Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

DPW8 Something aint right

Rep Points

Unhappy DPW8 Something aint right

I know that you should not go by the scale and you should go by BF and body composition, but something is not right. This past Sunday I carbed up and on Monday I weighed my usual 114lbs. Haven't weighed myself since then. On Tuesday my doctor put me on Naprosyn (sp?) for my knee (old skiing injury that flares up sometimes). I have been on my regular diet Cal: 1700-1900, Fat 80-90, Carb under 30, Protein 170-200. This morning I weighed myself and I was 117.5. Thats 3.5lbs increase since Monday. I am hoping its just the medication. I was wondering what your thoughts are and if I should do my carb up tonight or should I change my diet all together until I am off this (assuming that the medication is what is causing the increase).
    I don't like gaining weight and it certainly doesn't help keep the cutting mentality.

Rep Points

Naprosyn, or Naproxen sodium is an Anti-inflammatory - Analgesic!

Yes, that is what has caused the weight gain and any retention of fluid! Aspirin and ibuprofen will do this too! If it is necessary, stick with it, however, it will slightly comprosie prostaglandin balance, eicosanoids having an important role in the glucagon/insulin relationship!

BUT EVER SO MINOR, STAY ON COURSE!

DP

Rep Points

Thanks DP

Unfortunately my knee is still swollen and I probably need to take it a couple more days. I can only work my upper body right now and would really like to get back to legs soon. Hopefully the weight will drop back to normal quickly when I come stop taking this stuff. I will continue with my diet, carb up tonight and not step on the scale for a few days. Its disappoints me right now!

Rep Points

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
    Naprosyn, or Naproxen sodium is an Anti-inflammatory - Analgesic!

Yes, that is what has caused the weight gain and any retention of fluid! Aspirin and ibuprofen will do this too! If it is necessary, stick with it, however, it will slightly comprosie prostaglandin balance, eicosanoids having an important role in the glucagon/insulin relationship!

BUT EVER SO MINOR, STAY ON COURSE!

DP
    Reminds me of that part in "Return of the Jedi" where he keeps saying "stay on target, stay on target..."

Anyway, great info DP. I'll have to remember this as well since I seem to hold water so easily.