• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Confused.............

the_general64

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If you are making gains by doing a horrible routine do you continue to do that until you stop making gains or stop and change it immediately? for example, when i first started lifting i bench pressed every other day. i went from doing 8 reps of 140 to 8 of 200. then i learned that you shouldn't bench that often so i benched about once every four or five days, and continued making gains. right now my routine is:
mon flat and incline bench machine flys
tue machine rows pullups close grip pulldowns
wed close grip bench press dips overhead presses
thurs sqauts sldl's back extensions seated and standing calf raises
fri off
sat off
sun mon workout
most people on this board do a 2 on 1 off and those who don't, don't workout 4 days in a row. so if i am making gains doing this, which i am do i continue or change? i also have to figure out how to work in arms because my arms haven't gotten any stronger with just the pull day workout

If you are making gains by doing a horrible routine do you continue to do that until you stop making gains or stop and change it immediately? for example, when i first started lifting i bench pressed every other day. i went from doing 8 reps of 140 to 8 of 200. then i learned that you shouldn't bench that often so i benched about once every four or five days, and continued making gains. right now my routine is:
mon flat and incline bench machine flys
tue machine rows pullups close grip pulldowns
wed close grip bench press dips overhead presses
thurs sqauts sldl's back extensions seated and standing calf raises
fri off
sat off
sun mon workout
most people on this board do a 2 on 1 off and those who don't, don't workout 4 days in a row. so if i am making gains doing this, which i am do i continue or change? i also have to figure out how to work in arms because my arms haven't gotten any stronger with just the pull day workout

when you are first starting out, you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want to do and you will make gains. it isn't magic. you have to get more creative as your training age grows in order to keep making progress.

The thing that I would change about your routine is that you have all that pressing (2 different days) and not a lot of pulling. I would change that because you need to really make sure that you strengthen your upper back to prevent shoulder injuries and other issues that arise from excessive pressing movements.

could you give me some advice on some other pulling movements i could possibly do? and would i do them on a separate day or on the same pull day?

could you give me some advice on some other pulling movements i could possibly do?

I usually don't like to train 4 days in a row like that. but, if that is what you have to do and you are not in an ideal situation, then so be it....I would set it up like this:

mon- upper horizontal (bench presses and rows)
tues- lower
wed- upper vertical (incline and overhead presses and pull ups/pull downs)
thurs- lower
fri-sun- off

Back