• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Injured - What do do while healing?

-vulcano-

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I injured my elbow/tricep and cannot do as much as one pushup. What can I do while I recover back into lifting form?

train the other arm
train your legs
work on your conditioning

ice and rest the injured arm

i did same thing about 2 years ago train round it best as you can but train carefully ,mine took 3 months to heal and still cannot lock out fully ,dont rush it or you will do even more damage ,stay strong ,it will heal

Take some time off. Usually 1-2 weeks is appropriate. Inflamation is probably the cause of the pain. If this is the case take about 1,200mg/Ibuprofen a day until the pain subsides some.

You didn't give a lot of details concerning the injury so all I can give is some vague advice.

If you haven't already up your Vitamin C intake to about 2 grams a day, followed by a supplementation of MSM, Glucosamine, and Type II Collagen if you can find it. You can usually find all of these in some sort of joint/tendon support at any supplement shop.

Best of luck in your recovery and don't push it - this will only make things work.

Go see a doctor to get some anti-inflam. medication, take a few weeks off, ice the thing a few times a day.

Training the other arm is key. Granted, I have no reference point here for the alternate scenario, but I can tell you empirically that the strength in your other arm can be maintained, and the injured one should catch up QUICK when it is ready to go back into action.

it is called the cross-over effect or the cross-over concept. Siff talks about it in super training and references some study.

it is called the cross-over effect or the cross-over concept. Siff talks about it in super training and references some study.

Yeah, you were the one who recommended I do it. I was in the gym training my good arm while my other arm was in a sling. The looks I got from people were priceless.

Back