• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Breathing Issue

r0dxx

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well 4 weeks ago, I got the worst headache ever during bench pressing heavy. Right after my set my head was pounding, and I was nautious, dizzy, etc. I then came back the next day etc, and the same headache came back. From going to a few doctors that weren't much help, I've come to the conclusion by searching online that it was an EIH (Exercise Induced Headache) from improper breathing.

Basically I was struggling really hard on 405, and wasn't breathing at all, or not enough.

So everything is fine now, and I'm just really worried when going heavy now. I never use to focus on breathing, and never really had a problem. Now I'm making myself breathe in and breathe out on the push/pull...But now I feel lightheaded after my set, from OVER breathing. I feel like all I do is breathe now, and I can't even focus on my set. Then 2 days ago I tried doing shoulder press, and I did one set without much concentrated breathing and I felt alot better...Just want to know what I should be doing.

I've been working out for years, and never even really though about breathing in/out guess I just kinda did it...

I breathe in slowly going down(stomach), and explode the air out of my chest while ppushing up. I just had a hernia though, so you might not want to listen to me :lol:

Also does it matter if you breathe in through your mouth or nose? Lately I've been lightly breathing in, then pushing it out hard. But I read somewhere where it said dont "force" the breathe out

One of the vets or PT's could probably answer the actual mechanics of breathing better. I do know however that when you breathe in your abdominals should be loose, make sure you have that down. I breathe 100% out my mouth when I lift b/c I feel like it allows more oxygen into my lungs and my nose is always stuffed.

The light headedness you get from overbreathing is hyperventilating. Most deep sea divers intentionally hyperventilate before dives to allow more oxygen into their lungs, hyperventitalting allows you to force out most of the co2, kind of like intense yawning.

When you got the headache initially did you use the Valsalva maneuver?

Well 4 weeks ago, I got the worst headache ever during bench pressing heavy. Right after my set my head was pounding, and I was nautious, dizzy, etc. I then came back the next day etc, and the same headache came back. From going to a few doctors that weren't much help, I've come to the conclusion by searching online that it was an EIH (Exercise Induced Headache) from improper breathing.

Basically I was struggling really hard on 405, and wasn't breathing at all, or not enough.

So everything is fine now, and I'm just really worried when going heavy now. I never use to focus on breathing, and never really had a problem. Now I'm making myself breathe in and breathe out on the push/pull...But now I feel lightheaded after my set, from OVER breathing. I feel like all I do is breathe now, and I can't even focus on my set. Then 2 days ago I tried doing shoulder press, and I did one set without much concentrated breathing and I felt alot better...Just want to know what I should be doing.

I've been working out for years, and never even really though about breathing in/out guess I just kinda did it...

This has happened to me a few times times in the last 3 months. I initially thought I was suffering a stroke or aneurism. High volume - lo reps.

The headaches were persistant... 1/2 hour or so. I admit though, if I lowered 400lbs. onto my chest at this point... the pain would be from the collapse of my chest, lungs and spine.

When you got the headache initially did you use the Valsalva maneuver?

When I went to see a Neurologist...He kept saying that...but didn't seem to know what I actually did. I was just straining really hard, and not breathing for a few seconds while straining.

This has happened to me a few times times in the last 3 months. I initially thought I was suffering a stroke or aneurism. High volume - lo reps.

The headaches were persistant... 1/2 hour or so. I admit though, if I lowered 400lbs. onto my chest at this point... the pain would be from the collapse of my chest, lungs and spine.

Ya for like a week I was a wreck, I kept thinking it was a aneurism or something bad. It was weird everytime I worked out for a week (any strain) the same headache came back...

I'm still going full intensity now, just a little more worried when breathing, and feel like I'm overthinking it now :(

If the headache was behind the eyes and in the forehead there is a chance that its an infection of the Sinuses - have you had a bad headcold or even been bitten by something that showed allergic reaction recently?

I know this because I had the same problem, out of the blue, last year and was hospitalised for a lumber puncter and CT scan because of it. It turned out that I had been bitten by Mossies in the Caribbean and along with the bites swelling up through an allergy - my sinuses went haywire too - it scared me to death and the doctors didnt work it out at all! - good luck with that mate.

Back