• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

New AB workouts any suggestions

SpeedyReedy5

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am trying to get my AB's ripped any new exercises that actually work and don???t strain your neck or back.

Shouldn't this be in the diet section?

yep...

Ripped abs are the same as ripped everything else...it is a function of diet.

The rectus abdominus is primarily composed of type1 fibers or slow twitch...and have much less potential for growth.

I do very little "ab" work...I do core work, which consists of various planks and bird dogs etc...Your core gets a lot of work from the big compound movements...I am living proof. One of the times I held a plank I was able to do so with 125lbs on my back.

you could get ripped abs without doing any ab exercise (just by diet) but you couldn't get ripped abs if you do many ab exercises while having a bad diet...

I agree diet is what gives you the ripped look. However if you are looking for any type of strong abs do some decline weighted crunches, they are excellent.

yep...

Ripped abs are the same as ripped everything else...it is a function of diet.

The rectus abdominus is primarily composed of type1 fibers or slow twitch...and have much less potential for growth.

I do very little "ab" work...I do core work, which consists of various planks and bird dogs etc...Your core gets a lot of work from the big compound movements...I am living proof. One of the times I held a plank I was able to do so with 125lbs on my back.

And I thought it was cool doing 30 second planks in sets of 3 with a 45# plate on my back. Damn you...

I agree though. Do the right core work and you'll need nothing else. I promise. I have a fairly high BF% right now (at least 12-15 I should think), yet it's very possible to see my upper abs. They just happen to be quite large because of all the stress I put on them. Check out my journal for a rundown of the exercises I do. Warning: It is not for the faint-hearted.

And I thought it was cool doing 30 second planks in sets of 3 with a 45# plate on my back. Damn you...

I agree though. Do the right core work and you'll need nothing else. I promise. I have a fairly high BF% right now (at least 12-15 I should think), yet it's very possible to see my upper abs. They just happen to be quite large because of all the stress I put on them. Check out my journal for a rundown of the exercises I do. Warning: It is not for the faint-hearted.

LOL@faint hearted.

What's funny is that 125lb plank attempt was one of the first planks I've done. But I've been picking up heavy shit for a long time :shrug:

I do light core work more for purposes of activation now, I do it as part of my warm up.

LOL@faint hearted.

What's funny is that 125lb plank attempt was one of the first planks I've done. But I've been picking up heavy shit for a long time :shrug:

I do light core work more for purposes of activation now, I do it as part of my warm up.

Picking up heavy shit really is the key. Seriously. Everyone should try it. I think people would be surprised what it can do for the body and mind. Especially unilateral exercises.

I don't do much core work as my warmup, but most of my exercises are intentionally core-intensive (unilateral DLs, RLDs, farmers walks, benches; OH bulgarian squats; turkish get ups; etc). I love it though.

IML Gear Cream!
I use the ab machine. Yes, diet is a big factor, but I've actually noticed some growth over the past six months.

Back