• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Speed

RockSolid

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
alright I had an article about my problem squating and I just have decided I have weak legs and I need to squat my ass off and I will reap the rewards if I stay consistant and motivated....

My goal is to play football, I did in high school I was good but I was a string-bean cause I hit blunts instead of weights, anyway I think my weak legs have given me poor acceleration cause I got no explosive power yet.

My ? is will squats and building strong legs increase acceleration (exploding out of your stance) and besides sprinting what excercises will help me with this...I have heard of plyometrics but know little about them any suggestions?

If your legs are as weak as you say they are, don't worry about plyos right now. get your legs strong and work on your sprinting technique.

Pulling a sled helps a ton with all of the above also.

Pulling a sled helps a ton with all of the above also.

pulling a sled helps with hip strength.

Just the right amount of weight can be beneficial.

To much weight (like most use, since their goal is strength) and the sprinting biomechanics breakdown and poor technique is learned. Not good.

So, don't start with pulling the sled. Squat, do strength work, and then go and do sprint work.

Well P I didnt really mean start by pulling a sled. Sorry, I was meaning it does help with explosivness. And also with someone who has been around football also should know about the quick foot ladder. It improves quickness which is also very useful.

thanks a lot guys, I was planning on pullng a sled when summer gets here...any idea where to purchase a quick foot ladder? those heavy jumpropes sound like a good idea as well?

Theres one to purchase on the site I gave ya. Its like 60 bucks.

thanks a lot guys, I was planning on pullng a sled when summer gets here...any idea where to purchase a quick foot ladder? those heavy jumpropes sound like a good idea as well?

for a ladder, click on my signature, and go to our shop. Click on any of the pictures and they will take you to the perform better website were you can purchase all kinds of usefull training equiptment, like agility ladder, weighted jump rope, weighted vests, sled and harness,etc..

Back