NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

the muscle between abs and pecs

Preved Medved!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

the muscle between abs and pecs

does anyone know what excersizes really bring out that muscle between your abs and your chest? I remember doing something that made it stand out like crazy, but for the life of me I can't remember what excersize that was.

Heeeeelp

Rep Points

I didn't realise there was a muscle there...
    No Milk, no.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.
    Please read and comment on my journal

Preved Medved!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

ok, whatever it is, the uppermost part of abs. the part that still covers the ribs, not the abdominal cavity. how do you work that thing?

Rep Points

anterior serratus.

Rep Points

or abdominal oblique muscle?

not sure which part you meant.

Preved Medved!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The muscle that I hi-lited in the pic. Also, I just realized that my mantittied don't drop down as far as this guys. I'm a tall guy, so I have about half an inch of space between my pec and my abs. I want to know how I can fill that space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rep Points

That's 2-pac
    No Milk, no.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.
    Please read and comment on my journal

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Diet.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    That's 2-pac
    I thought he was dead.

Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    I thought he was dead.
    And all the time he was just hiding between the abs and the chest of this manittittied virtual model!

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Light weight!

Rep Points

Haha, brilliant

Young & Dumb User

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    Diet.
    im gunna have to agree on this one...

everyone has the muscle...

Preved Medved!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by plewser2006 View Post
    im gunna have to agree on this one...

everyone has the muscle...
    Diet is just one half of the equation. You have to work your abs if you want anything more then an abdominal vacuum. Having a low body-fat% doesn't give you well developed abs, it just exposes them more. There's no substitute for training.

MAC33

Rep Points

Well if it's part of the abdominal muscle then shouldn't it technically contract to almost all ab-exercises? I could be horribly wrong... which is why I added a question mark. On a side note... Tupac just came out with a new albulm... does anyone else find this strange? You know... considerin he's dead in all... I mean I know he's a "thug-4-life" but still recording albulms in the after life is just straight up gangsta... fo real. Ok.. I'm done with that.
    When you learn to find the humor in every situation... you'll learn that laughing is a much better reaction than getting upset.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zl214 View Post
    anterior serratus.
    I thought this muscle, is located to the upper side of the trunk, lying just below the pit
    Cow Pimp - If you don't train your legs you're a dumbfuck. I'm not going to elaborate on why. If it isn't obvious to you, then you deserve the marginal results that you get and hideously unbalanced/injury prone physique that you will build.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by iMan323 View Post
    Diet is just one half of the equation. You have to work your abs if you want anything more then an abdominal vacuum. Having a low body-fat% doesn't give you well developed abs, it just exposes them more. There's no substitute for training.
    Your abdominal muscles are not flat. You dont have to train them to give them shape, the shape is natural.

If you want well defined, visible abdominal muscles, then all that is holding you back is your bodyfat %.

Thats it.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    You dont have to train them to give them shape, the shape is natural.
    Muscles don't grow?

Young & Dumb User

Rep Points

well the muscles will grow if you work them...
    but everyone has abs, everyone has an 8 pack... its just under a layer of fat...

nobody on earth has such undeveloped abs that they are not gunna show up if you have low body fat... you use them everytime you... sit down, stand up, walk,... mine even contract a little when i breath.. so doing 1000 situps a day isnt gunna give you well defined abs if you dont have low body fat

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade View Post
    Muscles don't grow?
    Read what i said. "Shape" not "Size".

Besides, why would you want 'big' abs? Big abs = thick waist = not particularly aesthetic...

Train for abdominal stability and strength if its useful, but if we're just talking about getting definition then its all diet.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by plewser2006 View Post
    well the muscles will grow if you work them...
    but everyone has abs, everyone has an 8 pack... its just under a layer of fat...

nobody on earth has such undeveloped abs that they are not gunna show up if you have low body fat... you use them everytime you... sit down, stand up, walk,... mine even contract a little when i breath.. so doing 1000 situps a day isnt gunna give you well defined abs if you dont have low body fat
    Bingo.

Rep Points

I have the same problem kind of. From the front my abs look good and defined but for some reason the top ones are really small. When I turn to the side it looks like I have a gut cause my top abs are small but the bottom six are big. Any suggestions?

BEEFCAKE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Are you talking about the rectus abdominis?

Rectus Abdominis

Here's a whole list of exercises for the 3 components of the "waist": Waist Exercise Menu

Any of that look like what you're looking for?

From 15 years' observation of bodybuilding competitors - abs have a large genetics aspect to them as far as what you have to work with. Your ability to display any of it will be dependent upon your degree of bodyfat first and foremost. EVerything else will be dependent upon what you had to start with first - e.g. I've gotten down to 6-7% bodyfat but dont' have particularly deep seperation in my abs. Check Built's avi tho - she's got great detail at 13-14% bodyfat. Then look at someone like national level FBB, Margaret Negrete for some nutty seperation.

And then what you can do with that.

All posts are for entertainment. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Rep Points

hmmm dumbell pullovers maybe

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Those muscles are made in the kitchen bro!

Rep Points

part of it is your inercostal (or however you spell it) used for breathing, I notice it come out real well after a good run, so cardio and diet would bring it out WELL. but packing on weights on an upper abdominal machine works quiet well too. the combination would bring phenomenal results from what I have done.

Rep Points

Yeah my rectus abdominis like in the op's pic the highlighted muscles. The rest of my abs have gotten big but those top two have just stayed small. I'm just wondering how can I bulk those ones up cause the rest are just fine and defined. I'm at about 10 percent body fat so I don't think its body fat and I'm a basketball player so I do cardio quite a bit but nothing really changes. thanks for all the help by the way everybody

Rep Points

Two words... Cat Vomit