• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Is fish essential?

musclehead24

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is it essential to eat fish daily on a cutting diet or will fish oil be enough?

Neither fish or fish oils are essential. Sources of lean protein and healthy fats are essential and come in many forms. See Jodi's guide to cutting, bulking and maintenance. It is a sticky in this forum.

Fish oil is enough. You dont need to eat fish unless you like the taste. It taste like crap to me.

Not necessarily, though I think fish oil is one of the best supplements you can take. It is pretty cheap too.

CowPimp said:
Not necessarily, though I think fish oil is one of the best supplements you can take. It is pretty cheap too.

Thanks guys. I'll just bump up my fish oil intake.

How can you people not like fish? Oh man, I'd die if I couldn't have seafood :nanner: it's my favorite.

Jodi said:
How can you people not like fish? Oh man, I'd die if I couldn't have seafood :nanner: it's my favorite.

Agreed. Seafood owns. Sushi is probably my favorite food on the planet.

Jodi said:

:yes:

Well I wouldn't die, but I love seafood.

Fish is the healthiest of all meats........................

Semantic tangle here.

1. Fish oil isn't essential, but its the richest source of essential fatty acids. Essential is a term that means required in diet because your body doesn't synthesize the micronutrient.

2. Fish itself can be a healthy protein source - but, certain fish types that bioaccumulate environmental contaminants should be eaten somewhat sparingly.

Current recommendation is to choose wild caught over farm raised salmon, and to limit consumption to a few servings per week (fewer for pregnant and lactating females and young children). Many areas have fish consumption advisories for sport fish consumption, especially bottom feeders (tilapia and carp). Shellfish also have a propensity to bioaccumulate certain toxins - however, they have an unusual peroxidase activity that sequester heavy metals into the carapce of their shells; not the case with organic contaminants, however.

In your case, Jodi, I would be careful to curb seafood enthusiasm, due to its tendency to bioaccumulate methylmercury. Mercury accumulation has been tied to thyroid dysfunction - most likely because selenium is oxidized when it reduces mercury (causing it to be more easily excreted from the body); this reduces the active selenium in circulation. Oxidized selenium is rather bad chemical karma; one hopes that endogenous reducing equivalents are sufficient to recycle it to avoid adverse oxidizer effects on membrane lipids, nucleic acids and proteins.

CowPimp said:

yes

Back