• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

roids and prostate

alexvega

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ummm . iwas thinking about my age , i have 34 next to 35 .
my question is about , the prostate.

the roids cause prostate grow?

what is the monitor to it?

i hope u all understand it .

Most, if not all, anabolic steroids can contribute to prostate growth. How to monitor it is a good question. I can feel mine acting up sometimes when I take a piss soon after sex. If urination gets difficult or painfull then you are definitely having problems. Dutasteride may help lesson the growth by reducing DHT.

Saw Palmetto is great, anadrol makes mine blow up.

I ran my only cycle back in May, and I am still having prostate trouble. I think I might have fucked myself on that deal. I have to get up and take a piss almost every night now. It messes up my sleep pretty bad.
Oh well, live and learn.

Dude, saw palmetto. I am not juicing right now but I still take it anyway, that stuff does what you need it to do. If you grab the 540mg caps, I would suggest 5-10 daily depending on your needs, I can't imagine its that bad. If its waking you at night though, you might even start out with more, but try 5 twice a day and go with that.

www.swansonsvitamins.com

I ran my only cycle back in May, and I am still having prostate trouble. I think I might have fucked myself on that deal. I have to get up and take a piss almost every night now. It messes up my sleep pretty bad.
Oh well, live and learn.

Maybe you have a UTI?

I dont think a UTI would cause prostate inflamation which pushes against the bladder causing frequent urinations large and small alike, rather it would hurt when he pissed.

"hurt" is an understatement with UTI....but yeah after my cycle i ALWAYS have to piss 6 or 7 am( which is better than it was from twice a night), which sucks because i have to wake up at 8 to go to work. i am taking saw palmetto now, i will see how that goes.

Dude, saw palmetto.
:thumb:
By the way, lookin huge Mudge! Now:offtopic: Yea, Saw palmetto, half a million coffee drinking truckers can't be wrong. Well maybe but not about this.:D

i ALWAYS have to piss 6 or 7 am( which is better than it was from twice a night), which sucks because i have to wake up at 8 to go to work. i am taking saw palmetto now, i will see how that goes.

I was waking up to 3 times a night, and interupted REM KILLS any feeling of being rested at all, its almost as if you hadn't slept.

IML Gear Cream!
Interesting chat here, but lots of mis-information. I can tell you as one with an enlarged prostate that there is a lot you can do.
Yes, steroids (primarily, any testosterone or dht-based hormone) can affect your prostate.
The first thing to do is to see a doctor. They will want to do the manual tests to determine if it is enlarged. The test is both invasive and frustrating, but it helps them with the diagnosis.
They will then opt for a PSA test, that checks the prostate for an elevated enzyme that could be an early warning to prostate cancer. IF you are already taking finasteride or dutasteride, you should stop before the test, as they can fake out the test values.
Finasteride (Proscar) and Dutasteride (Avodart) block the receptors in the prostate (and the hair and scalp) that cause the conversion of testosterone to DHT. There are implications to that to, since DHT is the basis for what makes us men.
Urinary symptoms can happen because of the pressure that the prostate places on the urethra. That strain can cause significant pain and pressure on the bladder, and affect the flow. The doctor mat treat that with Hytrin or Flomax to ease the symptoms in the urinary tract.
Do the research for yourself. There is a lot you can do to minimize the effects of a growing prostate.
In this case, ignorance is not bliss...

Ummm . iwas thinking about my age , i have 34 next to 35 .
my question is about , the prostate.

the roids cause prostate grow?

what is the monitor to it?

i hope u all understand it .

I understand, I'm 49. I have never had any issue with prostate from using steroids, BUT I have had a number of issues with the muscles around my urethra constricting from any substance that affects dopamine levels.

