Fantasy Football

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 118
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Doublebase's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    8,299
    Rep Points
    83671955

    Fantasy Football

    I got the 7th pick in my 10 person draft. Who the hell do I pick first? I'm feeling Tiki Barber but I don't know. Its a tough pick. Who would you take? Discuss.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    18,563
    Rep Points
    66150743

    Tiki is a decent pick.

  3. #3
    Señor Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    MCx2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    7,870
    Rep Points
    37022201

    I'd be suprised if he made it to the 7th pick, of course Brian Westbrook made it back around to the 24th in one of my leagues....

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Doublebase's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    8,299
    Rep Points
    83671955

    Quote Originally Posted by FatCatMC View Post
    I'd be suprised if he made it to the 7th pick, of course Brian Westbrook made it back around to the 24th in one of my leagues....
    I will take Tiki if he's there. If he is not then who do you guys think? Larry Johnson, L.T, Shaun A., Peyton will all be gone.

  5. #5
    On a Mission!
    ELITE MEMBER
    boilermaker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,285
    Rep Points
    2173094

    Quote Originally Posted by Doublebase View Post
    I will take Tiki if he's there. If he is not then who do you guys think? Larry Johnson, L.T, Shaun A., Peyton will all be gone.
    Those guys should all be gone before Manning or Barber. So, any of them would be great. Those three all score a ton of TD's and LT racks up a lot of receiving yards. Eli will be trying to live up to his brother's lofty status and will chuck a lot more td's if he has the chance, rather than letting Barber run it in the red zone.

    Just my opinions.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Doublebase's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    8,299
    Rep Points
    83671955

    Well Tiki got picked right before me. My team looks something like this, minus the back-ups:
    RB
    Rudi Johnson
    Lamont Jordan

    QB
    Eli Manning
    Daunte Culpepper

    WR
    Chris Chambers
    Joey Galloway

    TE
    Alge Crumpler

    Kicker
    KC kicker

    Defense
    Ravens

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Goodfella9783's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Points
    2716110

    Yeah Tiki went early on in my draft too. I got last pick of course. Not bad because I get 2 consecutive picks so I took Peyton & Rudi Johnson. I wanted LT, Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson because I've never had a RB as good as them in any of my leagues ever. I always get Tiki but he never had a real productive year before last. How is the scoring in your league set up? Is it for Money??

  8. #8
    On a Mission!
    ELITE MEMBER
    boilermaker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,285
    Rep Points
    2173094

    Rudi should get alot of scores and yards in that offense. Plus, Doublebase got a nice QB-WR connection with Culpepper and Chambers.

  9. #9
    On a Mission!
    ELITE MEMBER
    boilermaker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,285
    Rep Points
    2173094

    I just completely LOATHE Eli Manning because he and daddy screwed with the integrity of the NFL Draft. Daddy's Boy!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Doublebase's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    8,299
    Rep Points
    83671955

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfella9783 View Post
    Yeah Tiki went early on in my draft too. I got last pick of course. Not bad because I get 2 consecutive picks so I took Peyton & Rudi Johnson. I wanted LT, Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson because I've never had a RB as good as them in any of my leagues ever. I always get Tiki but he never had a real productive year before last. How is the scoring in your league set up? Is it for Money??
    Wow you got Peyton and Rudi at last pick. How big is your league? You must of have some WR go early. This is my first year participating in FF. I believe the scoring is a point every 10 yards. Yes we all put 100$ in.

  11. #11
    Your Enemy!
    Dub guy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Endzone!
    Posts
    123
    Rep Points
    -415134

    Quote Originally Posted by Doublebase View Post
    Wow you got Peyton and Rudi at last pick. How big is your league? You must of have some WR go early. This is my first year participating in FF. I believe the scoring is a point every 10 yards. Yes we all put 100$ in.
    By the looks of the picks....thats a pretty rookie league.....I am in 6 leagues Peyton Manning is always gone in the first 3 picks along with Larry Johnson Shaun Alexander and LT.

