• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Chest Simplified!

Dr. Pain

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
During earlier posts, despite popular belief, I was asked and did reply that I used various training methods, almost all applying intensity, but not necessarily volume!

I was asked to post some and replied that I would as time went on....BUT, it was also suggested that I place a warning on all of my W/Os :D

WARNING:

There is a severve disease orginating in New Castle UK, it started amongst the Chicken Population, especially those POHM Chickens. It's what happens when you go past Wasted , you become WUSSTED . Now remember this only happens in Chickens, it has affectionately been named WUSSINGTON'S DISEASE! :D

Symptoms are:

Endless chirpping and flapping of the Chickens smaller appendages called wings......

Frequent defication on other's posts, he also shits where he eats!

Ruffled feathers everywhere, the brutality of a W/O tears the little Chicken up so much...he needs twice....err..no quadruple times the amount of rest that the big Sliver Back Gorilla needs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So short on time and limited spotting?

Try this:

4 SETS (back to back, one exercise then the other equals one set) ALL WEIGHTS PYRAMIDED UP!

Pre-exhaust with one arm BB bench presses 8 reps, near failure on sets 3 & 4, this is a self spotting exercise, so go heavy but be warmed up.

30 second rest

Incline bench press 8, 6, 6, then very heavy to failure on the last two sets, single drop on set 4.... 3-4 reps to failure, then 6-8 for a second failure!

Then three minutes rest, then repeat!

So for example 8 reps one arm BB press, 30 seconds rest, 8 reps incline BB, three minutes rest, that's ONE SET!

Last set, (set 4) looks like failure near 8 reps on OABBBP, 30 seconds rest, failure between 3-4 reps IBBBP, then immediate drop, failure near 6-8!

Finish

4 sets super slow Swiss Ball flyes, extra wide, increase weights each set, 15, 12, 10, 8 reps...pyramiding weights, 2 minute rest!

That's all :D

DP

Sounds killer. will this lead to overtraining?

Sorry, but I have to ask..... what are one arm BB bench presses??? I'm not familiar with that one :confused:

Originally posted by robbm
Sorry, but I have to ask..... what are one arm BB bench presses??? I'm not familiar with that one :confused:

Same here !!!! :confused:

What's a one-arm BB bench?

Anyhoo, that actually isn't so bad.

I'm still not sure why you call two, quite obviously different sets, "one" set, but alas...

P.s. Newcastle is one word.

Originally posted by w8lifter

Only in Chicken Babies :D ;)

LMAO! :laugh: :laugh: :D

If anyone has an OT Problem w.this W/O, then I suggest you learn how to recover better! :D

As my collegue John Parrillo once sad to me:

(and take this in the ZEN sense, don't even start a fuckin' argument about it)

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OVERTRAINING, JUST UNDER RECOVERY"

DP

DP,

That was hilarious and oh so true about Chickens. :thumb:

but I also have to ask what are one arm BB presses.

Do you agree with quote 100%?

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Do you agree with quote 100%?

Do you know how to read, don't make me quote myself? :finger:

DP

And just for shits and giggles, no I don't agree 100%, but think about it the way it was intended and prefaced....

How can there be OT if there is Complete Recovery? :D

Because complete recovery can take longer than people rest for.

DP can you please tell us what an one arm bb press is!

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Because complete recovery can take longer than people rest for.

That's their problem if they don't take enough time to rest. In the book "Power Factor Training", it is stated that complete recovery can take as long as 2 weeks between W/O sessions. (with this type of training)

Exactly rob, hence why lower volume approaches are a much better method.

You can expect close to full recovery for bodyparts within the 7 days that (most) people rest for.

This is actually a reason i'm not a big fan of 4 day splits cause it usually entails the delts being hit hard at least thrice weekly, resulting in a lack of "optimum" growth.

W8, why rest more when you can take a lower volume approach and be recovered within the week so you can then do the workout again only this time doing more reps or using more weight?

Chicken Daddy....you're giving me a headache!

