• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Running question

MACCA

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Last week i completed my first 10 mile race in a time of 80 mins 55 secs which i was very pleased with as i had set myself a target of 90 mins. I have entered another 10 miler in january and would obviously like to better my time. 8 min 5 secs was my average mile time and i know that i could push myself more but the question is especially to the other runners what do you think is feasable time wise without over doing it and completly burning myself out...?? :bulb:

I don't know that anyone can give you a defenite number as far as how you can progress.

Why not work on tempo runs and working on increasing your speed and intensity over shorter distances and trying to build on it?

I don't know that anyone can give you a defenite number as far as how you can progress.

Why not work on tempo runs and working on increasing your speed and intensity over shorter distances and trying to build on it?

Agreed. I would mix long distance running with sprints and interval training. If one simply runs long distance to train for a long distance race, other than a marathon, then the body will only be used to the steady state that it trains within. Just like any workout you must keep it challenging.

Cheers guys, i have been going to the gym every other day and running on the treadmill mixing it up a little. Goal wise i would like to get under that elusive 8min mile, that will be my goal for the new year maybe just knocking off 10/20 secs off each mile....:thumb:

Agreed. I would mix long distance running with sprints and interval training. If one simply runs long distance to train for a long distance race, other than a marathon, then the body will only be used to the steady state that it trains within. Just like any workout you must keep it challenging.

These guys are right. How much time do you have? Increasing speed is first done by building a very strong aerobic base, which should be about 60-70% of your training, meaning longer distances but at a slower than race pace speed. Then about 8-10 weeks out you begin tempo and hill work to build speed and strength. With any endurance sport, even to build speed, more is more - meaning the more you run, the faster you're going to get. You had a great time for your first 10 miler, for your next one depending on how much time you have I'd set a goal of maybe 75-78 minutes.

Back