• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

getting faster...?

michael_s1988

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How do i improve my speed?....wut kinds of weight training and running exercises should i do?...im lookin for easy simple techniques..not goin and buyin a bunch of equipment...

yea..obviously..but wut techniques should i do...wut should i run...etc...

work on your running form and biomechanics

work on getting your hips stronger

work on your explosive power

I say look for advice for these three.
work on your running form and biomechanics

work on getting your hips stronger

work on your explosive power

i want tp try and improve on speed and muscle so i can try and walk on for football in college....

i got the muscle routine down pact...but i need help with the getting faster part...

I am walking to go my tution class nowadays instead of riding motorbike.
You can try same. Try to walk when going to office. That may help.

i want tp try and improve on speed and muscle so i can try and walk on for football in college....

i got the muscle routine down pact...but i need help with the getting faster part...

what does your training look like?

IML Gear Cream!
All of these helped improve my speed.

Squats (regular, split, and jump)
Calf Work
Lunges
Plyometrics
Sled Dragging
Stair/Bleacher Running
40 Yard Sprints

I made a quatum leap improvement of my running speed without ever running. I can't completely isolate what did it, but I am sure it was a combination of these things:

Deadlift
Squat
Leg Curls
Seated Calve Raises
Standign Calve Raises

I read an article by kelly bagget about speed/jump. He said you have to have strength/power/and quick reaction to be a good runner,

so How much do you squat/dead? if you squat/deadlift a good amount, work on plyos/sprinting
if you don't have a good squat/D'ling- start squatting and D'ling

I will see if I can find the article (I posted it on this site)

what does your training look like?

well i lift every monday and tues wed....n thats all after football practice..but now football finished n im tryna improve for a shot at college..

on tuesday its usually lower body..squats,cleans,dead lift,thigh leg raise machine thing and the hamstring raise thing...

I have the EXACT same goal, Im probably a little older but summer '08 I plan on trying (got some classes I need to take over this summer :yell: ) anyway I know squats, lunges, and just strengthining your legs are the #1 thing, I work my legs 2X a week now. Running is also good but run sprints so u dont loose weight. I am going to throw jumproping in my workout routine, when is good time for that?

M - upper
T - Lower - quad dominant
W - Off
TH - Upper
F - Lower - ham/hip dominant
Sa - Off
Sun - Sprints

well i lift every monday and tues wed....n thats all after football practice..but now football finished n im tryna improve for a shot at college..

on tuesday its usually lower body..squats,cleans,dead lift,thigh leg raise machine thing and the hamstring raise thing...

Be more specific. Repetitions, sets, intensity, etc. That is, if there is some kind of organization to it.

Be more specific. Repetitions, sets, intensity, etc. That is, if there is some kind of organization to it.

yea, organization is key.

hypertrophy training needs periodization of some sort.....but, training for athletic performance is another animal. You really need to organize and prioritze what needs to be developed and worked on.

Back