• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Soda can explosion

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

Neither, try again, its working now.

Works now.

That was awesome.

I unfortunately had to use my crappy camera, because I haven't figured out the new one just yet. It was pausing after 38MB of video, and its uncompressed AVI by default so that isn't very long @ 640x480-30FPS.

I unfortunately had to use my crappy camera, because I haven't figured out the new one just yet. It was pausing after 38MB of video, and its uncompressed AVI by default so that isn't very long @ 640x480-30FPS.

I didn't see the can after the explosion, how serrated was it? Aren't you worried about cutting your hand?

IML Gear Cream!
I cut both hands lightly, because they blow in the middle.

you're a sick bastard mudge, great job :thumb:

lets see you rip a yellow pages.

I will have to do the phone book thing again, just last night I was able to rip a thicker one than in the older clip above. However, I am not lightning quick at the thicker books.

There is a chick on YouTube ripping a thin phone book.

Whats in all those buckets of crap on the counter? - :hmmm:

(next time use a towel)

I didn't want to hide the can from view, by using a towel. Otherwise, there wouldn't be much point in making a clip that everyone is going to question. Unfortunately though it did explode onto my walls, and even my TV several feet away.

Buckets of crap are about 1/3 of the supplements that make their way into my mouth.

Cool. You should have did it outside so you wanted have to clean your kitchen afterwards.

Wow, is your liver OK?

Why do you ask? The supplements are for positive benefit, its not gasoline.

Cool. You should have did it outside so you wanted have to clean your kitchen afterwards.

That would have been a good idea, I haven't seen it done in long enough that I didn't know what a mess it would make. It does however take about 600# of force, so it makes sense that its going to spread out a bit.

IML Gear Cream!
Do you have any idea of the applied compressive force behind crushing (axial failure on a circular beam is the engineering equivalent) a full soda pop can, as you did? foot-lbs/square inch applied F? Do you use a twisting moment? It looked like it.

I know the bending moment and shear force in the telephone book stunt is pretty high; its a function of grip strength and correct technique.

Cool vids, Mudge.

Last edited:
Thats awesome dude, but was it worth the mess?

I think the real problem here is that Mudge actually has cans of soda.

:finger:

Sure, the mess was worth it, and it wasn't that bad to clean up (compared to the rest of the kitchen).

Its a bit unusual to see strongman feats on most strength training forums - an irony.

(yeah, an inintended pun)

That was awesome Mudge! I guess if you shake it long enough, you can use less strength.

I think the real problem here is that Mudge actually has cans of soda.

I bought them specifically for this 'stunt.'

Do you have any idea of the applied compressive force behind crushing (axial failure on a circular beam is the engineering equivalent) a full soda pop can, as you did? foot-lbs/square inch applied F? Do you use a twisting moment? It looked like it.

I know the bending moment and shear force in the telephone book stunt is pretty high; its a function of grip strength and correct technique.

A soda company says its around 600#.

No twisting motion, its just that both hands dont face the same way. If both hands face the same way, like a pec dec style movement, it would be nearly all chest and I'd probably hurt myself and not be able to complete the stunt either.

Cool!

Back