    At 7th pick I would have been gunning for Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Edgerine James, Chad Johnson Steve Smith , Randy Moss or T.O

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Goodfella9783's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Points
    2716110

    Quote Originally Posted by Doublebase View Post
    Wow you got Peyton and Rudi at last pick. How big is your league? You must of have some WR go early. This is my first year participating in FF. I believe the scoring is a point every 10 yards. Yes we all put 100$ in.
    10 People. I think Steve Smith was the only WR that went in the first round.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Goodfella9783's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Points
    2716110

    Quote Originally Posted by Dub guy View Post
    By the looks of the picks....thats a pretty rookie league.....I am in 6 leagues Peyton Manning is always gone in the first 3 picks along with Larry Johnson Shaun Alexander and LT.

    At 7th pick I would have been gunning for Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Edgerine James, Chad Johnson Steve Smith , Randy Moss or T.O
    Not rookie at all son. Been in the same league for seven years. Randy Moss at 7th? Did you watch football last year? Now he's got Aaron Brooks throwing . And I'd never pick TO unless it was after like the 4th or 5th round. Dude is completely unpredictable. Look at the shit he has already pulled in the preseason. Running back always first. Golden rule. Peyton is one acception.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Goodfella9783's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Points
    2716110

    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    Rudi should get alot of scores and yards in that offense. Plus, Doublebase got a nice QB-WR connection with Culpepper and Chambers.
    Yeah definately. I wanted a running back first round and since I was low in the order I had to take him. Never know when Carson's knee might fail (knock on wood) and they might rely more on the Running game too. I'd like to see Culpepper make a nice comeback this year. And this is coming from a Pats fan. Any hookup between the two will be nice points.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Doublebase's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    8,299
    Rep Points
    83671955

    Quote Originally Posted by Dub guy View Post
    By the looks of the picks....thats a pretty rookie league.....I am in 6 leagues Peyton Manning is always gone in the first 3 picks along with Larry Johnson Shaun Alexander and LT.

    At 7th pick I would have been gunning for Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Edgerine James, Chad Johnson Steve Smith , Randy Moss or T.O
    You would advise a QB first round othen then Peyton? That is bad advice. You always go for a RB first, minus peyton. 6 leagues, jeasus.

  16. #16
    Your Enemy!
    Dub guy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Endzone!
    Posts
    123
    Rep Points
    -415134

    I have used many draft methods...and have won quite a few fantasy football leagues. QB always yeild high numbers so I always draft a good QB first and then go with RBs. If you can get a standout WR its not a bad choice.

    To say Randy Moss or T.O are bad picks is stupid......they are great WR that when playing on the money have great fantasy value.

    The picking running back strategy is widely used.....but i think it can be over rated too. there are many players at many position that can bring great fantasy value. One great player wont get you a win ....it the sum of all your players that will yeild wins. if you draft crappy at rounds 5-9....you can be dead in the water even if you had Larry Johnson and Peyton Manning playing in top form.

  17. #17
    Señor Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    MCx2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    7,870
    Rep Points
    37022201

    Taking a QB first is horrible advice. I waited until the 6th round to grab a QB. Your best bet is taking RB's that get thrown to alot (at least in leagues where receptions are rewarded.) and wide recievers. I took running backs all the way through the 4th round. Of course the biggest thing to think about is each player's bye week. You don't want to have to scramble to find a backup on week 3 when LaDanian Tomlinson is on his bye week.

