Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Old wise tale...

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Question Old wise tale...

My grandfather insist that drinking milk with a fish meal isn't ideal nutrition. He says people shouldn't do that and you should drink water with fish. I can't see any grounds for such, but is there any truth to that?
    May the Lord Jesus Christ bless those who bless me as I gladly accept their blessings, and curse those who curse me all the while protecting me for any evils. In Christ name, amen...

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

The expression is "Old Wive's Tale". :P

I think ive drunk milk with fish before, and it didnt make me ill or anything, what happened because of that inside my body i dont know though.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    The expression is "Old Wive's Tale". :P

I think ive drunk milk with fish before, and it didnt make me ill or anything, what happened because of that inside my body i dont know though.
    Two very healthy foods...but sometimes things don't mix well. Just thought I'd ask. Hopefully someone will have the knowledge.
    May the Lord Jesus Christ bless those who bless me as I gladly accept their blessings, and curse those who curse me all the while protecting me for any evils. In Christ name, amen...

Rep Points

Not sure about it myself - but i wouldn't dismiss everything he sais under the guise of "Old Wive's Tale". I know it was my grandparents (and parents) who told me about Fish oil and blackstrap molasses.

Rep Points

the expression is old wives tale lol

Rep Points

I don't no about fish and milk...But i used to drink orange juice and milk together, to make me throw up and skive off school (-:
    Cow Pimp - If you don't train your legs you're a dumbfuck. I'm not going to elaborate on why. If it isn't obvious to you, then you deserve the marginal results that you get and hideously unbalanced/injury prone physique that you will build.

On a journey.......
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I don't no about fish and milk...But i used to drink orange juice and milk together, to make me throw up and skive off school (-:
    I used to drink that also. It did not make me throwup - infact it tasted like a 50-50 bar.
    If you always have a great day, you will always have a great life.

"The gym offers force and pain and relief. It provides challenge and struggle and satisfaction." Dave Draper

Rep Points

If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by aceshigh View Post
    Never knew that... It's bullshit then.

Rep Points

Probably comes out of Jewish law that it isn't Kosher to combine meat and dairy or to eat with utensils that have touched the other.... or something like that....I'm not Jewish some I'm not up on the whole Kosher Dietary Law thing.

The Wives tale was that the combination was deadly. Fish panfried in milk is really good. Try it.

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Im pretty sure its water because its fish. And some fish live in fresh water. Others live in salt water. Some even live in water that is known as "brackish" which is a blend of the other two.
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Weighted Pullups 80lbs 3x3 (3/19)
    Squat 370
    Deadlift after herniation 385lbs 3x3 (3/17)
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Rep Points

the REAL reson they say that is because if you eat a certain kind of fish and have milk after that it can make you get "fulvairi" or ALbino. The desease where you get white spots all over, all your pigments (melanin) die and you cant stand the sun. Sorry dont know which fish though...