NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Twirked Back... time for a break?

Empowered

Rep Points

Twirked Back... time for a break?

Hey guys,

I got stuck without my car on my push day, so i decided to use my DB's and one of those big workout balls to emulate a bench to do inclined/decline/bench DB presses. anyway, long story short... to get a flatter "bench" feel I came up with the not so brilliant idea to use an empty ice chest to sit on, then lay back on the ball. Well i push to failure and as the dbs are coming down i go to sit up to put them down, only to realize the empty ice chest falls out from under me and in my horror i crash to the ground.

I was fine right then and continued work-out, next day my back is kinda strained...

now to the present.

My back is still a little strained and its my leg day... I'm persuading myself to just take a break till its perfectly fine again and perhaps just do some cardio... But I just got back from thxgiving vacation where I didnt have access to a gym last week... so I dont want to loose moment by taking another week off!

ideas?

End of the world
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Don't mess around with your back. If it's not feeling up to par, skip the workout. You'll live if you miss a workout. You won't like it if you completely screw up your back. Then you won't be lifting for a long time, if at all.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

rest
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Do the leg exercises that don't threaten your back, I'd say.

Rep Points

Yeah, i recently did some personal bests, and it's not like my back is overly sore, it seems to just hurt abit in certain situations. So i've just been doing leg work which doesn't put pressure on the spine. It was a fair battle inside my head to convince myself it wasn't worth the squats / deads.
    "I'll eat all the damned Ham, Cheese, Tomato, Onion toasted sandwhiches I want." -Val