• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

4 hours...

r0dxx

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm on summer break, one more week until I go back to school...

Most people in this town, know me as a total diet freak, I count and weight everything to the single calorie, and gram or ounce. I'm very anal about everything, but I'm also one of the most ripped :D So I do feel my over analyzing things has its benefits, since I'm always soo regulated.

Anyways...the past two weeks or so I've been going out alot (NOT DRINKING) just out and about and I'm always running late for meals, like for example tonight at 8 i had 1 can tuna fish, 3/4 cup oats, and 1/8 cup of almonds, and some brocoli...then I was putzing around at my friends house meant to be home by 11 to have my next meal, and didn't get home til 12...

I had whey at 12, to make sure I got out of a catabolic state right away, since I was STARVING.

Does waiting 4 hours really have any effect on the body? My whole bodybuilding life I've always said to myself I have to eat every 3 HOURS OR LESS. Does anyone else go 4 hours on a regular basis? Most of my meals are 2.5-3 hours, but a few times a week lately I hit 4 :(

As you stated you are too anal. Live life enjoy it once in a while. Having a meal a little late isn't the end of the world.

As you stated you are too anal. Live life enjoy it once in a while. Having a meal a little late isn't the end of the world.

True words. Easier said than done though. I've become so accustomed to 2.5-3 hours after only about a year of practice that I get very uncomfortable when the third hour happens to pass for whatever reason.

^ same, but maybe next time look around your buddy's kitchen and see if there is anything decent. maybe ask for a glass of milk. so at that third hour your are getting some nutrients to hold you over for a bit longer. then you can ease your mind and continue to enjoy your stay over there.

Easier said then done...I live to be ripped! Anything that isn't productive to me looking my best is a no-no.

My question is does it make a big difference? Obviously its not the end of the world, I just want to know what kind of damage occurs.

for one meal of the day? I wouldn't worry about it.

Easier said then done...I live to be ripped! Anything that isn't productive to me looking my best is a no-no.
While it's admirable that you are so dedicated to your goals, it really is overkill. You can relax a little bit and still be ripped. I mean at what cost to your sanity does being at your best aesthetically come? You will make yourself mentally ill if you continue obsessing about timing your meals down to the minute. If you do that 80-90% of the time, there is definitely room for "slip ups" every now and again.

My question is does it make a big difference? Obviously its not the end of the world, I just want to know what kind of damage occurs.

NO. You will not lose a pound of muscle by the end of the day or something liek that, if that is what you're fearing.

Reading your post makes me wonder what the heck you'd do if you were traveling and packed just enough food for your expected travel time but were faced with very unexpected flight delays, and you're stuck on your plane, and all they have is diet soda, coffee, and bags of sunchips or banana muffins. And you're stuck on that plane for a good two hours and your three hour window comes and goes. What do you do? Do you freak out? Do you get all fidgety like the smokers do? Do you start to wonder if cannibalism really is that terrible a thing, because the fat guy sitting next to you is an excellent source of protein and you need it because you just GOT to get out of this catabolic state?

Sorry for the drama, but i hope you get the point. It's NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. Relax and enjoy your life. THere is no point looking so damn good if you spend your life not being able to enjoy it because you're worried about your next meal all the time.

Do you start to wonder if cannibalism really is that terrible a thing, because the fat guy sitting next to you is an excellent source of protein and you need it because you just GOT to get out of this catabolic state?
Nah, too fatty. I'd go for the muscular one instead. Leaner cut protein source because we need to worry about our fat intake too. :p

IML Gear Cream!
Nah, too fatty. I'd go for the muscular one instead. Leaner cut protein source because we need to worry about our fat intake too. :p

hey when you have to eat you can't be TOO picky. besides the fat will help slow the digestion and hold him over longer. :D

RODXX: I don't mean to make fun. I hope you can laugh along with us about this at least a little bit. It is just so over the top to worry to the extent that you seem to. I just intend to make you see how you can losen up a bit and still achieve and maintain your physique goals.

lol trust me i just got a good laugh!! :D

still would want to know if it doesnt make a difference, why does every bodybuilder in america eat every 2-3 hours?

I know for one I am hungry every 2-3 hours. The one thing I have learned over my years of training is I am not going to be on a stage preforming so I am not no where near anal about it. But being persistent is a big key to getting bigger and bigger. Why dont you just buy some beef jerky and keep it on hand in case you cant get ya some food. I wouldnt think it would make a huge difference, espeically if you make your other meals on time. Its really not that big of a deal imo.

Do you wake up every 2-3 hours at night to eat?

Why don't you see if it has a negative affect on you in a way that you don't desire, that is the only way to compare it.

Back