• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Band of Brothers

joesmooth20

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I woke up very early this morning for no reason. I then came across this series on HBO. I have been watching it for 4hrs now and will definately say it's one of the best shows I have ever seen. Very compelling and just simply amazing. Everyone above the age of 14 should see this show.

Yeah I liked Band of Brothers too. My brother has the boxset.

I found it funny that Ross from Friends plays a loser in this one too :).

I found it funny that Ross from Friends plays a loser in this one too :).

He did a great a job in BoB (I never watched Friends).

So I woke up very early this morning for no reason. I then came across this series on HBO. I have been watching it for 4hrs now and will definately say it's one of the best shows I have ever seen. Very compelling and just simply amazing. Everyone above the age of 14 should see this show.

A great series. The commentary be the original soldiers is very moving.

One of my friends is crazy about that series. I found myself watching it before for a while, good stuff. Tom Hanks in the man.

I found this online today. May he rip.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20140309/US--Obit-Guarnere/

'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
PHILADELPHIA (AP) ? William "Wild Bill" Guarnere, one of the World War II veterans whose exploits were dramatized in the TV miniseries "Band of Brothers," has died. He was 90

His son, William Guarnere Jr., confirmed Sunday that his father died at Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. Guarnere was rushed to the hospital early Saturday and died of a ruptured aneurysm early Saturday night.

"He had a good, long life," his son said.

The HBO miniseries, based on a book by Stephen Ambrose, followed the members of Easy Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne Division from training in Georgia in 1942 through some of the war's fiercest European battles through the war's end in 1945.

Its producers included Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. Guarnere was portrayed by the actor Frank John Hughes.

Guarnere, whose combat exploits earned him his nickname, lost a leg while trying to help a wounded solider during the Battle of the Bulge. His commendations included the Silver Star, two Bronze Stars and two Purple Hearts.

In 2007, Guarnere helped write a nationally best-selling memoir called, "Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends," with fellow south Philadelphian veteran Edward J. "Babe" Heffron and journalist Robyn Post.

William Guarnere Jr. said his father and Heffron met during the war and remained friends until Heffron died in December.

"Now they're together again," the son said.

Jake Powers, who operates a Band of Brothers tour company in Grafton, Mass., said Guarnere worked behind the scenes to ensure that his comrades received the recognition they deserved.

"He did more things behind the scenes for other veterans than (for) himself," Powers said.

Funeral arrangements were incomplete Sunday.

Back