Hypertension

Thread: Hypertension

Rep Points

Hypertension

I have a question relating to weight training and Hypertension. I've heard that weight training can actually reduce mild high blood pressure.
    Has anyone seen any articles on this issue?
    GO For It

Phyical Cultural-ist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Im sure any form of exercise would be beneficial. But see you doctor.

mick
    To refuse to learn anything that could prove beneficial to yourself is a working definition of stupid!

High-intensity training is going all-out, not almost all out. It is taking one set to one's absolute limit, not almost to the limit. It is using whatever equipment’s available. It is not the words of two or three men, but a commitment to work as hard as possible while in the gym without socializing, resting excessively between sets, or falling prey to the 'this isn't going to work so I'll copy the star' attitude"

I'm Dead Sexxxxy!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I agree with mick, best to check with your doctor if you have HBP.
    Cool

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Most doctors will tell you to get exercise(walking,jogging, ect.) is good for you and will help bp as in my case as I have it hereditary.
    Depending on how high it is though, you may need medication and need to start any exercise program with the OK of your doctor!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Thanks for all the replies. I've had mild hypertension for about 10 years. Was on BP meds for awhile but was able to get off them when I lost the extra pounds I was carring around. Have lost 22 lbs. to date currently involved in cardio 5 days a week, and weight training each day a different muscle group each day, feeling great for 42. Now I'm not looking at the scale anymore, but having fun watching the fat fade away.
    GO For It