  18. #18
    Your Enemy!
    Dub guy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Endzone!
    Posts
    123
    Rep Points
    -415134

    you must have got a pretty ho hum QB then......each to their own....I go with what wins...not what just plays. Makes for better earnings.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Doublebase's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    8,299
    Rep Points
    83671955

    Quote Originally Posted by FatCatMC View Post
    Taking a QB first is horrible advice. I waited until the 6th round to grab a QB. Your best bet is taking RB's that get thrown to alot (at least in leagues where receptions are rewarded.) and wide recievers. I took running backs all the way through the 4th round. Of course the biggest thing to think about is each player's bye week. You don't want to have to scramble to find a backup on week 3 when LaDanian Tomlinson is on his bye week.
    The WR were pretty deep this year. RB's ran thin quick. Picking a QB around 5 or 6 is not bad at all. I think I got Culpepper in the 7th. I snagged Eli in the 4th. I just have a feeling he is going to do really well this year.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Goodfella9783's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Points
    2716110

    Quote Originally Posted by Dub guy View Post
    I have used many draft methods...and have won quite a few fantasy football leagues. QB always yeild high numbers so I always draft a good QB first and then go with RBs. If you can get a standout WR its not a bad choice.

    To say Randy Moss or T.O are bad picks is stupid......they are great WR that when playing on the money have great fantasy value.

    The picking running back strategy is widely used.....but i think it can be over rated too. there are many players at many position that can bring great fantasy value. One great player wont get you a win ....it the sum of all your players that will yeild wins. if you draft crappy at rounds 5-9....you can be dead in the water even if you had Larry Johnson and Peyton Manning playing in top form.
    At 7th pick in the first round. Very stupid. Never know when TO will pull some shit like he did in Philly or SF. Moss was extremely unproductive last year and got hurt on more than one occasion.

    There's probably 8 or 9 RB's I'd want in the first round and if I couldnt get one of them I'd go for Peyton. And I'd pick Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith & maybe Torry Holt before going for TO or Moss when i get to WR's.

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Goodfella9783's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Points
    2716110

    Everyone post your teams. Doublebase post your backups if you have any. I'll post mine in a little.

  22. #22
    I like money
    fletcher6490's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    15932854

    I play in a keeper league with 16 teams. Every year we have the same owners unless someone wants to finally quit or get kicked out which doesn't happen very often. I guess you could say it's kinda big money, the superbowl champ got around 2k last year, along with other people who made the playoffs making a little money.

    Anyway, whe had the draft 2 fridays ago and my team isn't looking all that great. I made a few trades last year for a lot of my picks this year...it worked cause it got me in the playoffs but i was hurting this year. Like I said before, it is a keeper league so you can keep 2 players from your previous team as long as they are a rb, wr or qb. I had Portis, Westbrook and F. Gore and I decided to keep Portis and Gore. Here is how my draft went



    QB - Leftwich
    Rb - Portis
    Rb - Gore
    Rb - Henry
    Rb - L. Betts
    Wr - A. Johnson
    Wr - P. burress
    Wr - Arnez Battle
    Te- H. Miller
    K - J. Kasey

    And some other scrubs I can't remember. I thought I had a decent draft considering I didn't have a first round pick and didn't have a 4th or 5th. A few guys had 3 first rounders along with 5 or 6 other picks in the first 3 rounds.

    So i've already made a few trades this season, one was A. Johnson for a 3rd next year, T.J. Housh and T.J. Duckett. Then I traded Housh for a 4th next year and Roddy White, Santonio Holmes and Maurice Hicks (F. Gores Backup). Then I traded T. Henry away for a 3rd next year and Keyshawn Johnson.

    So now I have 2 3rd round picks and a 4th next year which i'm happy about but I did lose a couple good players.

    My team now is this...




