Anyone suffering from this?

Rep Points

Anyone suffering from this?

Anyone here ever have non-ulcer dyspepsia? It's not an ulcer (I've been tested , came back negative) but the symptoms are identical. An hour or so after eating I start having stomach pain. I was on a large dose of Zantac for 2 and half months, and ate 3 small meals a day to help get rid of the problem, and it did.
    2 weeks ago I went back to my 6 meal-a-day diet (I eat very healthy) and the symptoms are coming back. I am somewhat discouraged. One cause of dyspepsia is overeating. Are 6 meals a day causing my stomach to be "overused", if thats even possible. Just wondering if someone out there has any ideas.

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by xpcxpc View Post
    Anyone here ever have non-ulcer dyspepsia? It's not an ulcer (I've been tested , came back negative) but the symptoms are identical. An hour or so after eating I start having stomach pain. I was on a large dose of Zantac for 2 and half months, and ate 3 small meals a day to help get rid of the problem, and it did.
    2 weeks ago I went back to my 6 meal-a-day diet (I eat very healthy) and the symptoms are coming back. I am somewhat discouraged. One cause of dyspepsia is overeating. Are 6 meals a day causing my stomach to be "overused", if thats even possible. Just wondering if someone out there has any ideas.
    First: Have you been checked out for anything else (gastritis associated with things like autoimmune disease?? Food intolerances?? reflux/oesophageal irritation?? Irritable Bowel syndrome?). And what did they test for the ulcer (did they look into your stomach? Test for bacteria?)

Second: Is there anything else that could be related? (are you on medications? Do you smoke? Drink? Caffeine?)

Third: Have you tried other meds for it?

Fourth: On increasing meals - have you added any different foods back in? (anything you cut out when eating less meals).

Fifth: Over-use...??? not really [and most people find small, frequent meals more beneficial]... But different people get different symptoms..... So you should try to work out what is linked to your condition and remove what is triggering the pain (so, for you, it may just be that you need to eat less frequently).
    ~

Rep Points

First: Have you been checked out for anything else (gastritis associated with things like autoimmune disease?? Food intolerances?? reflux/oesophageal irritation?? Irritable Bowel syndrome?). And what did they test for the ulcer (did they look into your stomach? Test for bacteria?)

They tested for bacteria, the next step would be a camera down my throat. I don't really want that. I haven't been tested for anything else

Second: Is there anything else that could be related? (are you on medications? Do you smoke? Drink? Caffeine?)

No medacations, i don't smoke, no alcohol or coffee either

Third: Have you tried other meds for it?

no, zantac and less meals worked very well

Fourth: On increasing meals - have you added any different foods back in? (anything you cut out when eating less meals).

the only thing I really added back in was protein shakes, I was eating everything else just less often.

Fifth: Over-use...??? not really [and most people find small, frequent meals more beneficial]... But different people get different symptoms..... So you should try to work out what is linked to your condition and remove what is triggering the pain (so, for you, it may just be that you need to eat less frequently).