• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Mind tricks for lifting...

Mindset26

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone have any mental techniques for achieving
focus and productivity in their lifting.
Counting backwards, like a countdown works well for me.
You know like a rocket countdown.
I don't know why but a set seems to go quicker that way.
I also use a focus point on a wall. For doing squats for example,
I pick a spot or an object on the wall ahead and above me.
I focus on it completely, keeping my mind off the weight I'm
lifting. It works well for me.
Some people are the opposite. They like to look at and focus on the weight
they are lifting to psyche themselves up.
Any mental techniques out there? :thinking:

Sometimes if I focus the Force on the bar I can move it w/o even touching it.

Thank you, Mindset26. I think both are worth trying,

Counting backwards!! That's an interesting idea why have I never come up with that idea ?
I'm gonna try it at my next training session.

Usually I am easily intimidated by the weight heavier than my wife !! Don't tell her I said that. :dont:
So once I lie down on the bench I usually put some efforts to forget about actual weight I'm gonna lift, instead I try to concentrate on reps so I chant like, "( Today I will lift this ) six times, six times, SIX!!"
I know it's kinda lame. but I can't help. :shrug:

I do the "spot-on-a-wall" thing.

Music. I skip to my fav tracks on a CD, especially for supersets. Let the emotion take over.

I never focus on the weight. Generally, I just try to relax, free my mind, and understand, "if it's there, you'll succeed... if not, next time."

Music can be downright the most helpful thing to me. It has to be just the right kind, but if you can find what works for you, it's mazing.

If I'm not listening to music, I find it best to concentrate carefully on what I'm doing. You know, the whole mind/muscle connection thing.

I only had to do those things when I first started out, after a year or so I find it easy and natural to try my hardest

I only had to do those things when I first started out, after a year or so I find it easy and natural to try my hardest

Agreed................

i listen to music when i lift but at certain times when i really need to concentrate i turn the music off for that set...........

I say: "Yeaaaah buddy! Light weight! light weight! OOOOO!"

when trainig with mate - if we are doing 15's we count each other down in 5's. 54321, 54321 etc.

mentall pshyching up before each set, getting really riled up.

While benching, if I'm struggling through the last few reps, I focus on my left wrist. Odd I know, but I learned the trick in high school and it's worked fairly well for me.

Back