    I'm not sure what to do about portis because my roster has to be in an hour before the kickoff of the first game and they haven't said if he was gonna start yet. So do I keep Duckett and Betts in or do I keep Portis and Duckett or Portis and R. white. Shit...
    I drive a big truck

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Goodfella9783's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Points
    2716110

    League 1:

    QB - Tom Brady
    QB - Drew Bledsoe
    RB - Reggie Bush
    RB - Willis McGahee
    WR - TJ Houshmenzadeh
    WR - Chris Chambers
    WR - Jevon Walker
    TE - Todd heap
    K - Stephen Gostowski
    K - Jeff Reed
    DEF - Cincinnati
    DEF - Dallas

    Backups - Mark Brunell, DeShaun Foster, Laurence Maroney & Terry Glenn

    League 2:

    QB - Peyton Manning
    QB - Jake Delhomme
    RB - Rudi Johnson
    RB - Brian Westbrook
    WR - Joey Galloway
    WR - Lee Evans
    WR - Keenan McCardell
    TE - Algae Crumpler
    K - Sebastian Janikowski
    DEF - Carolina

    Backups - Warrick Dunn, Thomas Jones, Vince Young, Joe Jurevicious, Laurence Maroney & Antonio Bryant

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Goodfella9783's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Points
    2716110

    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher6490 View Post

    I'm not sure what to do about portis because my roster has to be in an hour before the kickoff of the first game and they haven't said if he was gonna start yet. So do I keep Duckett and Betts in or do I keep Portis and Duckett or Portis and R. white. Shit...
    You're good. You still got over three days I'm sure they'll make a call by Saturday night being that it's week 1. I can't stand "Questionable."

  25. #25
    I like money
    fletcher6490's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Points
    15932854

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfella9783 View Post
    You're good. You still got over three days I'm sure they'll make a call by Saturday night being that it's week 1. I can't stand "Questionable."
    No, I only have till tommorow. I have to put my team together an hour before the first game of the week, which is thurs night.
    I drive a big truck

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    bigss75's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,136
    Rep Points
    5713156

    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    I just completely LOATHE Eli Manning because he and daddy screwed with the integrity of the NFL Draft. Daddy's Boy!!!!!!
    You must of forgot John Elway and what he did to get out of going to the browns.

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Doublebase's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    8,299
    Rep Points
    83671955

    QB
    E Manning
    D Culpepper

    RB
    L Jordan RB
    R Johnson RB
    C Buckhalter RB
    D Rhodes RB
    T Bell RB

    WR
    C Chambers A WR
    D Givens A WR
    J Galloway A WR
    E Moulds RS WR
    I Bruce RS WR
    M Clayton RS WR

    TE
    A Crumpler TE
    C Baker TE

    K
    L Tynes K

    DST
    D Ravens

    We should start an I-M fantasy league next year if we are all still around.

  28. #28
    Señor Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    MCx2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    7,870
    Rep Points
    37022201

    Starting Lineup:
    QB - Trent Green
    RB - LT
    RB - Brian Westbrook
    WR/RB - Reuben Droughns
    WR - TJ Houshmanzada
    WR - Laverneus Coles
    TE - Ben Watson
    K - Lawrence Tynes
    Def - Philly

    Backups:
    QB - Brett Farve
    QB - Kerry Collins
    WR - Matt Jones
    WR - Derrick Mason
    K - Jeff Reed
    Def - Seattle

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Goodfella9783's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Points
    2716110

    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher6490 View Post
    No, I only have till tommorow. I have to put my team together an hour before the first game of the week, which is thurs night.
    Oh yeah forgot about tonight.

  30. #30
    On a Mission!
    ELITE MEMBER
    boilermaker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,285
    Rep Points
    2173094

    Quote Originally Posted by bigss75 View Post
    You must of forgot John Elway and what he did to get out of going to the browns.
    I didn't forget. I was too young to care then, but it bothers me now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fantasy Football
    By RAWS n More in forum Sports
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 08:11 PM
  2. I.M. Fantasy Football '07
    By the nut in forum Sports
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 12:44 PM
  3. Fantasy football help
    By ALBOB in forum Sports
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 07:16 AM
  4. Fantasy Football???
    By ALBOB in forum Sports
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-24-2002, 02:50 PM
  5. fantasy football
    By I Are Baboon in forum Sports
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-28-2001, 08:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->