• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cutting by dropping 1000 calories per day, healthy ?

projectaero

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys i was just reading that there is 3500 calories in a pound of stored fat is that correct?

Now if i was to cut 1000 calories from my diet a day would i be fine do you think ?
That means 7000 a week which means i would lose 2 pounds per week and still eating 2500 calories p/d.

Now i know i shouldnt worry about figures like this and such but i do wanto see if this can work to its full extent with a clean diet and still do my muay thai twice a week and weight 3 times per week.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds in 3 months to get to my desired bodyweight to clean bulk from at 12%.
Im currently at 20%bf 5'10 176 pounds. So it works out i can lose that fat in roughly 3 months from now just from my diet.
Then on top of that muay thai 2-3 times per week and the gym twice a week so with that in consideration does that work out to be safe as i will be building muscle but performing cardio with a balanced diet.

Sorry if that sounds a tad confusing.
Thanks.

You'll lose alot of LBM cutting your cals so much.

well going by alot of posts / articles that 2lbs per week is fine to lose anything over that and the risk of lbm becomes high.
Remember i will be doing moderate intensity cardio (muay thai) for an hour twice a week and weight train 3x a week, so i will be building muscle aswell as losing fat.

well going by alot of posts / articles that 2lbs per week is fine to lose anything over that and the risk of lbm becomes high.
Remember i will be doing moderate intensity cardio (muay thai) for an hour twice a week and weight train 3x a week, so i will be building muscle aswell as losing fat.

Can you cite those posts? Losing 2 lbs a week is alot to most people. Unless you are obese, which you aren't, it probably isn't healthy.

I don't really see you putting on any muscle with that low of cals, highly unlikey IMO.

Because:
1000 cals cutting each day is alot
you're doing cardio twice a week
weight training 3 times

By looking at that you will most definitely lose muscle mass IMO.

Cutting is obsolete.

now i know this may sound like i am ignoring you guys (which i aint) but i was trying to figure it out before.

If i drop 7000 calories a week i will lose 2lbs per week with no activity correct?

If i work out 5x a week (gym and muay thai) i am burning alot of calories, so is that where the problem lies with losing muscle aswell...

So say i drop 5250 calories a week (1.5lbs per week) and do muay thai and Bodybuild that should equate to 2lbs per week roughly ? Is that right ?

now i know this may sound like i am ignoring you guys (which i aint) but i was trying to figure it out before.

If i drop 7000 calories a week i will lose 2lbs per week with no activity correct?

Probably

If i work out 5x a week (gym and muay thai) i am burning alot of calories, so is that where the problem lies with losing muscle aswell...

It just isn't the activity that will govern whether you lose muscle or not, diet is where it's at.

So say i drop 5250 calories a week (1.5lbs per week) and do muay thai and Bodybuild that should equate to 2lbs per week roughly ? Is that right ?

Not sure where you are getting your numbers from, maybe.

the figures came from:
7000 calories deficit = 2lbs lost.
so if i drop that to 5250 (1.5lbs x week) and burning 345 calories per workout so that totals to 1725 burned a week add that to the 5250 in my diet that works out close to 7000 calories a week.
does that make sense ?

Sure it makes sense. On paper.

Everyone is different and it looks as though you very well COULD lose LBM. Its a short period yes, but its still going to have some drawbacks such as losing muscle mass at the same time as bodyfat.

Doing the math and coming up with a program is one thing, actually trying it out and suffer through trial and error's demise is another. I am going through a cut and it sucks. Its working but only cuz I didnt give myself a time limit. In other words, what I put together on paper didnt work. Back to the drawing board.

You are assuming that your current diet is right at maintenance. It's not how many cals you cut, but how many cals you cut below maintenance.

Losing 1% of your total body weight a week is where you want to be...so if you currently weighed 200 pounds or more, then 2lbs a week wouldn't be too much. But at 176, 2lbs a week might be a little much, even at a higher BF%. But even at 1% of your total body weight you will still lose some muscle...Depending on HOW you cut those calories out. A properly planned/adhered to/well balanced diet will of course net you the greatest loss in fat while retaining as much LBM as possible.

When I cut the first thing I do is just make healthier eating choices and maybe cut the portions back a lil bit. Keep the meal frequency high, and add in cardio if necessary.

IML Gear Cream!
I think it depends 100% on genetics and you can't make up mathmatical equations to judge how much weight someone can lose based on bodyweight and bodyfat.

Your metabolism would freak on you and you'd have to drop your calories even further not long after you started this stupid idea.

Gentics, Metabolism, general health, your diet and how much you workout. There is no forumla to figure if this would work for you.

IMO, you are going to kill your metabolism if you cut it too low. Then as your metabolsim suffers so does your thyroid and then you are in starvation mode and you become catabolic and your body saves every ounce it gets for energy. So, ahhh...I guess I'm saying, no. Dumb Idea IMO.

You would be better off finding your maintenance, then cut back 200 cals from your diet and add cardio to create a deeper deficit. Then modify. Don't lose more than 2lbs per week or you are sacraficing LBM.

hey guys thanks for all the great responses,
I checked on bb.com to see how many calories i burn for kickboxing and weights it works out to be a total of 2276 per week so if i cut 500 calories a day from my diet it means it would mean i lose 1.6lbs from eating healthy and doing cardiovascular training. compared to 3lbs a week if i ate at 1000. So do you guys think that is a better approach for me to do.
Cheers

I think 500 cals per day is too much to start a cut. You are sacraficing your metabolism. You should start at 200 and then deduct a little every week to reach 2lbs per week. Your metabolism and thyroid is really not something to fuck with. Be smart and do it the right way.

Back