• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Pelvis

Most of that is genetic, core work might help or at least keep it from getting worse. Also keep in mind good posture at all times

In general, glutes/hammies/abs need to get stronger, psoas/quads/erector spinae are tight and need to be stretched. Without looking at you, I wouldn't tell you to do anything, though.

Weak abs can lead to the lumbar pulling in. For the life of my I can't remember the name of this condition. Basically, if your abs are not sufficiently supporting your upper body, then the lumbar will pull forward in an attempt to fill the lack of support, causing an anterior pelvic tilt.

Is this why I can't squat? And why I have knee pain ( I got an x-ray on knee, but doctor said nothings wrong)

thanks for the input, really appreciate it

Couldn't tell you without seeing you do specific movements in person. It certainly doesn't help, though, and probably contributes to the problem.

So for the abs, I already started doing stability exercises like planks, bird dogs, glute bridges, that enough?

Work oh what P-funk gave you, that should help.

alright thanks, I thought the bad posture might have been from other weak/tight muscles, but its the same as why I can't squat and P-funk already helped me out with that.

IML Gear Cream!
Weak abs can lead to the lumbar pulling in. For the life of my I can't remember the name of this condition. Basically, if your abs are not sufficiently supporting your upper body, then the lumbar will pull forward in an attempt to fill the lack of support, causing an anterior pelvic tilt.

That is a swayback posture, which is basically an anteriorly tilted pelvis with exaggerated lumbar lordosis. This is often accompanied by kyphosis and a forward head posture.

Generally, an anteriorly tilted pelvis is the result of one or more tight and/or overactive muscles from the following hip flexors, the tensor fascia latae (Which is a hip flexor, but is particularly notorius for being overactive and tight), erector spinae, and lats (They originate from the thoracolumbar fascia and subsequently connects at various vertebrae in the lumbar and thoracic spine as well as the sacrum).

Also, the glutes and hammies are weak as well as the abs and most likely other intrinsic core stabilizing musculature as well. Sometimes it is one of the muscles, or sometimes all of them.

You must not also forget the effect that various points on the kinetic chain can have on other parts of the body. You have to try to help correct all the weakness so some don't "re-breed" the others. Something as simple as being really tight in the ankles can cause improper motor patterns when walking, sitting, standing, etc. This will lead to ill-recruitment of various musculature which could cause one problem that causes another and so on until the entirety of your spinal curve is fucked.

That is a swayback posture, which is basically an anteriorly tilted pelvis with exaggerated lumbar lordosis. This is often accompanied by kyphosis and a forward head posture.

Yes, I was looking for "lumbar lordosis." Thanks.

You and Trouble should have a child. He'd take over the world.

The only difference is that she actually knows what she's talking about. I'm just good at pretending I do.

Or she. ;)

I agree with dale. it is correctable but you need the right program and the right person to administer it. from the internet we can only do so much.

Is this a lordotic curve?

EDIT

cp beat me to it DAMMIT. so CLOSE. I wanna sound smart TOO.

I have a client with a serious lordotic curve, and I would like to help her....she is, however, VERY limber. But if she say tries to do a crunch, her abs can't really pull her off the ground in a crunching fashion...she almost has to jerk. Like her abs are too weak and the musculature in her back is too tight??

What are your thoughts dale and CP and funk??

If there are any kind of stretch tests or something I could have her do and maybe get back to you with the results?

I have a client with a serious lordotic curve, and I would like to help her....she is, however, VERY limber. But if she say tries to do a crunch, her abs can't really pull her off the ground in a crunching fashion...she almost has to jerk. Like her abs are too weak and the musculature in her back is too tight??

What are your thoughts dale and CP and funk??

If there are any kind of stretch tests or something I could have her do and maybe get back to you with the results?

yes, sounds like her abs are weak as shit (the abs help to posteriorly tilt the pelvis) and her erectors are very tight (and probably her he hip flexors). Her glutes are probably weak (as they also posteriorly tilt the pelvis). All just guess without seeing her though.

the way i think about it is that an anteriorly tilted pelvis is a product of tight spinal extensors/hip flexors and weak spinal flexors/hip extensors.

IML Gear Cream!
my body is so fucked up, is this common in 15 year olds?
If I never starded lifting would I still have these problems?

When i was in highscool my football team went through a lot of people who had never played sports before. Off season we trained together, and while people were weak i dont recall anyone who couldnt even do a body weight squat. Or various squating based drills/exercises for that matter. Maybe 45-50different people over the years?

Maybe youre special :confused:

When i was in highscool my football team went through a lot of people who had never played sports before. Off season we trained together, and while people were weak i dont recall anyone who couldnt even do a body weight squat. Or various squating based drills/exercises for that matter. Maybe 45-50different people over the years?

Maybe youre special :confused:

:mad: lol

your bodies is not fucked up from lifting....it is fucked up because you never did anything. honeslty, looking at your squat videos, I have to ask myself, did you ever go outside and play as a child? Like, go out and play ball or run around and play tag or something? it just looks like you have no motor control what so ever.

your bodies is not fucked up from lifting....it is fucked up because you never did anything. honeslty, looking at your squat videos, I have to ask myself, did you ever go outside and play as a child? Like, go out and play ball or run around and play tag or something? it just looks like you have no motor control what so ever.

Yes, I was on a basketball team since I was about 8 years old till about 13, after that I started playing basketball almost everyday for long hours. All of a sudden at the end of the last year, my knees started getting fucked up, I have no idea why, but yes I was always the slowest kid, I seriously can only jump like an inch from the floor.

Definitly when I get older and get a job, Ill get a PT just to get these problems fixed, and than start training like a normal person. But right now there is no way I can get a professional to see me.

Yes, I was on a basketball team since I was about 8 years old till about 13, after that I started playing basketball almost everyday for long hours. All of a sudden at the end of the last year, my knees started getting fucked up, I have no idea why, but yes I was always the slowest kid, I seriously can only jump like an inch from the floor.

so you played basketball for a team that you didn't have to try out for? You weren't very athletic at all.

Your knees PROBABLY hurt from flexibility/mobility issues.

you need to work on stretching and then get outside and do some athletic things. move around!!

You should get a paper route. I'm not joking. It would be the best thing for you. I agree with P, you need to move around, and not just on your three training days, everyday. And when you get money from your paper route go buy a cheap bike and ride that everywhere. :)

so you played basketball for a team that you didn't have to try out for? You weren't very athletic at all.

Your knees PROBABLY hurt from flexibility/mobility issues.

you need to work on stretching and then get outside and do some athletic things. move around!!

Yea I didnt have to try out, because it was a church team lol, and yea I am definitly not athletic.

Do you know any other 15 year olds like this?
If I was not overweight, would i still have these problems?

Any sports now just hurt my knees, and ankles now, and this causes me not even to hustle or run. But this is because I am overweight, so I got to lose weight first, and then I can start playing sports again.

Yea I didnt have to try out, because it was a church team lol, and yea I am definitly not athletic.

Do you know any other 15 year olds like this?
If I was not overweight, would i still have these problems?

Any sports now just hurt my knees, and ankles now, and this causes me not even to hustle or run. But this is because I am overweight, so I got to lose weight first, and then I can start playing sports again.

yea, i know 15yr olds like you. i train some of them in the gym. ;)

yes, you need to loose weight to take pressure of your knees and ankles! that is the problem with running at your weight.

Back