Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

Bone Growth

Thread: Bone Growth

Rep Points

Bone Growth

OK, so as the tittle suggest's I wish to maximise my bone growth and reach my height potential as fast as possible. So, I am going to display the factors I have considered, from diet/lifestyle habits that may contrubute.

a) Take a multi-vit
    b) Drink water regularly/no soda/pop/AVOID Alcohol!
    c) Include veggies/fruit/fibre/quality protein
    d) Active lifestyle
    e) 8-10 hours sleep each night

Oh yea almost forgot....I am 18 in January, my height now is 5'11. My mum is quite short perhaps 5'6/7, and my dad is bout 6ft.

Please tell me any more factors that will help to contribute in my height development, via diet/lifestyle that I have not included.

Thanks, Raz
    Cow Pimp - If you don't train your legs you're a dumbfuck. I'm not going to elaborate on why. If it isn't obvious to you, then you deserve the marginal results that you get and hideously unbalanced/injury prone physique that you will build.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'd venture to guess you are at the size you are going to be at, probably within an inch at least.

Sorry but genetics is the game here.

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I know peolpe who have had quite a spurt from 18-22, you still got time. Eating alot doesn't hurt either.

but like Iain said, genetics is the key factor.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

You MAY have some growth left in you [some males don't 'solidify' their final height/width till their mid 20's]..

But - as it was said - Height is a combination of genetics + environment. Now - you can't do much for the genetics (pick better parents???) the environment stuff you can change...

You basically said most of it:
    1/ Good nutrition - especially getting ENERGY (with a balance of carbs, protein and healthy fats)
    2/ Ensure good level of vitamins (esp Vit D and Vit C) and minerals (esp calcium and Mg but also a stack of others)
    2/ good activity level/ staying healthy
    3/ good growth hormone and test. levels
    4/ Low stress levels... [High cortisol levels are known to blunt growth].
    5/ Avoiding things like cigarettes, alcohol, drugs etc etc
    ~

Rep Points

My sister is 6'3". I'm an inch shorter than my 6' dad was. But my grandfather was 6'3".

My X-Wife has a 6'4'' brother... despite the fact that both her parents were under 5'7". Her Uncle Henry was 6'4" before he burried himself in mud in attempt to fix a hip problem and was opportunistically shot by his own brother.

Check out your grandparents uncles, cousins, etc. I don't wanna open that closet.

"Wait 'till you see special photos of my old man butt in April!"

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Jim, I would have thought you'd come in here talking about your own personal idea of "bone growth".
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Rena's favorite beverage.
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Theoretically, an aromatase inhibitor should delay epiphyseal plate closure.
    "When life gives you shit... make brownies."
    "Before you critizise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, youre a mile away and you have their shoes."
    "The tactical use of nuclear weapons as social "reset" buttons is really underrated." ~ geigertube

Rep Points

Thanks, for your replies guys. LOL at Fufu.

Quote Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    Theoretically, an aromatase inhibitor should delay epiphyseal plate closure.
    Can you explain this for me? Any links to this item?
    Cow Pimp - If you don't train your legs you're a dumbfuck. I'm not going to elaborate on why. If it isn't obvious to you, then you deserve the marginal results that you get and hideously unbalanced/injury prone physique that you will build.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    Jim, I would have thought you'd come in here talking about your own personal idea of "bone growth".
    Plenty of sets and reps - daily.

Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Don't worry about bone growth man. If you have a healthy lifestyle, there's nothing you can do. And don't let that healthy get to your head. There's more to life than a perfectly healthy body. If you want to go out and drink sometime, go for it. In fact, by not living like a health robot ALL the time, you're probably contributing to your happiness. And there's nothing healthier than happiness.

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JimSnow View Post
    Plenty of sets and reps - daily.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade View Post
    Don't worry about bone growth man. If you have a healthy lifestyle, there's nothing you can do. And don't let that healthy get to your head. There's more to life than a perfectly healthy body. If you want to go out and drink sometime, go for it. In fact, by not living like a health robot ALL the time, you're probably contributing to your happiness. And there's nothing healthier than happiness.
    Good point actually. Thanks Dude!

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Just curious, why do you want to be taller?
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Pic is at 263-14% jan 06

Rep Points

my dad is 5'10 on a good day, and my mom is 5'8. I stopped growing at 14, and am 6'5" tall. If my partying as a teen, or the soda i used to drink or the not taking a vitamin or not working out made me stop growing, i am shocked. Imagine how tall i would have been.

I belive you will stop when you will. nothing you can do to make you taller or shorter. genetics are genetics.

I wish i was 5'9 and almost 260lbs instead of 6'5 and 260 but hey shit happens.
    These are my dreams, which I must make reality!

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Can you explain this for me? Any links to this item?
    Aromatase inhibitor prevent the conversion of testosterone/androgens into oestrogen.

And high levels of Oestrogen is something that closes growth plateslevels (it is one of the reasons why females will stop growing at the time of/ soon after their first ovulatory period)... and it also has an impact on growth hormone levels and activity read me.

But... ermmm.. I do not recommend you take them [they have icky side effects... PLUS - LOW levels of oestrogen can actually HELP growth AND oestrogen is important in bone turn over too - it helps to regulate/decrease the resorption of bone].
    http://edrv.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/24/6/782

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

http://erc.endocrinology-journals.or...eprint/6/2/303

http://joe.endocrinology-journals.or...rint/182/1/165

http://edrv.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/25/3/389

http://humupd.oxfordjournals.org/cgi...stract/7/3/303
    ~

Rep Points

Just curious, why do you want to be taller?
    a.) 5''11 is quite short
    b.) I have natural very wide hips, becoming taller and wider up top will give the illusion of a smaller waist.
    c.) Why not?

Emma-Leigh, thanks for that info that was gr8! I don't think I will look into one of those. I believe a healthy, balanced diet will keep my hormone levels optimal right?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade View Post
    Well said.

Nothing contributes to happiness more than a well-rounded approach to life. Work hard, let loose ocassionally, and don't worry.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JimSnow View Post
    Well said.

Nothing contributes to happiness more than a well-rounded approach to life. Work hard, let loose ocassionally, and don't worry.
    Thanks Jim, means alot! I do lay back from everything once in a while, I'm not that strict. I just wish to make the most of it now whilst I'm still young and it comes easy. I'm sure down the line it will pay off for me.

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

lol, 5' 11'' is not quite short, are you kidding me?
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Rep Points

lol, 5' 11'' is not quite short, are you kidding me?
    No, not kiddin at all man. Well 5'11 was an educated guess I asked and my dad told me I was 5'10. I wouldn't say it is very short but most of my friends are a few inches taller and I feel small compared to them and most young men. My ideal height would be 6'1. Atm, I weigh in at 190ish near end of day. By the time I'm in my early 20's, I would like to stand at 6'1 and weigh about 250. Ideal bf would be 10-13% that is probably the hardest task for me but sure not impossible.