This includes

Bromocriptine
Cabaser, Cabergoline, (Dostinex)
Selegiline, Deprenyl
Ephedrine
Synephrine

The symptoms are similar to enlarged prostate (difficulty urinating (even painful) and frequent wake ups to go to the bathroom)

Anyone taking the above items should discontinue them for a week or two to see if their symptoms clear up because finasteride will have no effect in this case and finasteride been known to cause permanent problems with ED and problems with sperm.

Dude, saw palmetto. I am not juicing right now but I still take it anyway, that stuff does what you need it to do. If you grab the 540mg caps, I would suggest 5-10 daily depending on your needs, I can't imagine its that bad. If its waking you at night though, you might even start out with more, but try 5 twice a day and go with that.

www.swansonsvitamins.com

:thumb:

Thanks a lot Mudge. I'll be ordering this very soon.

waooo, this topic took many opinons.
thanks people.

Stinging nettle root is another that is often used, I just use saw and it works great.

Interesting post from Msg 12 / lwb357.

I would consider that its beta-adrenergic (alpha) receptors, not just dopamine receptors, being dinged by those compounds. I pulled up tons of citations that support this notion that the alpha receptors are primary targets being hit by the drugs mentioned.

Neurotransmission and Drug Effects in Urethral Smooth Muscle

taylorandfrancis.metapress.com/index/64EDM0HLT07TEU6R.pdf

Cool that you brought this cause for a mimetic condition (not prostate related) up - I wouldn't have thought of it. I *think* that an overactive beta-adrenergic system / ureter sensitivity might occur, without drugs, as result of screwed up HPA activity.

Stinging nettle root is another that is often used, I just use saw and it works great.

Lawl! Is that a joke, or is there an herb really called that?

The first thing to do is to see a doctor. They will want to do the manual tests to determine if it is enlarged. The test is both invasive and frustrating, but it helps them with the diagnosis.
They will then opt for a PSA test,

PSA is not recommended in the diagnosis of prostate cancer. It is useful for monitoring the treatment and recurrence of prostate cancer, however IT IS NOT DIAGNOSTIC.

There are age ranges, and while getting a 'base line' PSA is not unadvisable, however the levels may be elevated due to sex, either solo or with a partner, among other things.

Also please do NOT use a home test to check your Prostate specific antigen.

It may also be wise to note that but the time most men are in their 70s 100% of them have prostate cancer. Most do not die from this, but other causes.

Personally I think it is time we had screening programs comparable to breast and cervical cancer for women, but for men's bits.

I do have a community project called 'Touch Yourself' to generate funding for research and education into testicular and prostate cancer.

I will post some bits about it soon.

x
x
x

T

PSA is not recommended in the diagnosis of prostate cancer. It is useful for monitoring the treatment and recurrence of prostate cancer, however IT IS NOT DIAGNOSTIC.

There are age ranges, and while getting a 'base line' PSA is not unadvisable, however the levels may be elevated due to sex, either solo or with a partner, among other things.

Also please do NOT use a home test to check your Prostate specific antigen.

It may also be wise to note that but the time most men are in their 70s 100% of them have prostate cancer. Most do not die from this, but other causes.

Personally I think it is time we had screening programs comparable to breast and cervical cancer for women, but for men's bits.

I do have a community project called 'Touch Yourself' to generate funding for research and education into testicular and prostate cancer.

I will post some bits about it soon.

x
x
x

T

Thats one catchy name:D

IML Gear Cream!
t may also be wise to note that but the time most men are in their 70s 100% of them have prostate cancer. Most do not die from this, but other causes.

No.

"It is associated with aging, and it occurs in a latent or clinically inactive form in 30% to 40% of men by age 30 to 50 years and in 75% of men by age 80.15,16 Because latent or clinically inactive cancers were not as effectively diagnosed prior to the development of the PSA test, some uncertainty exists in predicting the behavior of prostate cancer after diagnosis."

http://www.prostate-cancer.org/education/nutrprod/Heber_Obesity.html

Saw palmetto is based on the samechemistry usedto make finasteride.

Back