• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

BCAA and Glutamine.....

danchubbz

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If I train once a day I take both supplements b4 and after, however if I was to do cardio on an empty stomach in the AM and weights in the PM how should be taking them then?

I suppose I could take them b4 and after both sessions but it gets expensive then because I go through them so quick.

How's this for a suggestion; I take em both b4 and after my AM cardio due to the fact I want to limit muscle breakdown and when I do my weights I take my BCAA's b4 with whey protein and glutamine after with whey, this way I only take them 3 times a day each in total.....your thoughts?

Consume the BCAA's in a drink during your cardio, could be another alternative.

Just realised there's about 4 grams of BCAA's in one serving of my whet drink, so really the best time for me to take the majority of them is pre-cardio in the AM since I train on ampty stomach.

Is about 5-10g of BCAA's a good amount b4 and after training?

I am 27 yrs old, 12.8%bf, 160lbs and my goal is to maintain muscle mass and reducr bf.

Thanks.

Just realised there's about 4 grams of BCAA's in one serving of my whet drink, so really the best time for me to take the majority of them is pre-cardio in the AM since I train on ampty stomach.

Is about 5-10g of BCAA's a good amount b4 and after training?

I am 27 yrs old, 12.8%bf, 160lbs and my goal is to maintain muscle mass and reducr bf.

Thanks.

I wouldnt be doing cardio on an empty stomach, BCAA's or not. Just because you eat some BCAA's doesnt mean your not going to burn LBM, especially in the AM where your body is in an already fasted state.

Nothing wrong with running in the AM, just make sure you at least have a decent amount of carbs in you before you run.

As far as the BCAA's, I'd take them with breakfast, then run.

I wouldnt be doing cardio on an empty stomach, BCAA's or not. Just because you eat some BCAA's doesnt mean your not going to burn LBM, especially in the AM where your body is in an already fasted state.

Nothing wrong with running in the AM, just make sure you at least have a decent amount of carbs in you before you run.

As far as the BCAA's, I'd take them with breakfast, then run.

I know what your saying mate and I'm sure all of us have heard the debate many a time about the pros and cons of cardio on an empty stomach but I'm getting good results.

i take 6g glutamien before i workout and before bed.
i take my BCAA's beofre /during workout or before i do any sort of cardio.

With glutamien why is it unwise to take it b4 whey, I know that it interfears with the absorbtion of the glutamine in the whey but how so, does it just slow down the absorbtion or stop it absorb all together?

With glutamien why is it unwise to take it b4 whey, I know that it interfears with the absorbtion of the glutamine in the whey but how so, does it just slow down the absorbtion or stop it absorb all together?
I do not buy into this "theory" as most whey blends are approx 25% BCAAs (All the Whey blend is 4.8gr/22gr by wt; ATW Isolate is 11% at 2.6gr/24.6gr). If they have such an impact absorbsion, it is already occuring with the BCAAs in the blend. And adding another 4 or 5 gr cannot significantly impact it. There is no Valine in the Isolate which is interesting as it is a BCAA. So do you need to supplement the Isolate to make it complete? Why pay more for something you have to supplement with additional compounds? I feel we get into splitting hairs on this stuff. For the average lifter (and I fall in this catagory) I certainly cannot see the benefit of micro managing my protien intake with the time of day and position of the moon. Life is a roller coaster ride. Enjoy the ride.

Back