• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Newbie: Diet Reconstruction for Mass

strfrmscratch

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am needing to get opinions on current diet for adding lean mass. This is my first post on this site.
My history and Goals: I am 29 years old and have gotten serious finially about my apperance in the last year or so. I have always been a hardgainer until about two years ago when my weight went from a consistent 155 to 175. I am currently 165, 5'9" and 32" waist. (cannot see abs... yet). I am wanting to get to around 180, solid in the next two years or so. When I hit 175 I starved myself down to 160 and then relized that this was not healthy. Since then I have been doing a lot of research and this has been a very informative site. So here I am looking for much needed help.
My current Diet: 1.) I always start the day with a Whey protien shake and 50mg zink with multivitiman. 2.)Protien Bar for snack in the morning 3.)Beef Jerky for lunch 4.)Protien Bar for snack in afternoon 5.)Whatever wife cooks for dinner (She tries to help me by paying attention to Protiens and keeping saturated fats to a minimumn) And that is it for my diet with the exception of diet sodas and the 12-pak of lite beer on the weekend(a must... please don't take this away from me:)
My workout: I work out every other day unless I'm still sore. I have a Weider 4900 home gym(3 station) with Arm Press, Lat pull down, Butterfly, Ab station, Pull up assist, Dip assist, Leg press, and Leg extension. I currently start every workout with Ab station to failure (1 set), about 80lbs 8-rep. Then rotate arm press, Butterfly, and Pull up for the rest of the work out all until failure. Arm press is usually 200lbs (3 set), about 8-rep. Butterfly is 73lbs (3 set), about 4-rep. And pullup is aprox 20lb assist for 2 set at around 4 rep.
I think adding 2lbs of lean muscle a month is a conservitive goal? Can anyone help me with tips or constructive critizium to achive this goal. I feel like I must be doing something wrong since I see almost no muscle gain just a small frame getting leaner. I want Mass!!! Sorry about the book! Thanks

Please don't take offense to this but that diet is horrible.

Shakes and bars are making up the majority of your diet. What about some complex carbs, healthy fats, some decent veggies and fruits, as well as some alternative protein sources.

Please check the Sticky at the top of the page it is an invaluable resource with tons of info about diets for adding lean mass. Also check the Shopping list.

Do you know what the Total Cals and Macros are for a typical day?

IainDaniel:
Ok, it was kind of a demotavator at first when you slammed my diet... but I have taken your advice and tried to get some much better food in my diet. Let me know if you think I am starting to head in the right direction. Here is yesterdays diet:
6:30A Multivitiman, Flax Seed oil pill, Protien shake 2 scoops (46g protien)
8:30A Bowl of oatmeal
11:00A Protien bar, 8oz of lite yogurt
1:00P 2 natural PB w/ flax seed sandwiches, 1 bananna
4:00P around 3oz of cashews
6:00P 2 grilled cheese and bowl of Tomato Soup
9:00P Post-workout Protien Shake 2 scoops

I estimated grams Protien/Fat/Carbs to about 255/161/280

Is this starting to get warmer?? And don't get me wrong I appricate the advice.

Today My diet will be similar but with egg whites and chicken salad made w/ canola oil mayo for the 6:00P meal.
I also have no idea what macros or stickys are.

IainDaniel:
Ok, it was kind of a demotavator at first when you slammed my diet... but I have taken your advice and tried to get some much better food in my diet. Let me know if you think I am starting to head in the right direction. Here is yesterdays diet:
6:30A Multivitiman, Flax Seed oil pill, Protien shake 2 scoops (46g protien) How about throwing some oats in this and maybe some skim milk and cut down on the Protein Powder.

8:30A Bowl of oatmeal This isn't a complet meal.. Lacking Protein. Fats

11:00A Protien bar, 8oz of lite yogurt What Kind of Protein Bar. That is alot of Yogurt. Also Change to some kind of Probiotic Yogurt

1:00P 2 natural PB w/ flax seed sandwiches, 1 bananna Again not really a complete meal lacking protein... how much PB are you using?

4:00P around 3oz of cashews Not a complete meal. Cashews although taste great are not a great nut try changing to almonds

6:00P 2 grilled cheese and bowl of Tomato Soup Incomplete meal. Depending on your bodies likeliness to store Bodyfat you may want to watch the bread intake.

9:00P Post-workout Protien Shake 2 scoops What else is in this Shake? You might want one more meal after this before you go to bed

I estimated grams Protien/Fat/Carbs to about 255/161/280 Your Fat intake is extremely high. Ideally you wouldn't want your fat intake to exceed 30% of your daily calorie intake.

Is this starting to get warmer?? And don't get me wrong I appricate the advice.

Comments in Bold. Still lacking, read the sticky that I have attached below, it has some great advice about food choices. You need to be eating alot more Veggies and still lack in the amount of EFA's.

Here is some of the Sticky information it is located at the top of Diet and Nutrition Forum.
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=21113

Back