• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

MYOSTATIN EXPERIMENT: 2 weeks in...

gopro

NGA/IFPA Pro Bodybuilder
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just an update...I am up 2.5 lbs and feeling really strong. While this is positive, it is still too little and too early to tell anything yet. However, it is something to feel good about. I'll update again in two weeks.

how much would you usually be up in 2 weeks?

Actually, at this time, nothing. I have been on maintenance calories for a while now, and sitting at 255 lbs. I changed NOTHING about my program in the last 2 weeks and am now 257.5 lbs. Is it the Myostim? Too early to tell. But hey, I'll take the extra 2.5 lbs anyway it came!

Could it be that 6 pack that you had to drink last night !! ha ha just kidding. Keep us posted . I am intersted in seeing if this stuff works. If I could find something legal like this that really works, I would be on cloud nine . If this truely works , can you truely imagine the freaks that will be out there. Bodybuilding will go up a whole other level in a matter of 5 to 10 years. Ectomorphs will turn into Endomorphs & Endomorphs will have another class called gargantuans. It is a scary thought if this reallyy works !! Naturally altering ones body frame.. The thought is scary !! So exciting !!

Well, don't get excited yet. Even if this product can bind myostatin, I doubt it can do so to the extent of turning regular BBers into freaks, and freaks into.....Mega-Freaks!

If it does work, and I don't know yet if it does...I would say it would work as well as maybe some prohormones (1AD/1TST) when compared to real steroids.

In other words, there will someday be a drug that can truly bind most of, if not all myostatin, and that the natural, legal kind (like Myostim) will pale by comparison.

By the way GoPro, what brand is that youre using? (Curiosity)

Originally posted by the_menace
By the way GoPro, what brand is that youre using? (Curiosity)

Myostim...Champion Nutrition

Wow. 50 plus bucks per bottle. That's crazy. I'm just hoping that it works accordingly to what youre paying.

Originally posted by the_menace
Wow. 50 plus bucks per bottle. That's crazy. I'm just hoping that it works accordingly to what youre paying.

Honestly...I was able to get it at a nice discount. Luckily, I had a favor to call in, LOL. I'm sure the price will come down though.

Anything new it should be around week three.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm more interested in the IGF-1 drug than myostatin inhibitors. The biology in post-developmental muscle doesn't seem like a whole lots going to happen from it.

I read something about that on Supertraining snake eyes. Sounds extremely beneficial for pre-comp diet.

Gopro, does the label indicate anything in regard to overdosage, Adverse effects, or side effects. Just curious what the product says about the downside since we are starting to understand that the product does have some upside ie 4 lbs. in three weeks.

Originally posted by Snake_Eyes
I'm more interested in the IGF-1 drug than myostatin inhibitors. The biology in post-developmental muscle doesn't seem like a whole lots going to happen from it.

IGF-1 has been getting poor reviews from those that have used it. Those that claim good results are also stacking GH, and steroids, so they have no clue what is working. The lack of efficacy of IGF-1 drugs has been known for a while.

Originally posted by ragingbull
Gopro, does the label indicate anything in regard to overdosage, Adverse effects, or side effects. Just curious what the product says about the downside since we are starting to understand that the product does have some upside ie 4 lbs. in three weeks.

Well, I still can't be sure that it is the Myostim that is causing the weight gain. I will be able to make a better determination after the 8 weeks. However, to answer your question...no, the label on the Champion product does not talk about contraindications, overdose, or side effects.

Originally posted by gopro

IGF-1 has been getting poor reviews from those that have used it. Those that claim good results are also stacking GH, and steroids, so they have no clue what is working. The lack of efficacy of IGF-1 drugs has been known for a while.

I'm not talking about injected IGF-1. That involves the circulating isoform of the growth factor, which doesn't do much of anything for muscle.

I'm talking about a new genetic drug in the works, a viral-delivered gene or a plasmid, implanted in the muscle cell that causes expression of locally-produced IGF-1.

This would essentially take the middle-man out of steroid usage, bypassing the AR, since local IGF-1 is thought to be the direct agent of muscular growth.

Got ya. When will Twinlab be coming out with it ;)

Its currently in animal tests at the moment, but the results have been very promising

Its going to be marketed as a muscle-retention drug for the elderly and those with muscle-wasting diseases.

But with its potential for growth, essentially like being on steroids with no side effects, it *will* be on the black market.

Current estimates are 10-20 years before its commercially available for humans.

Interesting, I am going to do some research on this one. I'm still having fun doing research on prostaglandins.

If a persons myosin dictates how much muscle one can put on or not put on , is protein useless if a person has reached his or her potential muscle growth. I am 5'7" with small bones. I weigh 158 ripped on stage. I am extremely strong for our size. I have been competing for 4 years now. In off-season I gain weight & get stronger but when it comes time to diet for a show & see the end results off my off season preperation, MY WEIGHT ALWAYS ENDS UP THE SAME. I weighed 199lbs in January this year & got on stage at 159lbs at my first show. I am high on the protein & good carbs while dieting. Is the protein i use useless for me !! Is my myosin dictating no more muscle on my frame !!!

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by GYM GURU
If a persons myosin dictates how much muscle one can put on or not put on , is protein useless if a person has reached his or her potential muscle growth. I am 5'7" with small bones. I weigh 158 ripped on stage. I am extremely strong for our size. I have been competing for 4 years now. In off-season I gain weight & get stronger but when it comes time to diet for a show & see the end results off my off season preperation, MY WEIGHT ALWAYS ENDS UP THE SAME. I weighed 199lbs in January this year & got on stage at 159lbs at my first show. I am high on the protein & good carbs while dieting. Is the protein i use useless for me !! Is my myosin dictating no more muscle on my frame !!!

Myostatin is only one mechanism whereby your body puts an upper limit on growth potential. It is HIGHLY doubtful you are at your genetic limits for growth...most probably never get there. If these myostatin binders do work, which is still debatable, they would still only partially block myo's effects.

You need to look at your dieting and training, especially pre-competition...you may be eating away newly aquired muscle tissue!

Originally posted by GYM GURU
MY WEIGHT ALWAYS ENDS UP THE SAME. I weighed 199lbs in January this year & got on stage at 159lbs at my first show.

40 lbs is a ton of weight! I would say too much to lose. Probably losing some muscle with it! A friend of mine made the same mistake! I would say come in around 165 to 169. JMO

I would be on cloud 9 to come inaround 165lbs. I have tried for years to do that. I am the most muscular guy in my family, including uncles etc. I am the biggest guy I know in my family & I do not consider myself big by any means!

Having not seen you, it's hard to say. My friend was a little over 200 and got in the 150's. You could tell his face was sunken in and he did not look good at all. Lost too much muscle! This was last summer! The first show this year(1 month ago) he came in about 175. Much more muscle and look fantastic. He won the middleweight and overall!!! And he was still ripped!

GG.....here are a few pics to give you an idea....

Last edited:
What did he do different. Is a persons face being sunken in a sign of muscle loose. I did not get that this year but last year I looked like I was on crack !

Not sure, but I'm guessing it had to be his diet!!

Have you noticed any difference in training 'Pro?

Back