• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

UFC 64: Franklin vs. Silva

Rich Franklin Vs. Anderson Silva

• Franklin

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Silva

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goodfella9783

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Who's everyone got? Probably Franklin's toughest fight yet. May be a mistake to stand with Silva, but I have a feeling Franklin is going to do it anyway. Here's the undercard:

Sean Sherk Vs. Kenny Florian
Jon Fitch Vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Cheick Kongo Vs. Carmelo Marrero
Spencer Fisher Vs. Dan Lauzon
Keith Jardine Vs. Mike Nickels
Yushin Okami Vs. Kalib Starnes
Justin James Vs. Clay Guida
Kurt Pellegrino Vs. Junior Assuncao

Looks to be a good fight! Franklin vs. Silva fight that is. To bad i gotta work. I got Anderson winning.

Who do you got winning the main event?

I got Franklin. I just think he's too well rounded. I'm pretty sure I heard Silva has a nice JJ game, but Franklin is decent too and is kinda tough to take down. I think this one may go at least 3 or 4 rounds.

Silva and Franklin are evenly matched hypothetically.

franklin is verry strong, im picking franklin

Franklin cuz that guy is jacked up on xience lol

IML Gear Cream!
Did you see Franklin's nose? :laugh:

Duffys shows them..

Anyway its 10:30pm, whos winning thus far?

Anderson Silva 1st round TKO
Sherk Unanimous

Fitch Decision, Marrero Decision, Fisher TKO

They just showed Guida submit James also.

And Pride fighting on PPV October 21 from Vegas.

Last edited:
Franklin looked completely outclassed. You could see it in Franklin's eyes after the first set of knees to the body he recieved that he knew he couldn't win. That clinch was WAAAY too much for him. From what he said afterwards it seemed like that (the clinch) was going to be his gameplan to neutralize Silva's striking power. Guess that backfired....

His fucking nose was mangled from that knee. :laugh:

I was hoping Guida's trainer was going to shave his head between rounds, goddamnit that was annoying.

Wow Franklin got fucked up! His nose was a wreck. No contest, he didn't even put a scratch on Anderson. Finally a fucking upset!!!

Hey Fufu.....did you see, I called it. Not an upset in my book!

Franklin looked completely outclassed. You could see it in Franklin's eyes after the first set of knees to the body he recieved that he knew he couldn't win. That clinch was WAAAY too much for him. From what he said afterwards it seemed like that (the clinch) was going to be his gameplan to neutralize Silva's striking power. Guess that backfired....

His fucking nose was mangled from that knee. :laugh:

I was hoping Guida's trainer was going to shave his head between rounds, goddamnit that was annoying.

Lol. Me and my friends were saying the same thing. You'd think it would benefit him to at least tie it up or something.

As for Franklin/Silva, major props to Silva as he completely dominated Franklin easily. I was surprised it was that simple for him. Why Franklin didn't rip out of the clinch I don't know, but Silva capitalized and mauled him ala Chris Leben. It looked like Rich was a little afraid in there standing. He didn't look like his normal confident self. What's in store for the both of them now? Marquadt/Silva, Swick/Franklin or Silva/Swick? All I know is that someone better take Anderson Silva down quick to stand a chance.

Great night of fighting. What I thought was a weaker card turned out to be the best all year :thumb:

Lol. Me and my friends were saying the same thing. You'd think it would benefit him to at least tie it up or something.

As for Franklin/Silva, major props to Silva as he completely dominated Franklin easily. I was surprised it was that simple for him. Why Franklin didn't rip out of the clinch I don't know, but Silva capitalized and mauled him ala Chris Leben. It looked like Rich was a little afraid in there standing. He didn't look like his normal confident self. What's in store for the both of them now? Marquadt/Silva, Swick/Franklin or Silva/Swick? All I know is that someone better take Anderson Silva down quick to stand a chance.

Great night of fighting. What I thought was a weaker card turned out to be the best all year :thumb:

Agreed, I thought it turned out to be a great card. Fitch looked impressive, and Florian showed enough heart to make a lopsided fight interesting at least.

I just watched a fight of Silva vs. Jeremy Horn. It seems to me that a fighter like Ortiz would be able to pick Silva apart. Horn had no trouble taking him down and with Ortiz's ground and pound it might be a mismatch. Apparently Silva's original intent was to fight at 205 and take on Liddell. Hopefully he goes up because there is NOBODY at 185 right now that stands a chance IMO. I don't think Liddell would even fare well as dominant as Silva looked tonight, but a ground and pounder like Ortiz just might do the trick.

IML Gear Cream!
Sherk was spouting blood that entire fight. Florian shorts were soaked with it along with the rest of him. Bloodiest fight I have seen.

Sherk was spouting blood that entire fight. Florian shorts were soaked with it along with the rest of him. Bloodiest fight I have seen.

The bloodiest I have ever seen was @ UFC 61. It was Yves Edwards, when Joe Stevenson split him open. This was definitely a close second though.

Alright I was at a bar watching the fight so didn't really here any of the commentary. But what was the deal with Frankling not getting out of the Mauy Thai Clench? You would think he would learn pretty quick that shit this ain't working lets take it to the ground.

Alright I was at a bar watching the fight so didn't really here any of the commentary. But what was the deal with Frankling not getting out of the Mauy Thai Clench? You would think he would learn pretty quick that shit this ain't working lets take it to the ground.

From what it sounded like, the Muay Thai clinch was going to be Rich's strategy to win the fight. I think it was more of a pride thing him not getting out of it. Silva's strikes are so sharp, he didn't get a second round to re-think that gameplan......

There was some amazing camera angles and shots during the fight. It was unreal seeing the knees in slowmo and seeing franklins nose on theside of his face.

I have said Franklin's overrated. But Silva isn't exactly a middleweight fedor.

Back