• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

very high blood pressure!please help me out.

atlas

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
very high blood pressure!please help me out TROUBLE.

hi!guys.i am 24 years.have been training for past 10 years.5'-4",86kg,13%bf.i trained naturally allthe years.but started my first cycle when i was sure that i can not make more improvements.now i will tell you how did it all started.3 years back i started dirty bulking i gained a lot but about a year back i had some heavyness in my head. i got my BP checked it was 160/100.i was very worried,at that time i was havin a lot of fat around 25%. i thought that it was due to my bodyfat and i started a cutting plan after 3 months and loosing around15kgs i.e.from a bodyweight of 93kg-78kg.i was satisfied.i never felt the symptoms in that period.but i made a mistake by not getting my BP checked again.after cutting up i went with another bulker but a clean one along with test -E@500mg/week.within a few weeks my head started to feel like it is going to burst.and there were also cramps in my legs.i got my BPchecked it was 200/130.i immedeately stopped my cycle i was in 6th weeh though.i am on atenolol50mg and nifedipine20mg, 2ED for my bp.one thing more i often feel indigestion.i want to continue bodybuilding .PLEASE HELP ME OUT!kindly specify any tests or blood work i will get them done.

Last edited:
Did you doctor run standard lab tests? Should have run the full gamut - liver, electrrolytes, adrenal and thyroid. Need to see those.

Ask your general physician to refer you to a gastroenterologist immediately. He should evaluate you for gastric reflux disease. However, I would also strongly urge you to have him evaluate you for Heliobacter pylori infection. He will most likely order a simple breath test, developed in recent years that is a reliable way to assess H pylori infections.

Print this post and the article out (link below), and take it with you. Tell him that I suspect a three way correlation between unusual bile acid stoichiometry, use of tight binding steroids that altered cholesterol metabolism and raised LDL and VLDL significantly, and that I suspect you have strong potential for a concurrent H pylori infection. He can verify your liver lipid chemisty abnormalities from the lab tests (you should make sure they are forwarded to him from your general practitioners office).

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/323/7307/264

After you are evaluated, return here. Let us know of the diagnosis.

one thing i forgot to ask since i was on 500mg test-e and it is just 7 days back when i took my last shot i.e. on 25-8-2006.would it be wise to go for the tests now since a lot of test is still in my system.and wont it give out false results in my tests like the liver and electrolytes?
if i should wait then for how much duration?also i intend to do PCT of 20mg nolvadex and 100mg clomid starting on 8-9-2006 can they cause any problem to my BP ?today under medication my BP is 140/90 .

Last edited:
Can't use clomid, it causes blood pressure problems too.

Go to the Anabolics section, read up on numerous threads that ask about Test-E cycle PCT. I would ignore the comments made on it not being required. You're a classic example of steroid side effect dominated response to steroids use. You need to evaluate carefully pct use.

Yes, you need several weeks to a month or more, minimum, to clear these compounds from your system.

You still need to go see a GE; given your excessive BP response to steroids, there is a good chance that its more than one agent causing these spikes, beyond the anabolic agent. The mechanism for H. pylori excerbation of BP jumps is unknown. Most likely, the bug produces a compound that interacts with specific cell surface receptors that feeds back to autonomic control of BP. Bile acid irregularities is either (a) inherited, (b) lifestyle / diet induced or (c) drug induced. I think you had this condition (eg., liver lipid anomolies) before you started cycling.

Key indicator terms you used:
age (24-3) = way too young to be using
high % BF - indicative of abnormal liver lipid metabolism (pre-existing)
dirty bulking - induces liver lipid anomolies (including abnormal bile acids)
indigestion - indicative of bile acid anomolies
nifedipine - a compound which influences glutathione assoc bile acid excretion
camps in legs - magnesium, taurine, calcium, potassium ion abnormalities
excessive blood pressure spiking under reasonable test loading

You must be frank with your physician about your use of test, and your previous dietary habits pre and post cycle. He needs to know about it, as does your GE. It will take you a month or more to get an appointment for tests anyway (I know a hospital services admin in the UK, I'm going on his comments of patient access).

Does this make sense to you? I can't make any other recommendations until you have lab tests and are seen by your GP again.

hi! i have got my standard tests done.here i am giving the results which showed deviation :alanine aminotransferase(SGPT)- 83,RBC- 6.36,haematocrit- 56.9,R.B.C dist width-15.3%,platelets-142,mean platelet volume-11.5,ldl cholesterol-140.rest of the tests are in there right values.Nowdays my B.P.is 130/90 but sometimes it shoots up to 150/100.And nor i am having any gastric problems.kindly give your suggertions regarding my B.P. as i want to start a cycle as soon as i am able to get through my problem of getting high B.P.

Need the LDL cholesterol ratio. LDL is high, and its primarily responsible for elevated blood pressure (and spiking).

