NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Training Splits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Splits

Rep Points

Training Splits

What type of splits do you guys use or like?

as of right now im doing

Day 1: chest, bicep
    2:legs
    3:shoulders
    4:off
    5:back, tricep
    6:off
    7:off
    8: Repeat day 1

im looking to find a new one or to try another split..im running out of ideas and im curious as to what you guys use.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

I've been off the full body tip for a while. I'll probably go back to upper-lower at some point in the not too distant future.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

PISSED!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think changing splits is the best.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

I generally alternate programs that use a split like push/pull/legs or upper/lower, with full body ones.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

i'm doing upper/lower, it rocks.

Rep Points

so most of you guys are training each bodypart 2-3 times a week then?

Rep Points

my goal is hypertrophy and i am going to do a bodybuilding show this next summer so i am trying to put some muscle on in the time i have from now till when i start to cutt.

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WATTS View Post
    so most of you guys are training each bodypart 2-3 times a week then?
    In totality, technically yes. However, when people follow their programs (if they ever planned one out), some muscles are used more than they have to be. E.g. triceps,or even worse, biceps
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Weighted Pullups 80lbs 3x3 (3/19)
    Squat 370
    Deadlift after herniation 385lbs 3x3 (3/17)
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

Rep Points

what about for those of you that train each bodypart directly once per week, how are your splits looking?

Rep Points

push/ pull/legs for me - sets of 8-10 right now

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

what about for those of you that train each bodypart directly once per week, how are your splits looking?
    Very few people around here structure their programs like that. And for good reason - its a sucky way of doing things.

Stick to thinking in terms of planes of movement (horizontal, vertical) or movement types (push, pull), or both.

At the moment though im doing a Full Body 3x a week program (mon, wed, fri).

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    Very few people around here structure their programs like that. And for good reason - its a sucky way of doing things.

Stick to thinking in terms of planes of movement (horizontal, vertical) or movement types (push, pull), or both.

At the moment though im doing a Full Body 3x a week program (mon, wed, fri).
    you feel this is a good way to build size? compared to the other?

Rep Points

I am doing full body body undulating right now, but thinking of taking a break and doing something different.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I like it all!!!! No one thing for me, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be something with low reps and a good amount of volume....

.::.:: Legend ::.::.
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think splits are more effective then other,
    i go:
    monday; chest, biceps, shoulders,
    tuesday; back, triceps, legs
    wed: off
    repeat
    weekend off

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DiGiTaL View Post
    I think splits are more effective then other,
    i go:
    monday; chest, biceps, shoulders,
    tuesday; back, triceps, legs
    wed: off
    repeat
    weekend off
    Wouldn't it be better to work your triceps with chest and shoulders and biceps with back for this set-up? what is the reasoning behind this layout?

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

you feel this is a good way to build size? compared to the other?
    A training split doesnt dictate whether you will put on size or not. Its your diet, and to a lesser extent the rep ranges and intensities you use, that will promote hypertrophy and growth.

What upper/lower, full body, and push/pull/legs programs have over bodypart splits, is higher frequency, and its much easier to implement compound exercises. Plus its harder to overtrain a muscle. If youre doing shoulders, chest, and triceps all on separate days youre overtraining your triceps for sure, and most probably your shoulders.

All three can be put into an upper, push, or full body workout.

Have you read the training stickies at the top of the training section?

Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

A training split doesnt dictate whether you will put on size or not. Its your diet, and to a lesser extent the rep ranges and intensities you use, that will promote hypertrophy and growth.
    A split dictates the frequency and a general direction of just about all other factors. Therefore, a split definitely dictates muscle growth.

What upper/lower, full body, and push/pull/legs programs have over bodypart splits, is higher frequency...
    Voila. I must say though, that most 3/week p/p/l routines don't have a higher frequency than training a bodypart once per week.

Just a little nitpicking, I completely agree with the rest.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade View Post
    A split dictates the frequency and a general direction of just about all other factors. Therefore, a split definitely dictates muscle growth.
    I wouldnt say that. If you do a full body with very high reps at low intensity (18-20 reps) and low rest intervals (<30s), youll be less likely to stimulate hypertrophy than if you used moderate intensity, reps (6-8) and rest intervals (90s) even though its the same split.

Sure, on an upper/lower split youre going to be more likely to stimulate hypertrophy than on a bodypart split, but thats because body part splits suck .

What i meant was that just picking a split isnt going to automatically make you put on mass, there are many other factors you need to take into account as well.

Voila. I must say though, that most 3/week p/p/l routines don't have a higher frequency than training a bodypart once per week.

Just a little nitpicking, I completely agree with the rest.
    With p/p/l, no. Ill agree there. That split isnt the best. Its better than bodyparts, but not the best. Upper/Lower is far better .

Rep Points

What upper/lower, full body, and push/pull/legs programs have over bodypart splits, is higher frequency, and its much easier to implement compound exercises. Plus its harder to overtrain a muscle. If youre doing shoulders, chest, and triceps all on separate days youre overtraining your triceps for sure, and most probably your shoulders.

All three can be put into an upper, push, or full body workout.

Have you read the training stickies at the top of the training section?
    also the main reason why people advocate training movements, and why it is better, is because it is easier to make a balanced program when thinking movements, wich is very important

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Wouldn't it be better to work your triceps with chest and shoulders and biceps with back for this set-up? what is the reasoning behind this layout?
    I find it I gett better results with that split and also it is approved with gopro so i think im good.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mike456 View Post
    also the main reason why people advocate training movements, and why it is better, is because it is easier to make a balanced program when thinking movements, wich is very important
    Yup. This is also true.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

I find it I gett better results with that split ...
    Better results than with what?

Rep Points

I find it I gett better results with that split and also it is approved with gopro so i think im good.
    That's cool. If you wouldn't mind sharing, how many exercises are you doing for your back and legs?

Rep Points

I prefer upper/lower.
    That works good for me. But now thinking to try new push/pull/leg
    may be after few days.

Rep Points

just starting a new one this week

1-chest/bicep
    2-legs
    3-shoulders
    4-off
    5back/tricep
    6-off
    7-off

on the days i do two bodyparts i will do the larger muscle in the morning and the smaller late afternoon/night

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

a) how is that any different from what you were already doing?

b) All that is, is a training split. You need a program. Something that manages the training variables. Alone, that means nothing.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

That's cool. If you wouldn't mind sharing, how many exercises are you doing for your back and legs?
    Each week its a set of differnet or similar exercises for the back and legs.
    To see what the exercises I do, click
    http://ironmagazine.com/article65.html
    thats the workout I follow.

Unstoppable Force
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I currently use

Mon: Push
    Tue Pull
    Wed Off
    Thur Legs
    Fri Push

Monday rotate again... that way every three weeks, a certain group of bodyparts get two workouts per week.
    "Show me a beautiful woman, and I'll show you a guy tired of screwing her"

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

upper/lower x2 a week.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast