• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The man....

P-funk

Patrick
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Damn, Jon Pal was an awesome strongman! Friggin' lean for a big dude too....check out how big Kaz is in this clip also!

Long Live the Viking!

That was a cool clip. Shit only 32.

Cool.

Was it a heart attack?

I guess so. All Kaz says was that he was lifting and his heart just stopped....and how great it was that he was doing what he loved and he got to go out like that in the perfect setting...

Pudz is not a viking. :mad:

Man, i watched the whole of that Pure Strength 1987 feature last night, and how inspiring was that guy? I wanted to go and lift right away, but it was 2:00am.

He really was a modern day viking.

Yeah he died of a massive heart attack doing the deadlift(his favorite exercise) His family was predisposed for heart problems.

Yeah he died of a massive heart attack doing the deadlift(his favorite exercise) His family was predisposed for heart problems.

damn.....do you think the lifting contributed to his early demise? Maybe drugs??

damn.....do you think the lifting contributed to his early demise? Maybe drugs??

NO!!!

Lifting helps people live longer. And as to your drug question. There's engough irresponsible "journalists" in the world already spouting that bullshit, we don't need useless, rediculous speculation here.:finger:

NO!!!

Lifting helps people live longer. And as to your drug question. There's engough irresponsible "journalists" in the world already spouting that bullshit, we don't need useless, rediculous speculation here.:finger:

Calm down, they are valid questions. Honestly, I do think the deadlifts may have pushed him over the edge. Your blood pressure skyrockets when you use the Valsalva maneuver. It's the same reason older people die taking shits a lot. So, weightlifting didn't cause his heart problems, but he probably wouldn't have died right then and there if he wasn't deadlifting.

IML Gear Cream!
Calm down, they are valid questions. Honestly, I do think the deadlifts may have pushed him over the edge. Your blood pressure skyrockets when you use the Valsalva maneuver. It's the same reason older people die taking shits a lot. So, weightlifting didn't cause his heart problems, but he probably wouldn't have died right then and there if he wasn't deadlifting.

I completely disagree. He was in great physical shape because of the weightlifting. If he had led a sedentary lifestyle he would have died year sooner. (Purely opinion. We have no way of verifying that.) Yes, the deadlift he was doing at the moment of his death was certainly a contributing factor, but overall weightlifting lengthened his life, it didn't shorten it.

As for the drug question; you mean rediculous, irresponsible questions like that don't piss you off? Oh well, maybe I've been around them too long.

I believe it. My whole body gets bright red when I'm deadlifting. :laugh:

I completely disagree. He was in great physical shape because of the weightlifting. If he had led a sedentary lifestyle he would have died year sooner. (Purely opinion. We have no way of verifying that.) Yes, the deadlift he was doing at the moment of his death was certainly a contributing factor, but overall weightlifting lengthened his life, it didn't shorten it.

As for the drug question; you mean rediculous, irresponsible questions like that don't piss you off? Oh well, maybe I've been around them too long.

He had a genetic heart problem that was in his family for a long time. He was fully aware of his problem aswell.

He had a genetic heart problem that was in his family for a long time. He was fully aware of his problem aswell.

And?:hmmm:

That's exactly why I say the weightlifting extended his life. With his predisposition to heart disease, leading a sedentary lifestyle would have had him dead years sooner.

Valsalva maneuver?

Was ist das?

Valsalva maneuver?

Was ist das?

It's when you try to take a shit without having shit come out.

ALBOB: I think moderate exercise would have extended his life, but powerlifting and strongman provided too much acute stress for his heart.

It's when you try to take a shit without having shit come out.

Right. I never use that technique. Im naturally very flatulent, so its not a good idea :p.

Great Video. No matter how he passed it is a shame so young and such an inspiration to others.

That's exactly what I said. Deadlifting contributed at the moment of death, but as stated, "weightlifting didn't cause his heart problems."

I understand your point of view when it comes to drugs. I also realize that it can be reasonably safe to take steroids if you know what you're doing. Nonetheless, the dosages that a lot of strength athletes and bodybuilders take are not necessarily 100% safe, even if medically supervised.

Back