• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Mixing whey with oats

leg_press

Starting a fresh
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ON whey protein used 8oz of milk, if I add one cup of oats and blend will it still be drinkable I mean like liquid rather than lumpy/ stodgy?

I usually poor it over raw oats and eat it with a spoon just wondering if blending was more convienant.

Most of the oats will sink to the bottom. I use a spoon either way.

Get a coffee grinder and grind up the raw oats if you want a more "drinkable" shake. Aside from that a full cup of oats needs a spoon if you want to take less than 10 minutes holding your cup upside down trying to get the clump on the bottom to come down.

You could also pre-soak the oats in some water before you mix them - soften them up a bit

i kind of like the chunks at the bottom though

Can you blend the oats first? It doesn't sound like it would go down very well if you just stirred them in.

You could blend them, but you would still have the residue at the bottom
Sorry, I misread legpresse's original post, therefore I was unclear with my response. I was asking legpress if he could just blend them because I thought he was saying he stirred them in. After rereading his post, it seems he was asking if he could blend them.

To answer that, yes, that is what most people do. You shouldn't have much stuff at the bottom if you leave the blender running long enough (45-60 seconds sounds about what i give it). I find that adding more water/milk helps.

That's why I use oat bran. More fiber, and WAY easier to mix.

IML Gear Cream!
That's why I use oat bran. More fiber, and WAY easier to mix.

I use oat bran. They still sink to the bottom.

Drink fast.

Get a coffee grinder and grind up the raw oats if you want a more "drinkable" shake. Aside from that a full cup of oats needs a spoon if you want to take less than 10 minutes holding your cup upside down trying to get the clump on the bottom to come down.

best way to do things

For some reason whenever I include some banana in my whey/oats shakes, the oats get completely liquified. The same blender leaves a bunch of chunks on the bottom when no banana is included. It's odd because this remains true whether or not I let the oats soak in some water for up to a half hour before I add the other ingredients and mix.

Just something I've noticed

You could also pre-soak the oats in some water before you mix them - soften them up a bit

i kind of like the chunks at the bottom though
This is what I do - but I pre-soak my oats in some natural fat-free yoghurt + blended banana. I leave it overnight then in the morning I add whey powder - it makes a really yummy 'mock bircher muesli'.

:nanner:

Back