IronMagLabs

Creatine and Glutamine

Filthy Animal

Rep Points

Question Creatine and Glutamine

I've used creatine and glutamine on and off for about a year now and have made great gains on it. My question is whether or not you guys (or girls) have had acne problems while on them. I haven't had break outs like this since high school and can't think of anything else that could be causing it. What good is muscle if your skin looks like sh!^ ?
    Thanks in advance!

Filthy Animal

Rep Points

One more thing...

The only other supplement I've been using is Ripped Force before workouts. Heard anything about ephedra causing acne???
    Thanks again!

NGA/IFPA Pro Bodybuilder
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

None of those supplements cause acne. Lifting weights does increase your natural test levels, which can cause pimples.

*NATURAL PRO BODYBUILDER
    *MONTHLY COLUMNIST FOR PLANET MUSCLE, NATURAL MUSCLE AND IRONMAN MAGAZINES
    *CEO OF BROSERBUILT.COM
    *PIONEER OF POWER/REP RANGE/SHOCK AND FIBER DAMAGE/FIBER SATURATION TRAINING PROTOCOLS

*-==♠==-*
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I don’t have any proof to back this up, but believe it or not my acne has got a lot better from the day I started to drink lots of water (1galon every day). Now all I get is a pimple here another there but not even close to what it used to have. I take creatine and glutamine, and I don’t see my acne reacting to it or anything.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Once again, a reminder. Everyone is different and people's bodies react differently. For the most part the following myths really are myths, however, that may not be the case for some. The bottom line is, if you find that a certain activity, behavior, or diet is making your acne worse, then don't do it! Acne is generally caused by overactive oil glands and that's it!

1.) Acne is caused by poor hygiene. This is not true. As mentioned before, acne is caused by extra skin and oil, but if you wash your skin hard and too often, you can make your acne worse. Remember: acne is not caused by dirt or surface skin oils, therefore, 'over washing' your epidermis will not help.

2.) Acne is caused by certain foods. This is not true. All too many studies have found no connection between diet and acne. Not chocolate, nor French fries, nor pizza. If you happen to be one of the few who actually are affected by a certain food, then don't eat it! As a general rule, however, your body will always respond better to a good diet and lots of water.

3.) Acne is caused by stress. This is not true, especially in young people. If anything, stress may worsen acne. The worsening of acne from stress is because more sebum, or oil, is released when you are stressed out.

4.) You have to grow out of acne. This is not true a lot of the time. There are many products and methods for treating acne. If nothing is working for you, always see a dermatologist.

5.) Acne is just a cosmetic disease. It is obvious that acne can worsen your looks and can result in permanent physical scars, however, it is usually never life-threatening. This does not mean acne is a simple cosmetic disease though. Acne and its negatives can affect the way people feel about themselves to the point of affecting their lives. If someone doesn't handle their life properly, acne can become a type of mental disease as well.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Filthy Animal

Rep Points

Thanks again to everyone who replied. My acne has never been severe, and has been almost not existent after high school. It's only been in the past 4 months or so that it's shown up at all, which is why I was assuming the supplements were to blame I'm glad to hear that it isn't the supplements because I've had very good results from them.

Rep Points

Glutamine and acne

I definitely, without a doubt, break out on my body when taking glutamine. I have tested this twice. After two days of mixing glutamine with creatine (Phosphagen HP), my back gets a bunch of acne. The acne stays the whole while I stay on glutamine. Once I cut out the glutamine but stay on creatine, the back pimples go away within two to three days. I've never had back acne before, until glutamine.

So yes, glutamine can cause acne in some people. I have only tried one brand though. I won't say what brand it is because that brand might work fine for you, but I will say it was one of the cheaper ones. I'm going to try another more expensive brand in a couple weeks or so, whenever I can make it to a Vitamin Shoppe and have money in my pocket - a rare combination these days.

Glutamine does help my recovery time and I feel like my muscles do grow faster when on it, but what's the point if I can't take my shirt off at the beach because my back is all polkadot pink?

- Warren

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

try b5 it will help
    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    I will not kill innocents.

Filthy Animal

Rep Points

I dont have any idea if this is relevent info...just anecdotal...but I haven't had this problem since going from L-Glutamine to Glutamine Peptides. Again, may just be coincidence

Rep Points

I tried Creatine a few years back and I too figured it was the new supplement that caused a horrible outbreak of acne. I am about to try a new cycle/new brand of it and I can practically feel my self psyching my self up for the unwanted breakout. Could it be a mental thing as much as a physcial think that Creatine causes acne? Or is it more likely going along with one of the members said about increaing water consumption reduced their acne but since creatine causes the body to retain the water in the cells the body feels dehydrated causing acne?