• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Muscle cramp/spasms

zootroid

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm getting them a lot lately and just wondering what can they be caused by?

Deficiencies in certain nutrients, such as Potassium, can account for this in part. An additional way to deter cramps other than taking a multivitamin and/or carefully planning your diet is to stretch well, whether it be dynamically beforehand and statically afterward or whatever else it is you do (or should).

I dont currently take any multi vitamines, however I do eat usually 2 or 3 banana's per day. Whether that's enough potassium or not I'm not sure. I also think it's from poor stretching.

A multivitamin is a great addition to those bananas. Unless, of course, your Tom Cruise.

electrolyte imbalance
need more water
possible movement compensation, and the compensator is cramping up due to increased workload.

electrolyte imbalance
need more water

possible movement compensation, and the compensator is cramping up due to increased workload.

By golly, I was thinking the same thing!

electrolyte imbalance
need more water

It could be lack of water. I find that I'm not drinking as much as I use to be now that I'm in school again.

As for the other two possibilities I have no idea what they mean so yeah lol ;p

It could be lack of water. I find that I'm not drinking as much as I use to be now that I'm in school again.

As for the other two possibilities I have no idea what they mean so yeah lol ;p

Electrolytes are ions used in generating action potentials. An action potential is an electrical signal initiated by your nervous system that excites a cell. In the case of a muscle cell, it leads to contraction.

The reason a lack of potassium could be the issue (Though it's probably not, if you are eating 2-3 bananas a day) is that when the cell membrane permeability to sodium increases and it rushes into the cell and depolarizes and hits critical thershold (The voltage difference between the outside and inside of the cell membrane changes enough for an action potential to occur), potassium is then supposed to rush back out of the cell to repolarize the cell membrane voltage differential and return the cell back to a resting state.

Hopefully I didn't fuck that explanation up, heh.

Referring to compensation, P is talking about when a muscle tries to do the work of itself, plus the work of another muscle that is too weak and neurally inhibited to do it's own job properly. This increased workload causes a muscle to become overactive, and subsequent cramping could occur as a result.

Electrolytes are ions used in generating action potentials. An action potential is an electrical signal initiated by your nervous system that excites a cell. In the case of a muscle cell, it leads to contraction.

The reason a lack of potassium could be the issue (Though it's probably not, if you are eating 2-3 bananas a day) is that when the cell membrane permeability to sodium increases and it rushes into the cell and depolarizes and hits critical thershold (The voltage difference between the outside and inside of the cell membrane changes enough for an action potential to occur), potassium is then supposed to rush back out of the cell to repolarize the cell membrane voltage differential and return the cell back to a resting state.

Hopefully I didn't fuck that explanation up, heh.

Referring to compensation, P is talking about when a muscle tries to do the work of itself, plus the work of another muscle that is too weak and neurally inhibited to do it's own job properly. This increased workload causes a muscle to become overactive, and subsequent cramping could occur as a result.

This could very well be the explantion. For example, when I was working out my calves yesterday I got a huge muscle cramp. I was using a machine this time which allowed me to have a bigger ROM than what I'm normally use to. So I bet my muscle was just very weak at certain points. Normally my ROM consists of going from flat footed to tippy toes and back...

Back