Beer or Whiskey

Thread: Beer or Whiskey

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Beer or Whiskey

I got into a conversation with a fitness friend about alcohol today and how I miss whiskey LOL. He informed me that people get fat off of beer, but drinking hard liquior like whiskey or tequila is fine for you diet wise. Ummmmm......that's not correct is it?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Dehydration caused by alcohol would still occur whatever you drink i guess, which is also pretty damaging. Not to mention placing a load on your liver, kidneys etc.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole
    Dehydration caused by alcohol would still occur whatever you drink i guess, which is also pretty damaging. Not to mention placing a load on your liver, kidneys etc.
    I'm not talking about becoming and alcoholic LOL, a drink every now and then. Right now I'm on a no carb diet....does whiskey count as a carb?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco32
    Right now I'm on a no carb diet....does whiskey count as a carb?
    Wow. good luck bud. I tried the no-carb thing and was waking up to night sweats, irritability and low energy. I thought I had a disease or something for a while. Whiskey contains sugar I believe, and does count as a carb.

Rep Points

I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Rep Points

www.ironmaglabs.com

Rep Points

The winners are:

Whisky
    Gin
    Brandy
    Rum
    www.ironmaglabs.com

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Haha, very informative Foreman. Thanks. I copied the link and sent it too my friend. Guess I'm staying sober tonight

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by studen77
    Wow. good luck bud. I tried the no-carb thing and was waking up to night sweats, irritability and low energy. I thought I had a disease or something for a while. Whiskey contains sugar I believe, and does count as a carb.
    I actually feel better and I'm more energized on no carb diets. The only time I really feel crappy is during my carb up LOL. Thanks for your input in here!

Rep Points

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

god damn I love beer.

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Awesome Jodi!!! But it should still be a no-no for someone going no carb though correct?

Rep Points

For no carb it is fine but it's got an awful lot of empty calories and it halts fat burning.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

i love cutting

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    The winners are:

Whisky
    Gin
    Brandy
    Rum
    they didnt even bother to include vodka??

all i drink is vodka fresca, fresca having no sugar in it and from what i hear vodka is one of the "better" alcohols??

maybe someone has more information on this
    "When i was 15 years old, i took all of my clothes off and looked in the mirror. When i stared at myself naked, I realized that to be perfectly proportioned I would need 20 inch arms to match the rest of me." -Arnold

i love cutting

Rep Points

according to a website i just found
    per fl oz. vodka(smirnoff) has 19cals 0 carbs
    per fl oz. whiskey(JD's) has 79cals 0 carbs
    per fl oz. beer(budweiser) has 12cals 0.9g carbs

so if you have one drink of whiskey your baggin 80cals (plus your mix...unless you do it straight up) one bottle of beer is 12.2oz which means you are takin in 146.4 calories and 11g of carbs.

personally i can drink about 24 beer on a good night. And if im drining vodka maybe 20-22oz

if you do the math that means im having about 400cals a night from the vodka. if i were to drink 24 beer it would equal over 3500 calories.

this being said i only drink like this about once a month....or i try
    "When i was 15 years old, i took all of my clothes off and looked in the mirror. When i stared at myself naked, I realized that to be perfectly proportioned I would need 20 inch arms to match the rest of me." -Arnold

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Drink both. Beerskey.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vieope
    Drink both. Beerskey.
    Actually a boilermaker

And the winner is......
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc28.html

Ketel One and club for me!
    I hope that donkey doesn't have a heinie troll!

Rep Points

in your low carb diet are you trying to establish ketosis. in that case alcohol won't kick you out.

Rep Points

Yes, this is true. The liver can make ketones out of alcohol as sad as that seems

i love cutting

Rep Points

that is far from sad

Rep Points

No it is sad. It's not really promoting healthy lifestyle now is it?

"Hey I can drink and lose weight at the same time!"

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

if you're going to drink then you might as well drink what ever the hell you like, because none of it is really conducive to bodybuilding and dieting.

1 gram of alcohol is about 7.5 empty calories.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

i love cutting

Rep Points

this is true but i think for the common person that just wants to be "in good shape" alcohol is a part of life that you might not want to cut out.
    being 19 years old im not about to skip drinking with my friends because my bf isnt 8%. comes down to priorities, and for me
    were here for a good time, not a long time

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

If I am going to feel like shit in the morning its going to be because I drank something that I liked. Beer for me.....Corona!

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rmcfar
    this is true but i think for the common person that just wants to be "in good shape" alcohol is a part of life that you might not want to cut out.
    being 19 years old im not about to skip drinking with my friends because my bf isnt 8%. comes down to priorities, and for me
    were here for a good time, not a long time
    I agree, I drink a few beers every weekend.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What about a couple of cases every weekend.... Think that will be conterproductive?

Or maybe it is the couple of 26's of Crown on top of that, that is stalling my progress.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco32
    I got into a conversation with a fitness friend about alcohol today and how I miss whiskey LOL. He informed me that people get fat off of beer, but drinking hard liquior like whiskey or tequila is fine for you diet wise. Ummmmm......that's not correct is it?
    Alcohol lowers your testosterone levels. So how could either really be that good? I guess 1 shot of teq or 1 glass of beer once in a while won't hurt nothing. Remember Beer has Sugar in it. So if it's a beer make it Mich ultra.

Rep Points

But again like previously stated they all dehydrate you and affect your gains, I read somewhere that you should limit your drinking to like once a month

www.allthewhey.com
    Rob05