• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Worst day EVER.

Bajenman88

Supa-sucka
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Yesterday I did Lower, and it was terrible, after the workout I wanted to flip out and start smashing stuff.

First off, I switched from standard weights to olympic and I was adding up the weight and forgot to factor in the bar, so I squatted 20 pounds less than what I did the previous week. I was like WTF, I must have gained some serious strength because this is EASY. And then it hit me, AFTER all three sets were complete.

Second off, I could not hang on to my deadlift. Failed second and third set do to not being able to hold on to it.

Thirdly, could hardly leg curl what I could the previous week. Bought a new bench and I guess the form was more restricted, the ROM. UGH.

Lastly, thanks, just needed to vent, I feel better now. :)

Yesterday I did Lower, and it was terrible, after the workout I wanted to flip out and start smashing stuff.

First off, I switched from standard weights to olympic and I was adding up the weight and forgot to factor in the bar, so I squatted 20 pounds less than what I did the previous week. I was like WTF, I must have gained some serious strength because this is EASY. And then it hit me, AFTER all three sets were complete.

Second off, I could not hang on to my deadlift. Failed second and third set do to not being able to hold on to it.

Thirdly, could hardly leg curl what I could the previous week. Bought a new bench and I guess the form was more restricted, the ROM. UGH.

Lastly, thanks, just needed to vent, I feel better now. :)

relax man...if it was so light you could've piled on the weight for one more set if it bothered you THAT much...

Did you try a mixed grip on the deadlifts?? Losing your grip on heavy deads isn't uncommon...

the guy that used to coach me in olympic lifting said:

"everyday can not be a championship day. go home. re-group and come back in 2 days ready to work."

the guy that used to coach me in olympic lifting said:

"everyday can not be a championship day. go home. re-group and come back in 2 days ready to work."

Well said. Everyone has bad days, no need to stress. Stressing out this much will do nothing but have even greater negative effects than a missed workout (increased cortisol levels, etc.)

Yea, I was so heated by the end of that workout, I was about to flip out and start smashing stuff! I'm over it though.

:thumb:

Well said. Everyone has bad days, no need to stress. Stressing out this much will do nothing but have even greater negative effects than a missed workout (increased cortisol levels, etc.)

He's alive!

Yeah, just shrug it off. I have bad days too sometimes. We all do. If it occurs again regularly, then you are probably starting to move into a state of overtraining and should unload. It is probably just a fluke though.

I actually count my bad days as good days because I learn a lot more about yourself on a bad day then I do on a good day. I used to get so pissed off, but now I could care less. Work hard when you need to and relax when you have to, life is too short to worry about 1 bad workout. Let it go, don't let it hold you back.

Seems like to me lately I have more bad than good, but I suppose all I can do is keep chuggin along and see what happens.

IML Gear Cream!
Yea, the workout the day before that was amazing, completed all my sets without struggle and added weight to each also. Just a bad day. :shrug:

Make sure you're not overtraining.

I have been at this for years now, and I know whenever I am overdoing it. And I am not. Overtraining normally comes with being tired and feeling fatigued and neither one of those is what I am. I am just in the ever so friendly rut. It'll change soon I have faith.

Back