• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

protein variety? is it important?

runlift22

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am thinking of going completely vegetarian... I don't each much meat now anyways... mostly just fish once or twice a week. Is it OK to have my complete proteins sources come ONLY from egg whites, whole eggs, protein powder, soy milk, skim milk, and greek yogurt or cottage cheese? At LEAST 3 or 4 meals with 8 egg wjites/ a couple whole eggs a piece and then the other meals would have either yogurt or protein powderor milk or c.c. as a complete protein?

I am concerned that this will inhibit my bulk and my ability to gain muscle, but I am doing this for personal, ethical reasons that I feel strongly about. So will the lack of variety hurt my growth/nutrition/health? Will I gain MORE muscle if I eat meat? Also, last question, does 200 grams of asparagus (100 cals, 10 grams protein) and nonfat cheddar cheese (7 grams protein) = a complete protein? Is that an ok "snack"? THANK YOU!

Being a vegetarian is bad for your health and will hurt your gains. Period.

You can minimize this loss if you eat smart, but you'll never be able to fully mimic the benefits of eating meat and fish.

It's true. I tried to go the veggi route and didn't gain a damn thing. In fact, I kept losing weight and probably some LBM too.

Back