• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Trying To Find Balance

Pirate!

Gatekepper
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This is for Trouble, and I???d appreciate it if nobody else posts in this thread. I have a few concerns I???d like to address, but first I want to thank you for all the wonderful insight and advice you have me earlier this summer concerning various metabolic issues I thought I may have been having. It turned out that all my blood work showed good results; although not ideal in some areas.

I???ve been reading your posts and links concerning brainwaves, CNS over-stimulation, and many other issues.

Concerning the brain-waves, I believe I spend way too much time in Beta. I listen to heavy metal music for about 3-5 hours a day almost everyday. That is all I listen to in the gym. I???m almost always trying to think and do things as fast as I can to get as much done as possible. Of course, sometimes I find I can???t think as clearly like this. Occasionally, I try to take time to just sit and think about things to let the day???s information process, but I don???t do this for long as it feels like wasted time. Until recently, the idea of meditation was far from appealing to me. Generally, the only time I like my mind to slow down is when it???s time to sleep.

Sleep is a big issue for me. I realize the importance of getting adequate sleep according to a regular schedule, and I do my best to get this. I???ve had insomnia problems for almost 20 years. I tried all the over-the-counter stuff, and not of it was sufficient. For the past 3 years, I have taken xanax almost every night to help me sleep. I am well aware of how taboo this is, but it works. I only take it at night, and it is usually 1-2 mg (more often 2). I also take valium infrequently to deal with acute anxiety.

I believe I am over taxing my CNS through the gung ho approach I take on everything. Basically, trying to just kick-ass at everything all day then crash. Surprisingly, I seem to have a strong immune system. I don???t suffer from addictive symptoms, and I don???t use other drugs like alcohol.

Lately, I???ve incorporated a number of supplements, some at your suggestion. These include Sam-e, NAC, Rhodiola, Bacopa Monnieri, Ashwagnada and a whole slew of vitamins. I???m trying to balance cortisol, energy, well-being etc.

Sometimes, I have a real hard time concentrating because my mind is simply racing. At the same time, I???m obsessive about school and maintain a 3.9 GPA during this, my senior year. I take heavy course loads, I???m preparing to get married in January, and I???m striving to support my fiancee???s 5 year old bi-polar ADHD kid, whom I take care of (that can be very taxing).

I guess I???ve thrown a handful of unorganized stuff at you just now, but I think you get what I???m saying. I???m stressed, I???m an insomniac, and I need to make significant adjustments to my life-style habits to have more harmony and order in my life. I???m seriously lacking balance, and this seems to prevent me from making physical, spiritual, and emotional progress that I need. I???d appreciate any advice about meditation, balancing brain-wave states, getting my self in the right state of mind for specific tasks such as studying, and curing an overtaxed CNS. Thanks a billion!

Back