• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

update plan

MZiggy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i made up a new plan with some help from the stickies. Im tryin to gain mass so let me know what you think of this plan. I plan on doing 3 sets of 8,6,6.

mon (chest) - Bench Press, Incline Dumbell Press, Dumbell Flys, Dips

tue (back) - Bent Barbell Rows, Seated Rows, Lat Pulldown, Preacher Curlds

Wed - 0ff

Thurs (Legs) - Squats, Stiff leg deadlifts, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls and some calf work

Fri (delts, arms) - Military Press, Upright Row, Bent Lateral Rows, skullcrushers, preacher curls

It isnt the worst program I have ever saw.

How old?
Training experience?
Weight, bf?

i made up a new plan with some help from the stickies. Im tryin to gain mass so let me know what you think of this plan. I plan on doing 3 sets of 8,6,6.

mon (chest) - Bench Press, Incline Dumbell Press, Dumbell Flys, Dips

tue (back) - Bent Barbell Rows, Seated Rows, Lat Pulldown, Preacher Curlds

Wed - 0ff

Thurs (Legs) - Squats, Stiff leg deadlifts, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls and some calf work

Fri (delts, arms) - Military Press, Upright Row, Bent Lateral Rows, skullcrushers, preacher curls

take your delts and arms day and move them over to your chest (delts and triceps) and back (biceps) day...and make a push pull routine out of it. We consider the incline press to be a vertical movement (like the shoulder press) and it uses a lot of anterior delt, so you use one or the other for that. mach up the rows to the pulls. Ditch the leg extensions in favor of some single leg work (lunges, step ups, etc..). I don't like the upright rows so I would drop them.

So, the workout may look like this now:

day1- Push
Bench press
Overhead DB press
DB fly
Lateral raises (i prefer scaption raises, but if these don't agravate your shoulder then it is cool)
triceps pressdown

Day2- lower
squat
sldl
lunge
leg curl
calves

day3- pull
Bent over row (I like DB rows over the bent over row personally)
chin ups or pull downs
face pulls or cable rows
reverse cable flyes (or something for the scapular retractors)
Biceps curls

6'6 190lbs barely any fat, about a year of regular experience 3 yrs of half assed

Looks like P pointed you in the right direction. Give it a whirl for a couple of months then switch it.

whenever I do overhead DB press or military press after bench I feel I get cheated on the military press cuz I do a lot less after a few hard sets of bench, am I just a pussy :D

whenever I do overhead DB press or military press after bench I feel I get cheated on the military press cuz I do a lot less after a few hard sets of bench, am I just a pussy :D

no, you aren't a pussy.

What you might want to do is try alternating which press you start with each week. Or, change the loading parameter......ie, heavy tension work on the bench (3 sets x 5-8 reps) and lighter, more metabolic work on the shoulders (3 sets x 10-12 reps). Do that for 3-4 weeks, then switch.

Make sense?

my program is different but that is a good idea and makes perfect sense

I think the original program is fine, its in perfect synch with cowpimps sticky pretty much and good for someone getting into heavy lifting for the first time

I think the original program is fine, its in perfect synch with cowpimps sticky pretty much and good for someone getting into heavy lifting for the first time

Well, the sticky is just a general guideline. It helps people put together something coherent so we aren't just totally rewriting a program when they post it up here. I think P-funk's suggestsions are good.

Back