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
WARNING:

There is a severve disease orginating in New Castle UK, it started amongst the Chicken Population, especially those POHM Chickens. It's what happens when you go past Wasted , you become WUSSTED . Now remember this only happens in Chickens, it has affectionately been named WUSSINGTON'S DISEASE! :D

Symptoms are:

Endless chirpping and flapping of the Chickens smaller appendages called wings......

Frequent defication on other's posts, he also shits where he eats!

Ruffled feathers everywhere, the brutality of a W/O tears the little Chicken up so much...he needs twice....err..no quadruple times the amount of rest that the big Sliver Back Gorilla needs.

DP

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
OMG that's hilarious, friggin' brilliant!
biggthumpup.gif

IML Gear Cream!
I found it mildy amusing.

It started off with a lot of potential, but his lack of imagination ruined it.

I don't mind being made fun of, especially when the humour is good, but it was nothing worth commending him on, which is why i've only mentioned it now.

To each his own. I tend to be easily amused anyway.
biggrinflip.gif

Originally posted by pumpit
DP can you please tell us what an one arm bb press is!

I will eventually post on one arm BB curls, but a one arm Barbell Bench press is as the title suggest...
done with a Barbell, lying flat on a bench, holding it in the middle, and getting a full range press!

It is about 2-3 times more difficult, especially with weight, than a DB press! You won't believe how much stabilization this movement requires! :D (because 3 .5 feet of bar is extended from each side of your hand, rhe leverage in effect, is incredible)

DP

Yeah, I imagine it'll be good for the stabilizers.

LMAO! :laugh: :laugh: :D

If anyone has an OT Problem w.this W/O, then I suggest you learn how to recover better! :D

As my collegue John Parrillo once sad to me:

(and take this in the ZEN sense, don't even start a fuckin' argument about it)

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OVERTRAINING, JUST UNDER RECOVERY"

DP

Ahhhhh, John Parillo is your colleague...now that explains it. He of the eat 6000-10,000 calories per day school, and the workouts ONLY meant for guys on juice. This explains your crazy workouts...LOL.

The name of this thread should have been "chest complicated," not "simplified." But if it works for you, more power to ya!

Originally posted by gopro

Ahhhhh, John Parillo is your colleague...now that explains it. He of the eat 6000-10,000 calories per day school, and the workouts ONLY meant for guys on juice. This explains your crazy workouts...LOL.

The name of this thread should have been "chest complicated," not "simplified." But if it works for you, more power to ya!

THAT'S A VERY IRRESPONSIBLE COMMENT TO MAKE :finger:

I'M IN THE BUSINESS, I HAVE A LOT OF COLLEGUES, I DON'T NECESSARILY BELIEVE IN THEIR METHODS OR PRINCIPLES!

I HAVE BEEN CONSULTING FOR THE HEALTH FOOD BIZ FOR OVER 20 YEARS....I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED POSTING ON SUPPS YET.
JUDGING ME BY A FEW POSTS IS VERY IMMATURE.

TWICE NOW I HAVE STATED THAT I EMPLOY A LOT OF TRAINING METHODS. I TRAIN TRAINERS, AND ADVISE ATHLETES OF NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL, PROFESSIONAL AND OLYMPLIC CALIPER.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD SHOW MORE RESPECT, YOU MAY GET MORE IN RETURN!

DP

:eek: Ummm, I'd say somtin but your both bigger than me so I'll keep my mouth shut. :)

Bench press is as the title suggest...
done with a Barbell, lying flat on a bench, holding it in the middle, and getting a full range press!

DP

I see that causing a lot of wrist pain!

Well if your strong enough and he certainly sounds like it i think the wrist would be ok ,DP can i ask how many years you have been training just get an idea of how advanced you are?

15 Years, started 1987 for about 6 months WT, then shifted to triathlon and ultra distance running, 1992 became very serious!
The body became it's function, but only when I concentrated on Nutrtion (and recovery) did the gains solidify!.

Taught in the PE Dept at UNLV for a few years, although Finance is my field (have taiught academics also) :D

DP

p.s On this issue, a friend once asked "How long does it take to go from intermediate to advanced BB?"

I had to answer, "For some it's only a matter of several months to a few years, but for others, 20 years to a lifetime, and they still won't get it right!" :D

Back