Looks like you still have imparied liver function from your repeated AAS use, most likely kick-started by that dirty cycle. Maybe have a family tendency towards this problem.

here is my complete profile-
CREATININE-1.2
URIC ACID-4.9
TOTAL PROTIEN-8
ALBUMIN-4.8
GLOBULIN-3.2
ALBUMIN/GLOBULIN RATIO-1.5
CHOLESTROL-197
CHOLESTROL HDL-44
CHOLESTROL LDL-140
TRIGLYCERIDES-66
CHOL/HDL RATIO-4.5
LDL/HDL RATIO-3.2
VLDL-13.2
TOTAL BILIRUBIN-0.95
BILIRUBIN,DIRECT-0.10
BILIRUBIN,INDIRECT-0.85
ALANINE AMINOTRANSFERASE(SGPT)-83
ASPARATE AMINOTRANSFERASE(SGOT)-33
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE-89
GLUCOSE PP-88
CALCIUM(TOTAL)-9.6
WBC-5.6
RBC-6.36
HAEMOGLOBIN-17.9
HAEMATOCRIT-56.9
MEAN CORPUSCULAR VOL-89.4
MEAN CORPUSCULAR HGB-28.2
MEAN CORPUSCULAR HGB. CON-31.6
R.B.C. DIST WIDTH-15.3
PLATELETS-142
MEAN PLATELETS VOLUME-11.5
ESGMENTED NEUTROPHILS-57
LYMPHOCYTES-38
EOSINOPHILS-4
BASOPHILS-0
MONOCYTES-1
ERYTHROCYTE SEDIMENTATION RATE-7
GLUCOSE FASTING-97
BUN-13
SODIUM-138
POTASSIUM-4.4
CHLORIDE-96
MAGNESIUM-1.9
YESTERDAY MY BP WAS 100/150.I HAVENT DONE A LOT OF STEROIDS IT WAS MY FIRST CYCLE.ONE THING MORE TWO YEARS BACK AFTER DOING MY BACK WORKOUT I RESTED FOR A WHILE AND WHEN I GOT UP FROM MY BED AFTER AN HOUR I WAS NOT ABLE TO KEEP MY BALANCE WHEN I TRIED TO WALK THIS SITUATION LASTED FOR TWO DAYS AND I WAS FINE ON THE NEXT DAY.KINDLY HELP ME OUT OF THIS PROBLEM .TELL IF ANY MORE TESTS ARE REQUIRED

even if i am having a family tedency towards this problem how should i proceed with steroids on high BP ,what medications,precautions shoud i take so that i can proceed with Body Building

even if i am having a family tedency towards this problem how should i proceed with steroids on high BP ,what medications,precautions shoud i take so that i can proceed with Body Building

Simple, you can't. Unless you don't care about your health and the problems you will have. Believe me, if you ignore this and take steriods, there will be a time you will regret it.

Simple, you can't. Unless you don't care about your health and the problems you will have. Believe me, if you ignore this and take steriods, there will be a time you will regret it.

Agreed. From your levels your body obviously doesn't like what you are doing to it. If you continue to abuse it then you're going to have to deal with more severe issues. Get off of the drugs - you can bodybuild without them just fine. If you don't the only person you have to blame for your severe health issues is you.

IML Gear Cream!

Simply proceed naturally, otherwise you are probably going to nuke your organs with huge BP numbers. If you are already high genetically, then you are already having to be going to take supplements and such to get those numbers down somewhat, in a healthy manner. Trying to add steroids to that mix and still keep BP down is going to be a tripple whammy of a death wish, IMO.

For 10 years I was having trouble with high blood pressure and am supposed to be taking blood pressure meds. When I take deca and or test, it would shoot up dangerously high. I quit drinking soda, and all other drinks made with genetically altered citric acid. 2 months and Now I can shoot both at higher levels and the blood pressure is fine. A nutritionist told me drinking all that acid was forcing my colesterol level up in order to protect my arteries from being dissolved. My ph went from 6 to just over 7 in less than a week. If you drink more gator aid and citric acid type drinks than you are getting calcium, than your blood pressure can do nothing but go up. Real orange juice, not from concentrate, has calcium in it and has natural citric acid. It should be the only thing you intake with citric acid. I drink Indian river or Simply orange.
The elimination of soda will help with acid reflux as well. Not cure it, but help.

:confused: so there is no way out.:suicide:
END OF THE SHOW
all that hard work ...........it sucks.

here is my complete profile-
HAEMOGLOBIN-17.9
HAEMATOCRIT-56.9

Totally off topic but by your hemoglobin and hct it looks like you may have polycythemia vera! http://www.aafp.org/afp/20040501/2139.html

It may also be falsely high due to hemoconcentration if your were fasting (did not eat or drink for more than 8 hours). Did your GP say anything?

PV should be suspected when ..... hematocrit level greater than 52 percent (0.52) in white men and 47 percent (0.47) in blacks and women).

Interesting is that high hematocrits is associated with high blood pressure and other cardiovascular risk http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BJI/is_14_30/ai_65195783

Back