How are these goals?

Rep Points

How are these goals?

I’m not really looking to get into bodybuilding at the moment. I’d just like to get down to a reasonable bodyfat %.

Goals: Lose as much bodyfat as possible,
    BF% now: About 30%
    Goal BF%: 10% or less
    Weight now: 220 lbs
    Gal weight: 175 lbs
    Height: 5’ 10”- Yes I look really fat

Diet Overview

Macro% goals:
    Protein: 30-35%
    Carbs: 45-50%
    Fat: 20%

Total Calories: Start out at 2300- Will adjust so that I only lose 1.5-2lbs per week to preserve as much LBM as possible.

Meals: 5
    Bedtime snack: Protein and Good fats

Water: Try to drink 1-1.5 gal of water per day

Training Overview

Weights: 4-5 times per week

Cardio (I’m doing cardio to help burn more calories and also to build up some cardiovascular endurance, I sweat very easily and I attribute that to high BF% and poor cardiovascular health, I will also not be doing all of these from the start, I will gradually increase and add exercises):

Running: 4-5 times per week
    Swimming: At least three times per week
    Jumping Rope: 2-3 times per week

Sleep: Minimum of 7 hours, will aim for 8

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Looks ok, but dont do to much cardio to the point you burn yourself out. I would train with weights no more than 4 days and cardio no more than 3. Maybe 1 day after a weights session do some light cardio. And on 2 of your days off go with some high intensity cardio. Keep your meals at a minumum of 6 and be sure to include those good fats. You look like you got your things pretty well together. Are your reps going to be low, medium, or high?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Goals usually have a time frame. This is something that will probably takt 8months to a year of strict behaviour.

Your best bet would to make like 4 week periods of goals you want to achieve. Keeps the incentive high for a shorter period of time consitently.

Rep Points

You can do it in a year, but you will not maintain that workload. You'll burn out... besides, it's too much. Scale that back.

I devide my "timeframes" by months, quarters and semi-annuals. Your workouts need constant adjustments. Besides, you need "little rewards" along the way for encouragement!
    "Wait 'till you see special photos of my old man butt in April!"

Rep Points

Yea I didn't really plan on doing 5 days of weights neway. I haven't really worked that out totally yet. And I think you guys think I'm gonna be doing way more cardio than I plan on. I only plan on doing 20 minutes HIIT running. 15-20 minutes swimming. And about 10-15 min of rope jumping and never all on the same day. I also want to maybe do some triathalon stuff after I get to my goal BF%, which like you said will probably be a year. Thanks.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Goals usually have a time frame. This is something that will probably takt 8months to a year of strict behaviour.

Your best bet would to make like 4 week periods of goals you want to achieve. Keeps the incentive high for a shorter period of time consitently.
    Yea, those 4 week goals sound like a really good idea. Can I expect to have better fat losses during the initial start of the cut while my metabolism gets faster?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by footballmaniac View Post
    Yea, those 4 week goals sound like a really good idea. Can I expect to have better fat losses during the initial start of the cut while my metabolism gets faster?

Depending on what your diet has been leading up to this. I wouldn't expect an crazy fat losses initially. What you will see is loss in Water, account for big decreases in weight.