2-10 hours when bfore I needed 9 1/2-11 hours.

I used to hate going to sleep because of all the inevitable interuptions and headaches, now I look forward to it. Needless to say, this really got rid of a ton of stress, which brings me to my next point.

Stress: Like I just said, fixing my sleep got rid of most my stress. Getting rid of the remainding stress is mostly a mental process, I am working on that. I don't think any supplement can fix some of this things going on in the mind. It takes work, but these supps certainly make it alot easier to handle.

Training: Training has been going great. It was beforehand, but it is definitely better now. I feel more aware and clearheaded during my morning workouts. I can have great workouts off of less sleep as well. I no longer fall victim to the chronic morning headache. It also would appear hypertrophy has been taking a faster boost than normal, I'm not sure of that though.

Conclusion: These substances work! Several aspects of my life have been getting better and better since I started them. Trouble suggested I spread the awareness, so here it is, be aware!

That is all for now, I will add more if I think of it.

Rhodiola is good shit, I likes it alot. Trying melatonin starting tonight, since the amount of training work I am doing has risen, sleep has been not so good.

FUFU even started a fan club in the process...i have been getting great results as well. If you having bowel problems i found triphala to be a good remedie that has helped out in the past. Another good remedie is fufu's favorite edemas LOL, but all kidding aside better quality of sleep = better able to handle stress. if using melatonin make sure you get some sunlight during the day. I swear our modern society is just like cavemen but only with AC.

Will Rhodiola also help a person with low cortisol levels too?

hardasnails1973 said:
FUFU even started a fan club in the process...i have been getting great results as well. If you having bowel problems i found triphala to be a good remedie that has helped out in the past. Another good remedie is fufu's favorite edemas LOL, but all kidding aside better quality of sleep = better able to handle stress. if using melatonin make sure you get some sunlight during the day. I swear our modern society is just like cavemen but only with AC.

Will Rhodiola also help a person with low cortisol levels too?

:laugh:

I agree with you on the sunlight exposure, it certainly helps me sleep better. I make it a point to get out in the sun.

Yes, HAN. Both Rhodiola and Bacopa act as glucocorticoid receptor adaptogens, augmenting receptor activation when cortisol is low, and partially blocking activation when cortisol is quite high or prolonged in its release (as is the case with delayed sleep phase syndrome and when meals are missed the previous day in stressed individuals).

:)

Since so many people have hidden blood/brain barrier issues what is better for getting across the blood brain barrier theanine,gaba,rhodiola rosea to increase serotonin/dopamine levels. There are people that claim rhodiola rosea is better then even samme for depression. Do each one of these operate through a different pathway.

Dale Mabry said:
Rhodiola is good shit, I likes it alot. Trying melatonin starting tonight, since the amount of training work I am doing has risen, sleep has been not so good.

Folonic acid and Methylcobalin is also very good for sleep since they help to modulate serotonin/melatonin metabolim as well as homocysteine.

i have been looking into rhodiola as well because drs wanted me on cortisol for low levels but again that is not fixing the problem, but possible creating more. i am trying to bring homeostasis not create more imbalances. I also read that this help to increase serotonin across blood brain barrier which I am in desperate need off thats for sure. All of the proper serotonin in the blood but not getting into brain to get metabolised. Hopefully this will help push it through. 2 years ago drs stuck me on paxil for 6 weeks. The first 2 weeks for some reason it created more anxiety and that puzzled them so we stopped it. Gabba works great, get my gut moving but causes too much hypoventaliation even from 250 mgs.

fufu said:
I've been taking Trouble's advice for almost 2 months now to fix my sleep and biological cycles.

I've been supplementing with theanine, gaba, taurine, magnesium citrate, melatonin, valerian root, and rhodiola rosea. Let me think...yes I think that is all of them. Well I've been using them daily and noticed some great results.

Sleep: The value of my sleep has rocketed. I used to have bouts of sleeplessness almost everynight. I would take atleast 30 minutes to fall asleep, sometimes and hour, sometimes 2 hours, sometimes more. I now can fall asleep in between 10-20 minutes. That is a huge improvement for me.

I used to wake several times a night feeling my mind racing and aware. When this happens(often it did), I'd have to lay in bed from somewhere between 1-3 hours before I could fall back asleep. Since I've been supplementing I have been progressively been waking less and less frequent; when I do wake, I can usually fall back to sleep no problem. I can now go 6-8 hours of sleeping without waking once - another great improvement. I also now require less sleep than I used to. I can fuction off of 8 1/2-10 hours when bfore I needed 9 1/2-11 hours.

I used to hate going to sleep because of all the inevitable interuptions and headaches, now I look forward to it. Needless to say, this really got rid of a ton of stress, which brings me to my next point.

Stress: Like I just said, fixing my sleep got rid of most my stress. Getting rid of the remainding stress is mostly a mental process, I am working on that. I don't think any supplement can fix some of this things going on in the mind. It takes work, but these supps certainly make it alot easier to handle.

Training: Training has been going great. It was beforehand, but it is definitely better now. I feel more aware and clearheaded during my morning workouts. I can have great workouts off of less sleep as well. I no longer fall victim to the chronic morning headache. It also would appear hypertrophy has been taking a faster boost than normal, I'm not sure of that though.

