• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Guitar

goandykid

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone know a free or cheap site where I can find guitar music pages for songs? Not Hot Cross Buns or anything, songs I listen to, radio songs.

And I mean the actual music page w/ the lines and everything, not this crap:

[F#m7] [A] [Esus4] [B7sus4] (x4)

thanks

why don't you just listen to the CD and then figure out the song? :confused:

why don't you just listen to the CD and then figure out the song? :confused:

Cuz ya get groups like the Goo Goo Dolls who always do some kinda funky tuning that makes it hard to figure their shit out. P you're a Jazz freak you can figure out the odd stuff but for the guys just starting out or that come from a pure rock background the tabs make life easy. Besides ... saves a bunch of time.

Cuz ya get groups like the Goo Goo Dolls who always do some kinda funky tuning that makes it hard to figure their shit out. P you're a Jazz freak you can figure out the odd stuff but for the guys just starting out or that come from a pure rock background the tabs make life easy. Besides ... saves a bunch of time.
I'm no "musician" but I find this pretty cool. Are you saying that some bands tune their guitars differently (other than the standard E,A,D,G,B,E strings)?

That's nifty :)

I'm no "musician" but I find this pretty cool. Are you saying that some bands tune their guitars differently (other than the standard E,A,D,G,B,E strings)?

That's nifty :)
Half of the stuff Goo Goo Dolls do are not standard tuning. Even classic bands like The Alman Brothers did it.

Tablature? Just search it on Yahoo or something, there are tons of big databases with all sorts of songs. www.tabcrawler.com was pretty good, don't know if it still exists. This site is pretty good. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/

Keep in mind alot of these sites are getting shut down due to copywrite infringements. I had this leet program called Power Tab Editor. It played the song for you and literally had just about everything you could tweak with, distortions, tempos, slaps, hammers, pull-off, holding the note, etc. You could record your own stuff on it too. The program is still available, but you can't download songs for it anymore.

true....but, regardless of the tuning, the chords are still basic chords, A, E, D, etc....Once you figure out the progression, you then can hear that they are using open strings, so all you have to do is tune your guitar to the chord they are playing on and you are good to go.

I ask the same question, but not everyone has an ear for it.

Correction, not everyone STARTS OUT with the ear for it. After you do it a few times you can recognize typical progressions and the way in which chords work. Very few people are actually tone deaf, they are just need to learn how to listen.

IML Gear Cream!
true....but, regardless of the tuning, the chords are still basic chords, A, E, D, etc....Once you figure out the progression, you then can hear that they are using open strings, so all you have to do is tune your guitar to the chord they are playing on and you are good to go.

Correction, not everyone STARTS OUT with the ear for it. After you do it a few times you can recognize typical progressions and the way in which chords work. Very few people are actually tone deaf, they are just need to learn how to listen.

Are you a musician? I have never seen you talk about it before.

P ... you're linear. As in you generally just go the straight line from A to B with no help and just get things done. You are so used to doing everything that way you subconciously just figure everyone should be able to ... lol. Not everyone can. You're able to hear things (besides the voices from your dog), then train and tune your ear so that now you hear a 7th and you hear a 9th in a riff or a chord. Lots of tone deaf mofo's out there that will not ever hear a 9th note ... hell they're lucky if they can tell a sharp from a flat ... but some of them same tone ass deaf mofo's can play 64ths all day long.

I learned to play by ear off of LP's and cassettes back in th e'70s so I just hear the stuff I wanna play too ... but playing the park scene for ten years I met sooo many people that just couldn't hear shit.

P ... you're linear. As in you generally just go the straight line from A to B with no help and just get things done. You are so used to doing everything that way you subconciously just figure everyone should be able to ... lol. Not everyone can. You're able to hear things (besides the voices from your dog), then train and tune your ear so that now you hear a 7th and you hear a 9th in a riff or a chord. Lots of tone deaf mofo's out there that will not ever hear a 9th note ... hell they're lucky if they can tell a sharp from a flat ... but some of them same tone ass deaf mofo's can play 64ths all day long.

I learned to play by ear off of LP's and cassettes back in th e'70s so I just hear the stuff I wanna play too ... but playing the park scene for ten years I met sooo many people that just couldn't hear shit.

Heh, well said.

I wanted to say that but was too lazy to put it to words.

get guitar pro or powertab

Back