IronMagLabs

Metabolism kick-start

Rep Points

Metabolism kick-start

Recently I have been doing cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning to maximise fat burn.

To reduce lean mass loss I always take glutamine and BCAA's before my cardio.

My question is this; I realise after fasting during sleeping through the night your first meal of the day kick starts your metabolism. However, after sleeping and cardio I go approx 10-11 hours without eating so would the Glutamine and BCAA's act the same as your first meal in the sense of kick-starting your metabolism?

I always have a slow-digesting protein shake with EFA's before I go to bed to help prevent the muscle breakdown through the night.

In Training

Rep Points

I think you need a more significant amount of calories to 'kick start' your metabolism. This is why anything less than 100 calories or so should never be counted as a meal.. I don't believe it really helps to keep your metabolism spinning
    "Knowing is not enough we must apply." --- "Willing is not enough we must do."

-B.L.

Rep Points

I don't count it as a meal but I've been told in the past that glutamine and BCAA's will break down the overnight fast.

Rep Points

I would eat some Ezekial bread toast and peanut butter with your BCAA's. For the best results I would eat right after you workout to loose the most fat with cutting.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie2 View Post
    I would eat some Ezekial bread toast and peanut butter with your BCAA's. For the best results I would eat right after you workout to loose the most fat with cutting.
    that's what I do, I finish my cardio take more BCAA's straight away after then straight home to have my breakfast which is usually oats with whey.

Rep Points

BCAA's during and post workout is what I usually use.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danchubbz View Post
    I don't count it as a meal but I've been told in the past that glutamine and BCAA's will break down the overnight fast.
    i've heard this too, but I always have a scoop of protein before cardio. better yet, I use MM.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.