Conclusion: These substances work! Several aspects of my life have been getting better and better since I started them. Trouble suggested I spread the awareness, so here it is, be aware!

:eek: How much does all that cost you a month? Basically every symptom you described, I have to some extent. I have horrible sleep patterns and would be interseted in picking some of that stuff up.

FatCatMC said:
:eek: How much does all that cost you a month? Basically every symptom you described, I have to some extent. I have horrible sleep patterns and would be interseted in picking some of that stuff up.

Not expensive at all. About 70 dollars for the whole bunch. I used bulknutrition.com. I've only made one order and I have been using it for about 2 months now. Hardly an expense compared to what they do. I still have a good 3 weeks amount left too.

The only thing I went through faster was valerian root, which is available at walmart. I got my melatonin there too.

IML Gear Cream!
fufu said:
Not expensive at all. About 70 dollars for the whole bunch. I used bulknutrition.com. I've only made one order and I have been using it for about 2 months now. Hardly an expense compared to what they do. I still have a good 3 weeks amount left too.

The only thing I went through faster was valerian root, which is available at walmart. I got my melatonin there too.

Sweet I'll look into it. Thanks.

Not to rub it in your faces people, but a lot of times i get extremely tired just sitting still on the computer or watching tv. I mean, my diet is on spot, i get 8-9 hours of sleep the night before, i have great workout sessions and i'm pretty active. I just don't get why i get so tired when i'm not doing anything. Once i hit the bed, i fall asleep within 5 minutes.

hardasnails1973 said:
Since so many people have hidden blood/brain barrier issues what is better for getting across the blood brain barrier theanine,gaba,rhodiola rosea to increase serotonin/dopamine levels. There are people that claim rhodiola rosea is better then even samme for depression. Do each one of these operate through a different pathway.

The hypothalamus sits directly on the vascular system; there is no blood brain barrier to contend with. The effects on the HPA are effected directly through this sensor contact point. Rhodiola is a herbal extract that acts directly on excitatory receptors. S-adenysl methionone also helps regulate this excitatory action, but through a different route.

If you are methylation deficient (meaning you have a shortage of methyl groups from poor diet, or from intestinal absorption deficiency of the cofactors required for synthesis, then sam-e, which serves as one of several important methyl donors throughout the body, has a specific purpose; mood management is a side benefit. If you are methylation deficit, you need B6 (or its active form P5P), B12 (or its active form, methylcobalamin), folate, zinc, selenium and molybdenum. Undermethylators often suffer from excess iron and copper in their blood; selenium helps to reduce them, causing them to be less soluble and filtered out by the liver and kidneys for disposal.

You can also supplement with sam-e, TMG and NAC, all of which contribute to homocysteine conversion to glutathione and recycle methione through the B12 cycle back to the methylation pathway.

After several months of using sam-e, you can revert to use of less expensive L-methionine as a cost savings.

shiznit2169 said:
Not to rub it in your faces people, but a lot of times i get extremely tired just sitting still on the computer or watching tv. I mean, my diet is on spot, i get 8-9 hours of sleep the night before, i have great workout sessions and i'm pretty active. I just don't get why i get so tired when i'm not doing anything. Once i hit the bed, i fall asleep within 5 minutes.

It may have to do with when you get your sleep, not just how much you get.

If you delay sleep after 10 or 11pm, you will have delayed sleep phase syndrome. You short cut the first several phases of sleep, and this has an unfortunate effect on daytime cortisol and blood glucose control. It can shift high energy status from the early morning (normal) to the later afternoon or evening, which can aggravate the problem.

If this is not the case, it may be that you're bored when you're on the computer. With your busy schedule, it could be that you have poor stress repairs; computer-brain interaction appears to promote high energy brainwaves that are fueled by glucose and glutamine. When these energy sources are depleted rapidly, we feel tired and maybe a little anxious a well.

Without knowing more, I can only guess at the cause(s).

hey fufu, how's the stress/sleep going? still improving?

I have the exact same symptoms as you described. Trouble also recommend me take theanine, gaba, taurine and a few others I can't remember right now.

I used to hate going to sleep because of all the inevitable interuptions and headaches, now I look forward to it.

I hate that so much. I use to look forward to a good sleep, now it's like torture. :mad:

anyways, good luck with everything. :thumb:

Stress and sleep both took a huge hit since I got to college. I am finding my balance though.

You know what else helps doing some yard work at sundown or just watching a sunset your mind really knows that it's getting dark and you need to start sleeping... works for me often.

hey fufu, how's the stress/sleep going? still improving?

I have the exact same symptoms as you described. Trouble also recommend me take theanine, gaba, taurine and a few others I can't remember right now.

I used to hate going to sleep because of all the inevitable interuptions and headaches, now I look forward to it.

I hate that so much. I use to look forward to a good sleep, now it's like torture. :mad:

anyways, good luck with everything. :thumb:

After I take Valerian Root and Melatonin, I have no choice but to go to sleep. That stuff puts me right out...

IML Gear Cream!
You know what else helps doing some yard work at sundown or just watching a sunset your mind really knows that it's getting dark and you need to start sleeping... works for me often.

lawl, I'll go plant some flowers in the campus center.

No I won't.

Back