• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

New Routine Just Doesn't Seem to Work...

the_general64

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i normally pyramid.......adding five or ten pounds after each set. that seems to work though i move up in weight slowly. maybe every month or so. sometimes a little less or a little more. so i wanted to do something different. i tried
low reps/high reps.............i.e. push day.....heavy weight/low reps..next push day low weight/high reps.

varying the rest periods......i.e. push day 1min between sets..next push day 5 min.

my reps seemed to go down doing it this way.............if i was benching for 6 reps on a heavy day, on the next heavy day i was doing 5. should i stick with the pyramiding or just try something else?:confused:

If pyramidding is what works for you, stick with it. Why change what works for you?

A new routine will always seem hard at first....thats why it's so good .

A new routine will always seem hard at first....thats why it's so good .

but how long do i stay a routine until i realize it's not working for me............

i want to stick with the pyramiding but going up in weight every month seems like a long time.....i thought with a different routine my gains would come a little quicker..........

I like your avatar Gen.64.
If I'm not mistaken its Aries, from the DnD book of Dieties and demigods.

Lol I'm such a nerd.

whats your exact routine?

push day............4 sets flat bench...3 incline....3 flyes......3 weighted dips.....3 close grip bench.....4 military presses..

legs...........4 leg press.....4 hack squats....4 SLDL.....3 standing toe raises...3..sitting toe raises

pull day.........pull ups ....t-bar rows....a couple of hammer strenght machines i don't know the exact name of....

If your strength goes down again, or it stays where it is then you should unload. A decrease in performance, assuming it's not a fluke related to diet, sleep, neural drive that session, etc. is a sign of overreaching.

The More Important Thing Was Sets/reps/rest, Not Just Exercises

The More Important Thing Was Sets/reps/rest, Not Just Exercises

well i posted the sets............reps i usually start with a weight i can do 7 then add more weight...the next set i usually do 3-4...add weight and so on. i usually take 4-5 min between each set.

IML Gear Cream!
well i posted the sets............reps i usually start with a weight i can do 7 then add more weight...the next set i usually do 3-4...add weight and so on. i usually take 4-5 min between each set.

Do you go to failure?

definitly time to unload, dont train to failure all the time.

i train till failure most of the time after a few warmup sets ofcourse. i was stuck at 275bench foreever and i did an unlaod week and then the next week i maxed and put up 295 :)

OK I gotta ask the noob question :spaz:

Is an unload week different to a week off? :confused:

OK I gotta ask the noob question :spaz:

Is an unload week different to a week off? :confused:

An unload week is simply a week of training where volume, intensity, and generally frequency are reduced. As far as training goes, it is easier than a week where you are trying to stimulate adaptations. A week off is a form of unloading as well; there is no one way to unload.

Excellent....

Back