25% Off Black Friday Sale

I wanna be a fieldgoal kicer!

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    610511

    I wanna be a fieldgoal kicer!

    One problem however. I'm 34 years old and have never tried.

    I can go to wal-mart, pick up a football, walk to my local football field, and practice every day. What a life! Even if I am a backup so what? $250,000.00 a year! I only need one to retire.

    So, is it possible? I'm sure there is a lot more to it than that. The point is, anyone with a few dollars can get the materials and practice daily. I would give myself 5 years to perfect the craft and try out at the ripe young age of 39 years. Whooo hooo!

  2. #2
    %
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,130
    Rep Points
    9140814

    Quote Originally Posted by jasone View Post
    One problem however. I'm 34 years old and have never tried.

    I can go to wal-mart, pick up a football, walk to my local football field, and practice every day. What a life! Even if I am a backup so what? $250,000.00 a year! I only need one to retire.

    So, is it possible? I'm sure there is a lot more to it than that. The point is, anyone with a few dollars can get the materials and practice daily. I would give myself 5 years to perfect the craft and try out at the ripe young age of 39 years. Whooo hooo!
    You are having a mid-life crisis.

    Every man your age has this fantasy.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    bigss75's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,136
    Rep Points
    5713156

    You see what happens to field goal kickers at you age, Jason Elam ran for two yards and pulled a hammie. Stick to golf

  4. #4
    pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER
    I Are Baboon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    12,754
    Rep Points
    193730511

    Quote Originally Posted by bigss75 View Post
    You see what happens to field goal kickers at you age, Jason Elam ran for two yards and pulled a hammie. Stick to golf
    That was SO friggin pathetic.

  5. #5
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    15139848

    Quote Originally Posted by I Are Baboon View Post
    That was SO friggin pathetic.
    I don't know what was more pathetic.

    The fact that he pulled the hamstring running on that play....or the fact that they ran such a stupid play with 26sec. left in the half.
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Pepper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,545
    Rep Points
    9523646

    Did you see Josh Brown (Seattle kicker) lay the wood on the kickoff return?

    That was a nice hit.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    bigss75's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,136
    Rep Points
    5713156

    Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    I don't know what was more pathetic.

    The fact that he pulled the hamstring running on that play....or the fact that they ran such a stupid play with 26sec. left in the half.
    Its not like that two extra yards really help Elam's Attempt any

  8. #8
    %
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,130
    Rep Points
    9140814

    Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    I don't know what was more pathetic.

    The fact that he pulled the hamstring running on that play....or the fact that they ran such a stupid play with 26sec. left in the half.
    I think
    Shanihan is one of the top 3 coaches in football. But that call was bush league.

    What'd he expect, Elam to break off-tackle for a an endzone run?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    goandykid's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,374
    Rep Points
    7441633

    I didn't see Elam's run, what happened?

    And Pepper, have you seen that video of the Michigan State kciker or punter(not sure which) exact revenge on an entire return team?

    Apparently he got hit illegally the last time he kicked and he sprinted down after the kick and took out about 3 players from behind.
    You guys are going to lose. You might as well just cheer for me, because Boston isn’t winning in Boston for the season opener. I’m sorry. " - Gilbert Arenas

  10. #10
    Señor Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    MCx2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    7,870
    Rep Points
    37022201

    Quote Originally Posted by goandykid View Post
    I didn't see Elam's run, what happened?

    And Pepper, have you seen that video of the Michigan State kciker or punter(not sure which) exact revenge on an entire return team?

    Apparently he got hit illegally the last time he kicked and he sprinted down after the kick and took out about 3 players from behind.



    ROFL

  11. #11
    Registered User
    goandykid's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,374
    Rep Points
    7441633

    haha yea that was the video. There went the whole Marshall punt return team.
    You guys are going to lose. You might as well just cheer for me, because Boston isn’t winning in Boston for the season opener. I’m sorry. " - Gilbert Arenas

Similar Threads

  1. i'm new, wanna get big
    By mPK in forum New Members Begin Here!
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 04:38 PM
  2. All I wanna do, is
    By TJ Cline in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 06:12 PM
  3. wanna get big, how?
    By agee-unit in forum Training
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 12:32 AM
  4. I wanna know...
    By Trap-isaurus in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 07:31 PM
  5. wanna cut up
    By brennan in forum Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->