• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fullbody routine...advise

SuperFlex

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does this resemble anything like a good fullbody routine? I've always just blown off the fullbody routine threads, so I've honestly yet to read or check one out... I'd like to know if I've got the # of sets right, if I should train bodyparts in a certain order, should I mix my reps up on different days, etc... I would do abs with cardio, but I'll be doing cardio at the crib. Here it goes.

Monday:

3 sets of bench presses for 8-6 reps
3 sets of squats for 8-6
3 sets of lat pulldowns for 10-8 reps
3 sets of leg curls for 10-8
3 sets of DB shoulder presses for 10-8
3 sets of seated machine calf raises 10-15

Tuesday:

Cardio

Wednesday:

3 sets of squats for 10
3 sets of calf presses on leg press machine 10-15
3 sets of dips
3 sets of barbell rows for 10-12
3 sets of DB laterals for 10-12
3 sets of leg raises for abs

Thursday:

Cardio

Friday:

3 sets of bench pesses for 8-10
3 sets of DB rows for 10-12
3 sets DB shoulder presses for 10-12
3 sets of squats for 10
3 sets of lying leg curls for 10-12
3 sets of decline sit-ups for 30

Saturday:

Cardio

Sunday: watch football in my underwear...:)

REVISED (STILL LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS!)

Last edited:
I like the exercise selection so I'm not looking for advice there... I just need to know if this is too much, is it set-up correctly, and things of that sort. I did a mix of lower and upper exercises on Monday, lower then upper for Wednesday, and upper then lower for Friday. Ok?

why are you squatting for 10 reps on every session? what is the intensity of the squat if you are doing something like that?

the rep ranges are all the same on all three days. what is the intensity? How are you managing intensity over the week? You aren't managing volume very well, that's for sure.

Does this resemble anything like a good fullbody routine? I've always just blown off the fullbody routine threads, so I've honestly yet to read or check one out... I'd like to know if I've got the # of sets right, if I should train bodyparts in a certain order, should I mix my reps up on different days, etc... I would do abs with cardio, but I'll be doing cardio at the crib. Here it goes.

Monday:

3 sets of bench presses for 6 reps
3 sets of squats for 6
3 sets of lat pulldowns for 10-12 reps
3 sets of leg curls for 8....SLDL would be much better
3 sets of machine shoulder presses for 6...DB or BB is better
3 sets of seated machine calf raises 10-15

Tuesday:

Cardio

Wednesday:

3 sets of squats for 10...drop this and do Dead lifts
3 sets of seated leg curls for 10-12...drop this
3 sets of machine calf presses 10-15...standing calf raise
3 sets of DBbench presses 8-12...drop this and do dips or CGBP
3 sets of barbell rows for 10-12
3 sets of DB laterals for 10-12
3 sets of leg raises for abs

Thursday:

Cardio

Friday:

3 sets of DB Incline bench presses 8-12
3 sets of DB rows for 10-12
3 sets DB shoulder presses for 10-12
3 sets of squats for 10
3 sets of lying leg curls for 10-12
3 sets of calf presses for 10-15

Saturday:

Cardio

Sunday: watch football in my underwear...:) very ghey
Need some work still

why are you squatting for 10 reps on every session? what is the intensity of the squat if you are doing something like that?

the rep ranges are all the same on all three days. what is the intensity? How are you managing intensity over the week? You aren't managing volume very well, that's for sure.

I plan to start next week man, that's why I'm asking. I have no clue how to set-up a fullbody routine. As for intensity, it's high. Mid-week I'd back off a bit, but my 10 rep sets are 10 hardcore reps. That's the only way I know how to train...

check out the Bill Starr 5x5 program....do a search. the info has been posted like crazy here. it will give you an idea of how to balance intensity and volume loading over the week.

Need some work still

I'd LOVE to be able to do deadlifts, but I don't trust them at all. My lower back slipped out on me once doing them just warming up with 225. They're out for me. I chose the machine shoulder press just because of an old injury. It's cool right now, but I want to keep it as such... I can certainly change that however. That's also why I don't incline. A lower rep day to kick things off is cool too. I considered no hams mid-week as well. I'll go that route. We don't have a standing calf raise, which sucks. I'd do them on the smith machine, but we don't even have anything to use as a platfom. Not sure I trust using weights. Thanks for the advice...

I'll probably mix-up the days as well. I'll see how it feels and go off of that...

Dropped to hams twice a week, calves twice, and abs twice. I'm going fullbody just to ensure I do cardio...

In terms of exercise selection, the only lower body pulling movements you have are leg curl variations. Try some movements that are primarily hip extension.

You also have way too much pushing relative to pulling with upper body compound lifts.

Nothing but 3x10?

Have you read the stickies as of yet?

IML Gear Cream!
In terms of exercise selection, the only lower body pulling movements you have are leg curl variations. Try some movements that are primarily hip extension.

You also have way too much pushing relative to pulling with upper body compound lifts.

Nothing but 3x10?

Have you read the stickies as of yet?

I will never read the stickies... What makes them so much better than the rest of our threads...:D

I agree with you on the push/pull ratio, but I see no way of evening that out:hmmm: . Like my twin brother Ronnie Coleman, I like 10 reps, but day one is heavier. What are some good hip extensions exercises to use instead?

I will never read the stickies... What makes them so much better than the rest of our threads...:D

they have condesed the information from a number of threads. they are the cliff notes. they will give you an overview of how to set up your program.

they have condesed the information from a number of threads. they are the cliff notes. they will give you an overview of how to set up your program.

I know. Thus the ":D "...but I'm still not reading them.:D

Why not? It might just be the best 5 minutes of your life. ;)

We've never shaken hands have we...;) I will read them tonight. Any good ones you can suggest?:D

Stop being a lazy ass. You claim to want to make all these changes so that you are more athletic. Well start by educating yourself.

Stop being a lazy ass. You claim to want to make all these changes so that you are more athletic. Well start by educating yourself.
agreed...:clapping:

just read training 101, and cowpimp on desgining routines ;)

IML Gear Cream!
oh and also stretching/flexability, and guide to a proper warm-up ;)

Thanks for narrowing it down Mike...:thumb:

Back