• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Calories during unloading phase

musclehead24

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When I train I eat 3600 calories a day to build muscle. I am taking 8 days off to recover and unload. Should I still be eating 3600 calories during those 8 days or should I cut back a bit since I'm not going to the gym?

I would keep the cals the same. Especially if you still will be active (sports, running, etc)

I will not be active. I will probably just sit on my ass.

Ditto. I am unloading this week too. Not by choice, but because I have the damn flu :mad:

I've personally cut back on calories, but also not by choice. I'm just having a hard time eating right this week. :suicide:

cutting back a little could be a good idea.

ofcourse, maintaing your calories could also be a good idea. A lot of things happen on an unloading week or a week off. Recovery takes place, new fitness levels manifest themselves (period of delayed transmutation), fatigue disipates, etc.....you are also going to be able to store up a decent amount of energy to get ready for the following week when you resume training, change your program, or enter into a different phase of training.

so during unloading it's still acceptable to do some cardio to keep the bf in check?

I would think it depended mostly on what your goals are. I would say if you are into a bulk keep with your calories, but maybe like 2 or 300 less. If you are cutting definitly cut some calories.

it is amazing how high BF levels can go in one weeks time! :rolleyes:

IML Gear Cream!
P thats not what I want to hear. I am taking this week off and have been eating like a hog. Hope these pants dont get to tight....haha.

so during unloading it's still acceptable to do some cardio to keep the bf in check?

Sorry to ba a pain in the arse and pressing for an answer but is this ok cause I was gonnna do a unloading phase.:confused:

Sorry to ba a pain in the arse and pressing for an answer but is this ok cause I was gonnna do a unloading phase.:confused:

I posted a reply

it is amazing how high BF levels can go in one weeks time!

If you do anything, just keep it easy.

if you are bulking you still need to feed your body during your recovery time, but you can ramp down the calories. bulking is typically 500-1000 calories above maintenance, if you are active, your maintenance level rises so should your calories, the inverse is also true, if you plan on hanging around, your maintenance drops and so should your calories. you dont need to be 1000 cals above your workout day maintenance all the time. hope that helps.

Back